Harvard Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
laurathenerd

New

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Post by laurathenerd » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:32 pm

excelsiorcaelo wrote:
The sad thing is, Brigham Young was my second guess, but I wasn't positive about whether they enforced a Mormon ethic on campus.

BJU stands for Bob Jones University. BJ is also an abbreviation of the term "blow job," which refers to fellatio (i.e., oral sex performed on a male). There is nothing bad about blow jobs, but Bob Jones University is a twisted mockery of an educational institution, so I apologize if I have brought you undue discomfort by mentioning it.

You're not doing a mission, then?
Haha, thanks for informing me, Bob Jones sounds horrifying! I don't have to go on a mission because I'm a girl (well, and I guess boys don't HAVE to go, but whatev), and the whole mission thing isn't really up my alley :)

Joan Manuel Serrat

New

Post by Joan Manuel Serrat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:48 pm

laurathenerd wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote:
The sad thing is, Brigham Young was my second guess, but I wasn't positive about whether they enforced a Mormon ethic on campus.

BJU stands for Bob Jones University. BJ is also an abbreviation of the term "blow job," which refers to fellatio (i.e., oral sex performed on a male). There is nothing bad about blow jobs, but Bob Jones University is a twisted mockery of an educational institution, so I apologize if I have brought you undue discomfort by mentioning it.

Haha, thanks for informing me, Bob Jones sounds horrifying! I don't have to go on a mission because I'm a girl (well, and I guess boys don't HAVE to go, but whatev), and the whole mission thing isn't really up my alley :)
oh my goodness. :wink:
Last edited by Joan Manuel Serrat on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smushon

New

Post by smushon » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Totally uncalled for. Show some class guys. :(

Joan Manuel Serrat

New

Post by Joan Manuel Serrat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:18 pm

smushon wrote:Totally uncalled for. Show some class guys. :(
i am so sorry. you are correct. i make change.

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:51 pm

laurathenerd wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote:

I'm not much of a fan of the mission concept, myself, but I suppose that's neither here nor there. Are you not a particularly observant Mormon? I'm sorry for being curious, but I encounter Mormons only very rarely. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:56 pm

Do Mormons really believe they'll get their own planet if they behave?

Serious question.

Joan Manuel Serrat

New

Post by Joan Manuel Serrat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:05 pm

i hear the mormon venerate a gold plate like Hindu do the cow. is this correct?

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:25 pm

C'mon everyone, play nice. Let's not have this thread end up belonging in the Lounge...

Oh, from one nerd to another, welcome Laura! ;)

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:10 pm

I wasn't trying to be rude.

I've only known 2 Mormons. One I disliked because he thought he lived with us and was ALWAYS IN THE APARTMENT (even without invite), and the other...well I'd feel less comfortable asking her.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Joan Manuel Serrat

New

Post by Joan Manuel Serrat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:11 pm

i was not try to rude either, i just want to see if true about gold plate or just stereotype like all the hebrew are cheap, but like to pay top dollar for good hotdog type of thing. i am so very very sorry.

laurathenerd

New

Post by laurathenerd » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Objection wrote:Do Mormons really believe they'll get their own planet if they behave?

Serious question.
Not exactly, but kind of. It's rather complicated, and in order to understand it all you would have to start with all the basic Mormon doctrines and work your way up, and I'm assuming you don't really care that much :) Is that elusive enough? haha.
Joan Manuel Serrat wrote:i hear the mormon venerate a gold plate like Hindu do the cow. is this correct?
No.

Anyway, moving on to HARVARD...

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:03 pm

laurathenerd wrote:
Objection wrote:Do Mormons really believe they'll get their own planet if they behave?

Serious question.
Not exactly, but kind of. It's rather complicated, and in order to understand it all you would have to start with all the basic Mormon doctrines and work your way up, and I'm assuming you don't really care that much :) Is that elusive enough? haha.
Joan Manuel Serrat wrote:i hear the mormon venerate a gold plate like Hindu do the cow. is this correct?
No.

Anyway, moving on to HARVARD...
Pfft. Way less interesting! :P

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:12 pm

SO, in other news, did anyone know about this?

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/

My one question is how do people outside of HLS read your blog if you use this?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CCA08

New

Post by CCA08 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:20 pm

CCA08 wrote:I've been looking at Stafford loans lately. If we borrow directly from Harvard then the rate is 6.8% and there is a .5% origination fee. If we borrow from Discover then there are no fees and the rate can be reduced to 6.55% with auto-payments. That being said, is there any reason to still borrow directly from Harvard?
bump

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:41 pm

How do we borrow from discover instead of Harvard?

Krswmact

New

Post by Krswmact » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:35 pm

this is what it says on the sfs website about direct loans vs. private lenders for stafford/grad plus etc

http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/sfs/ ... tages.html

FrenchiePatootie

Bronze

Post by FrenchiePatootie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Objection wrote:You don't have to drink to have a good time!
Heck yeah! :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Joan Manuel Serrat

New

Post by Joan Manuel Serrat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:54 pm

FrenchiePatootie wrote:
sex is more fun than drinking...unless you like your sex wet, because then you drink your sex, which makes drinking just as fun as sex.

shep

New

Post by shep » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:33 pm

hlsjd12 wrote:Got the max grant from Harvard.................i love being poor!!! :D
What is the max grant??

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:31 am

FrenchiePatootie wrote:
For the record, Objection does drink, and you should too. :P

HAZMAT

New

Post by HAZMAT » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:31 am

While I have nothing against drinking and sex, can you guys take that discussion to a 'let's party' thread or something similarly sophomoric.
Last edited by HAZMAT on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:03 pm

HAZMAT wrote:While I have nothing against drinking and sex, can you guys take that discussion to a 'let's party' thread or something similarly sophomore ish.
What the hell kind of post is that?

I'm so sorry. Did we waste your precious time so very much by forcing you to click on the link to this thread only to have you realize that there was nothing going on that interested you? Did we trouble you even more by making you write a pretentious and completely unnecessary post that added nothing to the conversation except hot air?

If you wanted to talk about something else, start the conversation like a normal person. If you wanted to talk about loans, I'm sure someone would talk to you about loans. If you wanted to talk about academics, someone would talk to you about academics. If you wanted to talk about how you're a douche, you've got your wish.
Last edited by excelsiorcaelo on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshikousei

Bronze

Post by joshikousei » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 pm

clapclapclap

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:54 pm

joshikousei wrote:clapclapclap
I feel like I might have been a little harsh. I can be a bit cranky before my shower.

Still, I think my point stands. You can't just waltz into a thread and ask everyone to change the topic of conversation--unless it's blatantly off-topic for the forum, like talking about prancing pink ponies in the LSAT Prep area.

This forum is for HLS 2012 students to get to know one another. We can talk about whatever we want. If someone wants to talk about something else, all he has to do is type, "What does everyone think about Topic X?" Snarky comments from an illusory high horse are not required.

AD11

New

Post by AD11 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:10 pm

hmmm... better stay off excelsior's bad side by drinking as much as I can. Speaking of which, do you have to be a frequent poster here to go to this August 22 meet and greet or is every 1L invited?
Last edited by AD11 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”