Harvard Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
IowaGirl

New

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Post by IowaGirl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:39 pm

AZJenna wrote:
Also, it looks like there might be another way to check your section. Click the "Utilities" tab on your HLS e-mail. Then, after you sign in, click "My Information" on the left hand side.

Can anyone tell if the numbers showing up there are the same ones they were seeing earlier?
Yep, all of the information is the same for me.
Nice. That means I'm in Section 4. Hi to all my future section mates!

packergirl13

New

Post by packergirl13 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks for finding that! Section 1 for me. Can another Section 1er tell me what classes that means we have? Haha I'm not sure why I can't figure that out!

IowaGirl

New

Post by IowaGirl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:15 pm

packergirl13 wrote:Thanks for finding that! Section 1 for me. Can another Section 1er tell me what classes that means we have? Haha I'm not sure why I can't figure that out!
You're welcome! Was totally looking for something else and found that instead.

svrs

New

Post by svrs » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Section 7 for me!

Great find!

laurathenerd

New

Post by laurathenerd » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 am

IowaGirl wrote:
AZJenna wrote:
Also, it looks like there might be another way to check your section. Click the "Utilities" tab on your HLS e-mail. Then, after you sign in, click "My Information" on the left hand side.

Can anyone tell if the numbers showing up there are the same ones they were seeing earlier?
Yay IowaGirl! Welcome to the 4s!

iagolives, thanks for the link to the facebook group! Unfortunately I'm going to have to say that there is no way Paul is the THIRD best Beatle. But I could go on and on about this for forever (you're talking to the girl who forced her Beatle-hating friend into a day trip to Liverpool while traveling in the UK). Excelsior, 2nd best can be debated, but only if George is up for 1st. And that's all I have to say about THAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tinman

Bronze

Post by tinman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:13 am

For those of you who have not been spending your summers diligently following the YLS thread, I wanted to post something that Iagolives suggested to the YLS class since I think it's a great idea.
iagolives wrote:Hey Yale people!

Those of you who don’t know, I’m going to be going to HLS next year and I was talking to a few of my future classmates and we thought it might be a neat idea if we could get a forum going (either inside or outside of TLS) where people at YLS and HLS could network, chat, and maybe organize meet-ups IRL every once in a blue moon. I’m interested in government and public service and, especially considering recent history, odds are we will be seeing each other throughout our professional careers so it might not be a bad idea to start now!

However, before we get going any more on this idea, we wanted to see if anyone in New Haven would be interested. I thought this would be a good place to start gauging interest. Any takers?
Some of the YLS people were afraid such a group would seem too elitist, but I'm all for it, especially if iagolives takes the initiative to organize things :wink:

Congrats on getting your section assignments. I spent 6 years at Harvard after college, including 3 where I lived right next to the law school (part of the time in the Gropius dorms that belong to the Faculty of Arts and Science). Harvard is a great place to spend a few years. I hope you all have an amazing time there, and I hope to meet many of you at the events that iagolives organizes.

If you have any questions about life in Cambridge and at Harvard, I'm happy to try to answer them. After all, I spent the better part of my 20s in Cambridge, far longer than most law students ever will.

crazy_zoologist

New

Post by crazy_zoologist » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:36 am

IowaGirl wrote:
AZJenna wrote:

Hiya, IowaGirl! Here is my belated welcome :)

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 am

tinman wrote:For those of you who have not been spending your summers diligently following the YLS thread, I wanted to post something that Iagolives suggested to the YLS class since I think it's a great idea.

Those of you who don’t know, I’m going to be going to HLS next year and I was talking to a few of my future classmates and we thought it might be a neat idea if we could get a forum going (either inside or outside of TLS) where people at YLS and HLS could network, chat, and maybe organize meet-ups IRL every once in a blue moon. I’m interested in government and public service and, especially considering recent history, odds are we will be seeing each other throughout our professional careers so it might not be a bad idea to start now!

However, before we get going any more on this idea, we wanted to see if anyone in New Haven would be interested. I thought this would be a good place to start gauging interest. Any takers?
Some of the YLS people were afraid such a group would seem too elitist, but I'm all for it, especially if iagolives takes the initiative to organize things :wink:

Congrats on getting your section assignments. I spent 6 years at Harvard after college, including 3 where I lived right next to the law school (part of the time in the Gropius dorms that belong to the Faculty of Arts and Science). Harvard is a great place to spend a few years. I hope you all have an amazing time there, and I hope to meet many of you at the events that iagolives organizes.

