Columbia Law School 2012! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
SleekFire

Bronze

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Post by SleekFire » Wed May 13, 2009 6:39 pm

Perkins loans have to be awarded by the school?

frank_the_tank

Bronze

Post by frank_the_tank » Wed May 13, 2009 6:40 pm

SleekFire wrote:Perkins loans have to be awarded by the school?
Yep~

phillygimp

New

Post by phillygimp » Wed May 13, 2009 6:53 pm

For the people who chose Discover, what did you put as the loan application dates?

jpaul09

New

Post by jpaul09 » Wed May 13, 2009 7:14 pm

I called Discover, and they told me to put the month I was starting school and the month I was ending the academic year -- so 08/09-05/10.

SleekFire

Bronze

Post by SleekFire » Sun May 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Its official! Im in!

CLS 2012 baby! ;-)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

frank_the_tank

Bronze

Post by frank_the_tank » Mon May 18, 2009 1:05 am

SleekFire wrote:Its official! Im in!

CLS 2012 baby! ;-)
Sweet! Congrats~

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:14 am

frank_the_tank wrote:
SleekFire wrote:Its official! Im in!

CLS 2012 baby! ;-)
Sweet! Congrats~
:mrgreen: ... congrats!

thrillhouse

Bronze

Post by thrillhouse » Mon May 18, 2009 10:52 am

Alright! All you Columbos! (that's what we decided to go with, right?) School is over (or almost) for everyone. So, it's time to begin getting together and getting a head start on taking the world by storm. So, for those of you in the NY/NJ/CT/Philly area, we have some potential social events. So far there is:

Wilco show at Keyspan Park (coney island) on July 13th. This is the last year for Coney Island in its somewhat original incarnation. They are tearing it down to make it shiny and sterile. So, this may be our last chance to see it in an interesting way.

All Points West Festival, July 31-Aug.2 Some pretty cool lineups on all but the last day where Coldplay headlines. That day's best act is the Black Keys.

Random bar/movie/touristy/bowling/whatever you can think of meetups. Bowling is really fun if everyone sucks. I know I suck. Won't you join me.

I am hoping we can form a pretty tight-knit group before we all arrive in August. It would be great if we had a support system in place for what promises to be a challenging and stressful 3 years. Plus, it'd be nice to buck the trend that we Columbos are all hyper-competitive, back-stabbing, cutthroat, prestige-whoring, colossal douchebags.

Lem37

Bronze

Post by Lem37 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:42 pm

thrillhouse wrote:Alright! All you Columbos! (that's what we decided to go with, right?) School is over (or almost) for everyone. So, it's time to begin getting together and getting a head start on taking the world by storm. So, for those of you in the NY/NJ/CT/Philly area, we have some potential social events. So far there is:

Wilco show at Keyspan Park (coney island) on July 13th. This is the last year for Coney Island in its somewhat original incarnation. They are tearing it down to make it shiny and sterile. So, this may be our last chance to see it in an interesting way.

All Points West Festival, July 31-Aug.2 Some pretty cool lineups on all but the last day where Coldplay headlines. That day's best act is the Black Keys.

Random bar/movie/touristy/bowling/whatever you can think of meetups. Bowling is really fun if everyone sucks. I know I suck. Won't you join me.

I am hoping we can form a pretty tight-knit group before we all arrive in August. It would be great if we had a support system in place for what promises to be a challenging and stressful 3 years. Plus, it'd be nice to buck the trend that we Columbos are all hyper-competitive, back-stabbing, cutthroat, prestige-whoring, colossal douchebags.
Or, at the very least, we can be hyper-competitive, back-stabbing, cutthroat, prestige-whoring, colossal douchebags...together.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Lem37 wrote:
thrillhouse wrote:Alright! All you Columbos! (that's what we decided to go with, right?) School is over (or almost) for everyone. So, it's time to begin getting together and getting a head start on taking the world by storm. So, for those of you in the NY/NJ/CT/Philly area, we have some potential social events. So far there is:

Or, at the very least, we can be hyper-competitive, back-stabbing, cutthroat, prestige-whoring, colossal douchebags...together.
ohhh.. camaraderie.

thrillhouse, I like your ideas.

frank_the_tank

Bronze

Post by frank_the_tank » Mon May 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Great...now all of us non-NYC people are going to be ostracized from the cool kids group.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Mon May 18, 2009 6:16 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:Great...now all of us non-NYC people are going to be ostracized from the cool kids group.
nah, as long as you're on TLS you're clearly a member of the cool kids group.

jmat

New

Post by jmat » Mon May 18, 2009 7:18 pm

Love the ideas, I will be at at least one day of APW, I'm also going to be at the TV On the Radio show at CP this summer. Either way, I think bowling is a really solid first meetup, I'm definitely down. Once we get to know each other I would also suggest a trip the shady, lowrent kareoke/drinking rooms, but I think terrible bowling > horrible singing as a get to know you activity.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jpaul09

New

Post by jpaul09 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:30 pm

Did anyone else notice that Columbia has some kind of deal with Verizon for Blackberry plans? http://www.law.columbia.edu/law_school/info_tech/PDA Just wondering if anyone else was thinking about contacting the rep to see pricing, etc.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Mon May 18, 2009 7:36 pm

jpaul09 wrote:Did anyone else notice that Columbia has some kind of deal with Verizon for Blackberry plans? http://www.law.columbia.edu/law_school/info_tech/PDA Just wondering if anyone else was thinking about contacting the rep to see pricing, etc.
Let me know if you do. I bailed on Verizon a few years ago, but my ATT contract is up and I've been debating getting a Blackberry from them. If Verizon is cheaper, I may be tempted to switch back...

jpaul09

New

Post by jpaul09 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Will do.

thrillhouse

Bronze

Post by thrillhouse » Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Lem37 wrote:

Every time I read one of your posts I start singing that White Stripes song. "We're gonna be friends." I can just tell...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Mon May 18, 2009 10:46 pm

whyamidoingthis wrote:
jpaul09 wrote:Did anyone else notice that Columbia has some kind of deal with Verizon for Blackberry plans? http://www.law.columbia.edu/law_school/info_tech/PDA Just wondering if anyone else was thinking about contacting the rep to see pricing, etc.
Let me know if you do. I bailed on Verizon a few years ago, but my ATT contract is up and I've been debating getting a Blackberry from them. If Verizon is cheaper, I may be tempted to switch back...
The two blackberries they have listed on the site are shit, though. I wonder if those are the only ones with a special deal?

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Tue May 19, 2009 12:03 am

lex talionis wrote:
whyamidoingthis wrote:
The two blackberries they have listed on the site are shit, though. I wonder if those are the only ones with a special deal?
Ok yea, I'm remembering now that I looked at that and wasn't impressed by what was up there. If anyone finds out if that applies to better phones (or that they have a deal with AT&T), do share with the class 8)

thrillhouse

Bronze

Post by thrillhouse » Tue May 19, 2009 12:09 pm

Is anyone considering commuting in? I am going to get a place in Jersey City (or maybe just stay where I am). Anyway, if anyone is interested in saving some money by living in JC, let me know.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Tue May 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Oh no someone linked this thread to the fb group...
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3 ... topic=8682
:?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Tue May 19, 2009 6:01 pm

lex talionis wrote:Oh no someone linked this thread to the fb group...
where is the link, I'm not wild about that...

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Tue May 19, 2009 6:03 pm

whyamidoingthis wrote:
lex talionis wrote:Oh no someone linked this thread to the fb group...
where is the link, I'm not wild about that...
It's the latest post in the 'Summer Plans' discussion thread in the group.

Silver

Post by 06132010 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:00 pm

awkward.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Tue May 19, 2009 11:08 pm

In case anyone else was wondering,
Chase ATMs
vs. Citi ATMs

Seriously? What are you waiting for?