Harvard Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
FrenchiePatootie

Bronze

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Postby FrenchiePatootie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:20 pm

I just got my finaid award!!!

OMG totally surpassed my expectations, i'm really excited, sending my check!

btw do they have to have your deposit for you to get your window? I haven't gotten my email yet!

Hoopster

New

Postby Hoopster » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:53 pm

Congratulations to all who have recently decided to attend Harvard! I'm sorry I won't be joining you guys but I wish you all the best of luck doing great stuff at your amazing school.

ronniea116

New

Postby ronniea116 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:02 pm

If you (like me) got a relatively unattractive HRES apartment window but are still interested in living right near campus, shoot me a message. I'm living in Cambridge now and looking for a roommate next year to share a 2bed/2bath apartment about 90 seconds from Pound Hall.

Thanks,

Ronnie
ranguas@jd12

Krswmact

New

Postby Krswmact » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:03 pm

I believe you would have just had to fill out the HRES application process to get a window

also i got window 7.....hope my luck is better for the dorm lottery since that is where I am hoping to live!

sluggo

Bronze

Postby sluggo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:31 pm

To anyone even thinking about complaining that you "only" got X dollars in grants from HLS...

Just be glad you haven't been a frugal penny pincher since you were about 8 years old. It tends to screw you when it comes to "need" based aid.

I should have bought nicer clothes when I was in high school :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FrenchiePatootie

Bronze

Postby FrenchiePatootie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:32 pm

i just found out that they needed my id number so i'm getting the last batch window. sucks. i'll just rent from the currently available and move next year if i have to.

sluggo

Bronze

Postby sluggo » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:33 pm

LOL, window 9.

I hope I run better than this when it comes to actual law school.

mallard

Silver

Postby mallard » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:36 pm

...I missed the "group tool" email. Am I screwed?

iagolives

Silver

Postby iagolives » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:51 pm

These emails today only apply for the HRES stuff, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sluggo

Bronze

Postby sluggo » Fri May 01, 2009 1:52 am

yeah as far as i know

Pumpkin

Bronze

Postby Pumpkin » Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm

sluggo wrote:To anyone even thinking about complaining that you "only" got X dollars in grants from HLS...

Just be glad you haven't been a frugal penny pincher since you were about 8 years old. It tends to screw you when it comes to "need" based aid.

I totally feel you on this. not that i have tons and tons of savings but enough that i could have lived a lot better over the past few years. arg!

does anyone know when we are supposed to start the dreaded loan process? now?

iagolives

Silver

Postby iagolives » Fri May 01, 2009 1:26 pm

Pumpkin wrote:
sluggo wrote:To anyone even thinking about complaining that you "only" got X dollars in grants from HLS...

I totally feel you on this. not that i have tons and tons of savings but enough that i could have lived a lot better over the past few years. arg!

does anyone know when we are supposed to start the dreaded loan process? now?

I think they said that we will be getting more information in June/early July in the original award email and will start the process then.

joschmo

New

Postby joschmo » Fri May 01, 2009 9:09 pm

Or you shouldve invested your savings in the stock market. Thank you, Transocean Corp.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sluggo

Bronze

Postby sluggo » Sat May 02, 2009 4:39 am

Roulette wouldn't have been a bad idea. I'm sure there are certain applicants (parents with little income/assets) where betting their entire savings on red/black would be +EV. Pretty ridiculous, but kinda interesting too.

sluggo

Bronze

Postby sluggo » Sun May 03, 2009 1:05 am

When are you guys planning to arrive? And also, how much stuff are you planning on trying to bring? I'm thinking about just flying with a couple bags of clothes and buying furniture once i get there.

iagolives

Silver

Postby iagolives » Sun May 03, 2009 1:52 am

sluggo wrote:When are you guys planning to arrive? And also, how much stuff are you planning on trying to bring? I'm thinking about just flying with a couple bags of clothes and buying furniture once i get there.

That's what I was planning too. If going to undergrad counts as anything, I am NEVER shipping all that stuff again. However, especially if I live in the dorms, I am at a loss about when to arrive.

Objection

Silver

Postby Objection » Sun May 03, 2009 3:09 am

I'm hoping to arrive around a week before 1L orientation.

That is if I ever figure out where I am gonna live.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

iagolives

Silver

Postby iagolives » Sun May 03, 2009 11:35 am

I wouldn't worry too much about it, lottery numbers come out this week and, if you hate yours, there are still overpriced apartments to be bought. Maybe its the ready-to-be-done Senior in me talking, but I wouldn't worry. The week thing sounds golden, though. Just enough time to find all the fun night life spots before starting the work part of law school.

3moreyears

New

Postby 3moreyears » Sun May 03, 2009 6:35 pm

I'm pretty sure that you can't move into the dorms until the day before orientation...at least that is what the HLS website says. I was hoping to arrive about a week in advance too, but if I end up living in the dorms, that doesn't look practical if I can only move in the day before orientation.

mallard

Silver

Postby mallard » Sun May 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Will anybody else be having their parents help them move in? I feel a little silly, but they offered and it'll be much easier that way.

Cleareyes

Bronze

Postby Cleareyes » Sun May 03, 2009 6:42 pm

mallard wrote:Will anybody else be having their parents help them move in? I feel a little silly, but they offered and it'll be much easier that way.

My Stepdad will be driving me and my stuff up. I don't see what's silly about it. I think borrowing money to pay professional movers seems like an extravagance and it's a bit of an imposition to ask friends.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SparkyLives

Bronze

Postby SparkyLives » Sun May 03, 2009 11:33 pm

mallard wrote:Will anybody else be having their parents help them move in? I feel a little silly, but they offered and it'll be much easier that way.

Nothing silly about this. If anybody says something I'll pop them in the face for you. :wink:

Krswmact

New

Postby Krswmact » Mon May 04, 2009 12:19 am

I hope to live in the dorms but Im thinking about coming up a few days before dorm move in. Id like a little time before orientation to explore/enjoy.

omg

Bronze

Postby omg » Mon May 04, 2009 12:52 am

Hey!!

I'm a senior at Harvard (heading to UVA next year), and one of my best friends who's also graduating is looking for a roommate (or roommates) for next year. Ideally, she wants to live somewhere in Harvard Square, with Porter and Central being the furthest I think she's interested in. She'll be doing research for an engineering professor on campus next year. Bonus: she's here, so she can probably check out apartments if needed.

If you're interested in rooming with her, send me a PM for more info. In general, though, she's a 22 year old non-smoker, awesome, neat, and very friendly : )

iagolives

Silver

Postby iagolives » Mon May 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Cleareyes wrote:

My Stepdad will be driving me and my stuff up. I don't see what's silly about it. I think borrowing money to pay professional movers seems like an extravagance and it's a bit of an imposition to ask friends.

+1

Besides, my parents would actually be rather hurt if I asked them not to.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum?