Harvard Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
Objection
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby Objection » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:04 am

Anyone know when they'll update the housing information for the upcoming 2009/2010 term?

Curious to see if any spots are open in the on-campus apartments and/or how big of a group they're looking to fill the spots...

User avatar
Objection
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby Objection » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:01 am

--LinkRemoved--

Anyone know anything about this "Hotel Tria" (#7)?

Looks kind of far on the map, but it's hard to beat $105/night and the site says it's only 1.4 miles from the law school (closer than the Le Meridien)...

User avatar
PinkTiki
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:15 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby PinkTiki » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:26 am

Objection wrote:http://snipurl.com/a9rw6

Anyone know anything about this "Hotel Tria" (#7)?

Looks kind of far on the map, but it's hard to beat $105/night and the site says it's only 1.4 miles from the law school (closer than the Le Meridien)...


I stayed there when I was looking for apartments. It is a Best Western - a decent hotel but kind of far away from everything.

User avatar
totalidiot
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:59 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby totalidiot » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:03 pm

I'll be attending the April ASW...going to begin the hotel search sometime in the near future.

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby zabagabe » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Am also hoping to attend the March ASW as the April one conflicts with Stanford's, plus I want to see Cambridge during a more representative period weather-wise (and I'm impatient - I want to visit NOW!). ;)

Obj, do you think we need to start worrying about housing now? I'm not even close to knowing where I'll be going, and probably won't until Financial Aid offers come back in March-April...do you think we'd be at a disadvantage waiting until then to start looking? Yipes!!

User avatar
Objection
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby Objection » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:52 pm

zabagabe wrote:Am also hoping to attend the March ASW as the April one conflicts with Stanford's, plus I want to see Cambridge during a more representative period weather-wise (and I'm impatient - I want to visit NOW!). ;)

Obj, do you think we need to start worrying about housing now? I'm not even close to knowing where I'll be going, and probably won't until Financial Aid offers come back in March-April...do you think we'd be at a disadvantage waiting until then to start looking? Yipes!!



I don't mean to start the housing worrying now. I just want to see what they're looking for for the on-campus houses/apartments (1637 Mass, Mellen, Baker). For example, last year they wanted a group of 7 to occupy Baker (or a group of 3 and a group of 4) and a group of 3 to occupy Mellen.

It'd be nice to know how many (if any) they're looking for for 2009-2010.

User avatar
pinkflamingo
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby pinkflamingo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:07 am

This op-ed in the NY Times caught my eye today. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/18/opini ... odayspaper

Here's the beginning:

"I don't know how Barack Obama reacted when he received his acceptance letter from Harvard Law School. When I got mine, I dashed around the room high-fiving everyone and everything in sight — including a large brass chandelier, whose bottom half I knocked clean off."

skeletor
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby skeletor » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:24 am

I'll be at the March ASW, but I haven't figured out where I'll be staying. I'll have to be getting up early to run, so if anybody has any suggestions for lodgings that are handy for heading out in the morning, I'm all ears. Also, it'd be nice if TLS people would post here to say where they're at - it'd be sweet to meet up and check out Cambridge together post ASW activities for the day.

Also, as for housing - I haven't given it any thought. I'll probably get to it once I'm done with FAFSA and the schools' financial aid applications.

User avatar
excitedutterance
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby excitedutterance » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 am

Registered for March ASW too, since it coincides with my spring break and I'm fairly sure I'm going to HLS anyway (for many reasons, not the least of which being that I'm impatient and Yale is slow). I'm still not sure whether my boyfriend is coming with me for the weekend (since we're both moving to Cambridge, it seems to me that he should. but what do I know?), so I haven't booked a hotel yet. Or a flight. I should get on those, though.

Anyone flying from the west coast, especially LAX, find any good flights?

User avatar
Objection
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby Objection » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:07 am

We should definitely have a TLS meetup in Cambridge.

It'd be nice if we could coalesce around one particular hotel, but I understand that might not be reasonable.

User avatar
zabagabe
Posts: 340
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby zabagabe » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:50 am

Hmm... maybe I'm too stupid to go to HLS - how does one register for the ASW? The link on the admitted students website doesn't appear to actually be a link, and I can't find anything anywhere else...?

I think I'll probably be staying with a friend who's at KSG, but definitely up for meeting up, as long as everyone promises the conversation will not turn to speculation on USNWR rankings!!

User avatar
pinkflamingo
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:45 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby pinkflamingo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:10 pm

zabagabe wrote:Hmm... maybe I'm too stupid to go to HLS - how does one register for the ASW? The link on the admitted students website doesn't appear to actually be a link, and I can't find anything anywhere else...?


Same here. That mysterious, invisible link next to the "Register to Attend An Admitted Applicant Program" seems to have disappeared. Perhaps Harvard is trying to tell me something?

I'd definitely be up for a March ASW meet up as well. Although, I haven't even looked up hotels or flights yet.

Krswmact
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby Krswmact » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:26 pm

im staying at a the marriott cambridge. with AAA it is only like 120 a night, it is right near a T line, and only 2 miles from the law school. plus it looks realllyyyyy nice. I figure I'll walk/taxi/t it to the law school in order to save $$$

User avatar
Objection
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby Objection » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Krswmact wrote:im staying at a the marriott cambridge. with AAA it is only like 120 a night, it is right near a T line, and only 2 miles from the law school. plus it looks realllyyyyy nice. I figure I'll walk/taxi/t it to the law school in order to save $$$


Marriot Cambridge is definitely a consideration. Has anyone stayed there before?

User avatar
iagolives
Posts: 687
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby iagolives » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:25 pm

pinkflamingo wrote:
zabagabe wrote:Hmm... maybe I'm too stupid to go to HLS - how does one register for the ASW? The link on the admitted students website doesn't appear to actually be a link, and I can't find anything anywhere else...?


Same here. That mysterious, invisible link next to the "Register to Attend An Admitted Applicant Program" seems to have disappeared. Perhaps Harvard is trying to tell me something?

I'd definitely be up for a March ASW meet up as well. Although, I haven't even looked up hotels or flights yet.


Yeah, pink, I can't find the link either. I keep thinking "maybe this is the SUPER secret admissions screen; those who can register are the only ones ACTUALLY allowed in..." ;)

Seriously though, if anyone's able to register, let me know. I feel so behind with everyone already drawing up lists of prospective hotels.... :shock:

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby mallard » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Hey guys! Am I fashionably late?

User avatar
Objection
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby Objection » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:32 pm

mallard wrote:Hey guys! Am I fashionably late?


Yes! Where are you staying, big boy?

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby mallard » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Objection wrote:
mallard wrote:Hey guys! Am I fashionably late?


Yes! Where are you staying, big boy?


I'm waiting till I've stopped freaking out to make those decisions. W00t!

User avatar
teaadntoast
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby teaadntoast » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Congrats mallard!

User avatar
Objection
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 am

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby Objection » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:39 pm

mallard wrote:
Objection wrote:
mallard wrote:Hey guys! Am I fashionably late?


Yes! Where are you staying, big boy?


I'm waiting till I've stopped freaking out to make those decisions. W00t!


Oh you just got accepted? :shock: :shock:

Congratulations!

User avatar
bgc
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby bgc » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Hotwire usually has good rates in cambridge, if you don't mind being a little farther from the LS.

ccw1234
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby ccw1234 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:47 pm

. . .
Last edited by ccw1234 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iagolives
Posts: 687
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby iagolives » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Congrats mallard!

User avatar
excitedutterance
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby excitedutterance » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:06 pm

congrats mallard :]

User avatar
joschmo
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby joschmo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Way to go Mallard, thats awesome!




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest