Harvard Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
iagolives

Silver

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Post by iagolives » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Hahaha, "Oh, something's going on in NYC? I'm free that afternoon; I'll just have to pop over!"

:roll: to all you east-coasters and your convenient situation to important places and events!

(Just kidding. You all know I love you all. :))

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm

IowaGirl wrote:Hi everyone,

Been following this forum for awhile, but now that the law school secret is out at my job I can finally say hello. Can't wait for the fall.

Also, to answer conn09's (original) question, I'm in North (third floor), and I applied for a locker a couple of days ago. Not sure I'll end up with one, though.
Oh, and hello IowaGirl! Welcome! *waves*

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:10 pm

iagolives wrote:Hahaha, "Oh, something's going on in NYC? I'm free that afternoon; I'll just have to pop over!"

:roll: to all you east-coasters and your convenient situation to important places and events!

If you can afford a flight, I can house you/feed you/bathe you for a few days so your only expense would be the flight...

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:42 pm

jrs12 wrote:perhaps we should keep our sartorial neuroses to the dedicated thread.
:lol:

Sartorial neuroses indeed!

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:43 pm

iagolives wrote:Hahaha, "Oh, something's going on in NYC? I'm free that afternoon; I'll just have to pop over!"

Soon you will join us. ALL TOO SOON! Muahahahahah!

Objection; how have you survived this long without a suit?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:21 pm

excelsiorcaelo wrote: Soon you will join us. ALL TOO SOON! Muahahahahah!
I'm looking forward to it excelsior. It'll be fun to FINALLY meet y'all!

excelsiorcaelo wrote: Objection; how have you survived this long without a suit?
Oh, I've wondered this myself. However, I guess his good looks and boyish charm have managed to get him by thus far without a suit so I shouldn't be so surprised.

(Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong, Obj! ;))

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Objection wrote:

If you can afford a flight, I can house you/feed you/bathe you for a few days so your only expense would be the flight...
Lol, thanks for the offer, bud, but I'm leaving for my annual family pilgrimage to NM the day after so I don't think I can go. Thanks for the offer to bathe me, though. It was quite touching (pardon the pun) :P

conn09

Silver

Post by conn09 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:27 pm

I feel left out because I can't attend.

Capercaillie

New

Post by Capercaillie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:40 pm

conn09 wrote:I feel left out because I can't attend.
oh boy . . .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:51 pm

sok, we'll have our own party, conn, for people not near NYC. I don't know how, but those are just details. ;)

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:13 pm

excelsiorcaelo wrote:

Honestly, I wonder the opposite about you guys: What have y'all been doing that has required a suit?

All I can think of is work, but my jobs have all had uniforms (security officer, for example).

I have never had to wear a suit and tbh, I don't know many people my age who have needed to. I've had to wear a tux, but in that case I just rented one.

conn09

Silver

Post by conn09 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:24 pm

Capercaillie wrote:
oh boy . . .

Are you an alt of somebody I pissed off?

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Objection wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote:

Honestly, I wonder the opposite about you guys: What have y'all been doing that has required a suit?

All I can think of is work, but my jobs have all had uniforms (security officer, for example).

I have never had to wear a suit and tbh, I don't know many people my age who have needed to. I've had to wear a tux, but in that case I just rented one.
Work, interviews, fancy dinners, cocktail parties, school semiformals and other occasions, suit up o'clock...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:37 pm

excelsiorcaelo wrote:
Objection wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote:

Work, interviews, fancy dinners, cocktail parties, school semiformals and other occasions, suit up o'clock...
Guess it's a matter of the crew you run with :D

Not many fancy dinners/cocktail parties down at LSU, at least that I cared to go to.

FrenchiePatootie

Bronze

Post by FrenchiePatootie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:14 pm

I'm excited to get my section!

Also when do you guys get to Cambridge? I'll be there in a couple weeks...definitely update meon our non-NYC meet up? It'd be nice to have at least one buddy at orientation!

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:18 pm

I'll be in Cambridge 8/15ish, and I'm trying to put together a TLS/HLS 1L meetup for around 8/22. Will probably post a thread in the lounge some time this weekend.

Starbuck101

New

Post by Starbuck101 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 am

Hi guys!

I've been a long time lurker, first time poster. Milestone! I am getting pretty excited about this fall, especially after reading your enthusiastic posts. :D

I found something recently and I have no idea if this has been posted before, but I'd figured a link wouldn't hurt just in case. These are pictures of a room in the Gropius Complex. It looks incredibly small considering the one in the pics is 10 by 12 and most of the rooms (including mine) are 8 by 10, but I can't complain with the price.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=harvard ... searched=1

By the way, I can't wait to meet you guys!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 am

Starbuck101 wrote:Hi guys!

I've been a long time lurker, first time poster. Milestone! I am getting pretty excited about this fall, especially after reading your enthusiastic posts. :D

I found something recently and I have no idea if this has been posted before, but I'd figured a link wouldn't hurt just in case. These are pictures of a room in the Gropius Complex. It looks incredibly small considering the one in the pics is 10 by 12 and most of the rooms (including mine) are 8 by 10, but I can't complain with the price.

Welcome! Great to have ya! :)

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:26 am

Starbuck101 wrote:Hi guys!

I second Obj by sending my welcome too. I'm excited to meet you and everyone on this board. It should be great! (Well, until classes start... :))

Also, thanks for the Gropius pics. Yeah, I'm petrified about living in a dorm cell again but, hey, we'll all get through it together, yeah? What building are you living in?

Starbuck101

New

Post by Starbuck101 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:36 am

Thank you for the warm welcome. :D

I'm in Shaw third floor and I am so grateful for my little shoe box, since I had to pick from the last few rooms available. It's going to be cozy at least right? If you want to spot me during move in, just look for the girl cleaning her room like crazy the second she gets in. And I have to say that I am not a clean freak, but dorms... hmmm.

Objection and iagolives, you two are the most prolific writers on this thread (and TLS for that matter), and you make me laugh. Genuinely excited about meeting everyone because of you two.

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:41 am

Starbuck101 wrote: Objection and iagolives, you two are the most prolific writers on this thread (and TLS for that matter), and you make me laugh. Genuinely excited about meeting everyone because of you two.
Knowing Obj as I do, I feel like I can speak for him too by saying that, on this thread as well as IRL, flattery will get you everywhere. :D

BTW, I'll be in Dane. That makes us kind of neighbors!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

IowaGirl

New

Post by IowaGirl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:55 am

Welcome, Starbuck101, from another longtime lurker, recent first-time poster!

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:04 pm

IowaGirl wrote:Welcome, Starbuck101, from another longtime lurker, recent first-time poster!
Not to be regionally insensitive, but do you have any poignant thoughts on corn? :wink:

IowaGirl

New

Post by IowaGirl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Haha, you'd be surprised how often I get that very question (especially now that I live outside Iowa). While I grew up in the city (or at least what passes for a city in Iowa), I do have relatives that grow it. And I can say I'm definitely pro-corn. :)

However, it does make for some extremely boring scenery when you're driving though the state.

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:35 pm

IowaGirl wrote:Haha, you'd be surprised how often I get that very question (especially now that I live outside Iowa). While I grew up in the city (or at least what passes for a city in Iowa), I do have relatives that grow it. And I can say I'm definitely pro-corn. :)

However, it does make for some extremely boring scenery when you're driving though the state.
Fuckin' pro-corn bastards, thinking they can send someone to my side of the country! I tell you, we don't take kindly to you pro-corn types around here!

:P

I'm in Ames, by the way, so I'm sure I'll be seeing you around.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”