Harvard Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
abenn07

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby abenn07 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am

Has anyone else been unable to log in to the admitted students area of the website today? As soon as I enter my user name and password in the dialogue box and click OK, the same box comes up again. (And if you hit cancel and then click on the link to contact the webmaster, it says "no address given.") This is happening in both Firefox and Explorer.

Is it just me?

mightyaphrodite

Postby mightyaphrodite » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:07 pm

It's not just you. The site is down.

abenn07

Postby abenn07 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Thanks, mightyaphrodite!

prelaw

Postby prelaw » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:07 am

Can I just send an immunization form that is officially signed and stamped by university health services or do I have to get a physician to sign off on the exact same info using their form? What about the rest of those forms? Did anyone fax this stuff?

Objection

Postby Objection » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:50 am

I don't know if you need it signed, but I had mine faxed from ug so you don't need the physician to send it in.

3moreyears

Postby 3moreyears » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:31 am

3moreyears wrote:
Krswmact wrote:
macs are fine. they just have to meet these specs

http://www.law.harvard.edu/about/admini ... specs.html

Do you guys think these specs are serious? I have a Mac that is four years old and works fine, but doesn't meet any of the specs listed on the website.

I don't think a 2 Ghz processor is necessary for anything law school related. (The specs they give look more like Starcraft 2 system requirements than law school system requirements.)

Krswmact wrote:i would just ask IT about your old mac, just to make sure that the testing software is compatible with the operating system. Before I bought my computer in Dec I checked the websites of all of the schools I was considering and some were very specific about the version of the operating system.

Thanks. I didn't think that it was that big of a deal, but I will give IT a call to confirm. Wouldn't want the exam software to crash my computer or anything.

niliev

Postby niliev » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:26 am

Hey guys..been lurking around for a while checking the thread daily. I was wondering are there any international students that have gotten their visa already? If that's the case could you please send me a personal message so I can ask you something.

Thanks in advance.

iagolives

Postby iagolives » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:12 pm

Do we know when we're getting our mailing addresses? I kind of need mine for forms and stuff and I don't want to hold off too long filling them out.

yagrish

Postby yagrish » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:24 pm

I just got a housing assignment last week, but I was told that mailing address assignments will be made "in a week or so" and that they'll be included in the move-in information that will come out later this month.

laurathenerd

Postby laurathenerd » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 am

So yesterday Harvard emailed me that they had (finally!) received my college certification - I had it sent a month ago, but I guess it takes a long time to get mail from Utah :) Then today, right after they confirmed they had received my transcript, they said they hadn't received my college certification. I checked back with them, and it was a mistake. At least it wasn't a rescinding my offer of admissions email or something...sometimes I still have a minute of panic when I see I have an email from Harvard :)

iagolives

Postby iagolives » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:09 pm

laurathenerd wrote:So yesterday Harvard emailed me that they had (finally!) received my college certification - I had it sent a month ago, but I guess it takes a long time to get mail from Utah :) Then today, right after they confirmed they had received my transcript, they said they hadn't received my college certification. I checked back with them, and it was a mistake. At least it wasn't a rescinding my offer of admissions email or something...sometimes I still have a minute of panic when I see I have an email from Harvard :)

Lol, I still have this nightmare, laura. I'm glad you still will be joining us, though! ;)

Speaking of which, when we get the orientation schedule, we need to figure out an evening where all of us HLS TLSers can meet up and hang out a bit. I'm not talking about anything on the scale of the now-legendary meet-ups, but just a chance to meet everyone IRL and maybe grab a drink or two. Who's with me?

