Columbia Law School 2012! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
jfab202

New

Re: Columbia Law School 2012!

Post by jfab202 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:24 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
Negative Nancy.
haha, i'm just sayin'.

HugerThanSoup

Bronze

Post by HugerThanSoup » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:47 pm

I, also, received the approval e-mail, followed soon by an offer. 3br on W. 114th. Woot.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:59 pm

A) The housing website seems to be down.

B) They're mocking our tuition in the Fordham 2012 thread. I want to mock their goddamn school.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:10 pm

lex talionis wrote:A) The housing website seems to be down.

B) They're mocking our tuition in the Fordham 2012 thread. I want to mock their goddamn school.
I thought their COA was only like 1500 less than ours? Aren't they like 10x less likely to get a good job? Who cares?

I edited the numbers for less sarcasm, remembering the personalities of some board readers................

the housing website just worked for me, but it didn't tell me anything new :roll:

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:25 pm

Honestly, I would consider paying the 1.5k extra a year for Columbia, if given the choice. I probably would decide against it, but I would briefly consider it.

:lol:

::runs back to the Fordham thread::
Last edited by Bankhead on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:26 pm

A) The main site seems to be down, but I can still log onto the Housing Status Check at --LinkRemoved--. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me anything I don't already know.

B) I can see someone at a rural, public school mocking our total cost of attendance, but Fordham? Huh?

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Antipodean wrote:

A) The main site seems to be down, but I can still log onto the Housing Status Check at --LinkRemoved--. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me anything I don't already know.

B) I can see someone at a rural, public school mocking our total cost of attendance, but Fordham? Huh?
No one is truly mocking your tuition. No one on that thread would turn down Columbia. In fact, 95% (everyone except OperaSoprano) would transfer in to Columbia if given the chance.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:36 pm

nitsudrx wrote:
Antipodean wrote:

No one is truly mocking your tuition. No one on that thread would turn down Columbia. In fact, 95% (everyone except OperaSoprano) would transfer in to Columbia if given the chance.
I would hope that other 5% constitute the top 5% of your class.

And FWIW, tuition is really like $1000-$2000 less than that, because mandatory health insurance is included in tuition/fees.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Antipodean wrote:

Ahh thanks for that... too bad I gots nothing. I hope housing applications don't work like law school applications, where you file moves back to the bottom of the pile every time you amend it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ciccero

New

Post by ciccero » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:48 pm

I just received my assignment, 528 Riverside Drive. I'm a 15 minute walk away from the law school, but that's what happens when you put price as your priority. It's a two bedroom share and I'll be sharing it with a PhD student in Biomedical Engineering. Woot.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:23 pm

No one is mocking your tuition, Lex. We were shocked, because we thought ours was awful. Columbia would be a great investment at almost any price. As for mocking Fordham... haven't you already done enough of that?

Seriously, though. No one with half a brain would argue that Columbia is not the better school. We aren't even rivals. My classmate is right, however. It is presumptuous folly to go into any school with the intent to transfer up. If I somehow beat the odds and wind up in the top 5%, I will reevaluate my choices, but at present I expect to stay at Fordham. Given my own background, I never imagined I would make it this far, and I am very happy.

It's silly for us to argue over this, though. If I have said anything offensive, I apologize. We share the same frustration over our respective tuition hikes, and I'm pretty sure ours doesn't include health insurance.

SleekFire

Bronze

Post by SleekFire » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Low 600s... and 116th street!

Anybody know the area? I think its right on the opposite side of the university! WhooHoo!
Last edited by SleekFire on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoodlesHighChief

New

Post by NoodlesHighChief » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:34 pm

Michael Clayton went to Fordham Law.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

joshikousei

Bronze

Post by joshikousei » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Last edited by joshikousei on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antipodean

Bronze

Post by Antipodean » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:45 pm

It seems like everyone who's received housing offers so far is living in general UAH housing (ie, not "law student only" buildings). I wonder if that means I've been assigned to Lionsgate? (I asked for either a cheap Lionsgate share or a UAH share between 112th and 120th).
joshikousei wrote:
NoodlesHighChief wrote:Michael Clayton went to Fordham Law.
and he was a total badass.
Credited.

silenziatori

Silver

Post by silenziatori » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Stringer...

P.S. Columbia is awesome and I hope I get in off the wait list.

SleekFire

Bronze

Post by SleekFire » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:14 pm

silenziatori wrote:
Stringer...

P.S. Columbia is awesome and I hope I get in off the wait list.

Good luck with that, hope you get in to -but Fordham is great!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Antipodean wrote:
joshikousei wrote:
and he was a total badass.
Credited.
Is this an Erin Brokovich or Mr. Tumnus situation?

Edit: nvm, Mr. Tumnus.

imchuckbass58

Silver

Post by imchuckbass58 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:26 pm

ciccero wrote:I just received my assignment, 528 Riverside Drive. I'm a 15 minute walk away from the law school, but that's what happens when you put price as your priority. It's a two bedroom share and I'll be sharing it with a PhD student in Biomedical Engineering. Woot.
Riverside is actually a potentially great place to live. Not sure if you will have an outward-facing apartment, but some buildings have stunning views of the Hudson and New Jersey.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:40 pm

imchuckbass58 wrote:
ciccero wrote:I just received my assignment, 528 Riverside Drive. I'm a 15 minute walk away from the law school, but that's what happens when you put price as your priority. It's a two bedroom share and I'll be sharing it with a PhD student in Biomedical Engineering. Woot.
Riverside is actually a potentially great place to live. Not sure if you will have an outward-facing apartment, but some buildings have stunning views of the Hudson and New Jersey.
Riverside is beautiful. I'm quite jealous, is it expensive?

Marko Ramius

New

Post by Marko Ramius » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:42 pm

whyamidoingthis wrote:
imchuckbass58 wrote:
Harlem is actually a potentially great place to live. Not sure if you will have an outward-facing apartment, but some buildings have stunning views of the dumpsters and shantytowns.
Harlem is beautiful. I'm quite jealous, is it expensive?
Fixed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Bronze

Post by MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:55 pm

SleekFire wrote:Low 600s... and 116th street!

Anybody know the area? I think its right on the opposite side of the university! WhooHoo!
Great location. The 600-block of 116th is between Riverside and Broadway. In other words, your apartment will be within two blocks of the law school. You'll walk through the gorgeous main campus on the way to class.

Brother Mouzone and Stringer, I love your 'tars. Great show.

Bankhead

Silver

Post by Bankhead » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:58 pm

You guys are just pissed because Fordham yieldprotectpwned your asses. Should have slacked off more on that LSAT prep.

Suckers.

Marko Ramius

New

Post by Marko Ramius » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:59 pm

nitsudrx wrote:You guys are just pissed because Fordham yieldprotectpwned your asses. Should have sucked off more ponies.

Suckers.
Fixed.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Marko Ramius wrote:
whyamidoingthis wrote:
imchuckbass58 wrote:
Harlem is actually a potentially great place to live. Not sure if you will have an outward-facing apartment, but some buildings have stunning views of the dumpsters and shantytowns.
Harlem is beautiful. I'm quite jealous, is it expensive?
Fixed.
I like the river and I stayed in an apt on riverside during ASW that was gorgeous. Get over it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”