Objection

Postby Objection » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:43 pm

iagolives wrote:
laurathenerd wrote:So yesterday Harvard emailed me that they had (finally!) received my college certification - I had it sent a month ago, but I guess it takes a long time to get mail from Utah :) Then today, right after they confirmed they had received my transcript, they said they hadn't received my college certification. I checked back with them, and it was a mistake. At least it wasn't a rescinding my offer of admissions email or something...sometimes I still have a minute of panic when I see I have an email from Harvard :)

Lol, I still have this nightmare, laura. I'm glad you still will be joining us, though! ;)

Speaking of which, when we get the orientation schedule, we need to figure out an evening where all of us HLS TLSers can meet up and hang out a bit. I'm not talking about anything on the scale of the now-legendary meet-ups, but just a chance to meet everyone IRL and maybe grab a drink or two. Who's with me?

Definitely.

And we have the orientation schedule already, at least generally.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/stud ... ientation/

It should be pretty identical to 2008's.

I can't wait for section assignments.

iagolives

Postby iagolives » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Objection wrote:
iagolives wrote:

Definitely.

And we have the orientation schedule already, at least generally.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/stud ... ientation/

It should be pretty identical to 2008's.

I can't wait for section assignments.

They are having DUCK TOURS! I've wanted to do this for years. I am so in if they do it this year!

conn09

Postby conn09 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Can anyone comment on how the gym looks? Specifically the free weights section?

pinkflamingo

Postby pinkflamingo » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:28 pm

conn09 wrote:Can anyone comment on how the gym looks? Specifically the free weights section?

i haven't been in there, but here's a decent description of the gym itself: --LinkRemoved--

"Twice the amount of cardiovascular and weight equipment as was previously housed by Hemenway now fills its rooms. Much of it is new, and most of it includes the latest technology."

joshikousei

Postby joshikousei » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:41 pm

Last edited by joshikousei on Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

conn09

Postby conn09 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:21 pm

pinkflamingo wrote:
conn09 wrote:Can anyone comment on how the gym looks? Specifically the free weights section?

i haven't been in there, but here's a decent description of the gym itself: --LinkRemoved--

"Twice the amount of cardiovascular and weight equipment as was previously housed by Hemenway now fills its rooms. Much of it is new, and most of it includes the latest technology."

As long as it has bench, incline and decline I'm set.

conn09

Postby conn09 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:22 pm

I asked this like 20 pages back. Is there anyone else in North Hall? And is anyone else going to get a locker?

Objection

Postby Objection » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm

I applied for a locker. Not in North.

Anyone know of racquetball courts close to campus?

Oh, and:

Dear HLS,

I would really like my section assignment.

Love,
Objection

laurathenerd

Postby laurathenerd » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:56 pm

conn09 wrote:I asked this like 20 pages back. Is there anyone else in North Hall? And is anyone else going to get a locker?

I just barely applied for a locker today - I didn't know you had to, and I was just messing around on the website when I saw we had to sign up. Hopefully I get one, because I'm kind of living in Somerville...and I'd like to be able to keep some supplies (like some nice clothes in case I bike or something) at school :D

iagolives

Postby iagolives » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:10 pm

conn09 wrote:I asked this like 20 pages back. Is there anyone else in North Hall? And is anyone else going to get a locker?

I read on the HLS website that people in Gropius cannot sign up for lockers. However, I don't know if this applies to North. I kind of wish I could get a locker though I don't know why, haha.

iagolives

Postby iagolives » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Objection wrote:Dear HLS,

I would really like my section assignment.

Love,
Objection

PS: Don't let his sweetness blind you. This kid will bust out an angry rhyme if he doesn't get his way soon. FYI.

conn09

Postby conn09 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:18 pm

iagolives wrote:

I read on the HLS website that people in Gropius cannot sign up for lockers. However, I don't know if this applies to North. I kind of wish I could get a locker though I don't know why, haha.

No one on campus can w/ the exception of North because we're so isolated, and that 2 block walk is probably gonna be a pain in the ass come Winter.

yagrish

Postby yagrish » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:31 pm

anybody else living on Wendell St.?

conn09

Postby conn09 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Is anyone going to buy the special edition Harvard Lenovo notebook?

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”