If you have any questions about life in Cambridge and at Harvard, I'm happy to try to answer them. After all, I spent the better part of my 20s in Cambridge, far longer than most law students ever will.
This sounds like a good idea, but only if we can permanently exclude all those dorks from Stanford. :twisted:

Kidding, of course.

And I'd be more than happy to answer any questions people might have about Yale and New Haven, seeing as I just spent the last four years there as an undergrad. I seriously had to get out of that place, which is why I didn't apply to YLS--big shocker, I know. That said, though I thought 7 years would be a bit much, I really enjoyed my time there.

IowaGirl

New

Post by IowaGirl » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:49 am

excelsiorcaelo wrote:
tinman wrote:For those of you who have not been spending your summers diligently following the YLS thread, I wanted to post something that Iagolives suggested to the YLS class since I think it's a great idea.

This sounds like a good idea, but only if we can permanently exclude all those dorks from Stanford. :twisted:

Kidding, of course.

And I'd be more than happy to answer any questions people might have about Yale and New Haven, seeing as I just spent the last four years there as an undergrad. I seriously had to get out of that place, which is why I didn't apply to YLS--big shocker, I know. That said, though I thought 7 years would be a bit much, I really enjoyed my time there.

I agree. This is a great idea. And it makes a lot of sense seeing as how the two schools relatively close distancewise.

And thanks for all the Section 4 welcomes!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:09 am

excelsiorcaelo wrote:This sounds like a good idea, but only if we can permanently exclude all those dorks from Stanford. :twisted:

Kidding, of course.
Lol, Dorian, though you are kidding, if you are really interested in why I picked just YLS and HLS (for the time being), you can check the YLS 2012 thread where I wrote a (perhaps too strident) defense of my position.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the support, Tinman and also for posting this over here. In my eagerness to ferrett out interest in Connecticut, I forgot about my own backyard, haha.

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:19 am

iagolives wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote:This sounds like a good idea, but only if we can permanently exclude all those dorks from Stanford. :twisted:

Kidding, of course.
Lol, Dorian, though you are kidding, if you are really interested in why I picked just YLS and HLS (for the time being), you can check the YLS 2012 thread where I wrote a (perhaps too strident) defense of my position.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the support, Tinman and also for posting this over here. In my eagerness to ferrett out interest in Connecticut, I forgot about my own backyard, haha.
I don't think Dorian is ever going to catch on. Sorry dude. :P

FrenchiePatootie

Bronze

Post by FrenchiePatootie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 am

I can't find the "join group" link on section 4's facebook ... :(

IowaGirl

New

Post by IowaGirl » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:30 am

FrenchiePatootie wrote:I can't find the "join group" link on section 4's facebook ... :(
It took me a while to figure this out too, but it only shows up if you're a member of the "Harvard" network. Once you add it under "Settings" the "join group" link shows up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:32 am

excelsiorcaelo wrote:
iagolives wrote:

Kidding, of course.

It's alright, I won't be heartbroken if it does. I have a habit of naming people/things as I see fit. Some people find it annoying but, by gum, Genesis gives me the right to name things so I will! ;)

Regardless, I will probably be calling you one or the other at school, FYI. Do you have a strong opinion one way or another?

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:37 am

iagolives wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote:
iagolives wrote:

Kidding, of course.

It's alright, I won't be heartbroken if it does. I have a habit of naming people/things as I see fit. Some people find it annoying but, by gum, Genesis gives me the right to name things so I will! ;)

Regardless, I will probably be calling you one or the other at school, FYI. Do you have a strong opinion one way or another?
Between Dorian and Zefron? Or between those and my actual name?

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:43 am

excelsiorcaelo wrote:
iagolives wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote: I don't think Dorian is ever going to catch on. Sorry dude. :P

Any of them. I figure that, since it is your name, I should at least get your imput, haha.

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:52 am

iagolives wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote:
iagolives wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote: I don't think Dorian is ever going to catch on. Sorry dude. :P

Any of them. I figure that, since it is your name, I should at least get your imput, haha.
I like my actual name, and I'm sure more people will know me by that at Harvard than by my Zef(ron) alias. I don't intend to introduce myself to people as Zeff or Zefron, after all. So it'll probably be pretty much confined to TLSers. At the same time, I don't mind it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

arnulfo

New

Post by arnulfo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:24 pm

hey, all. long-time lurker, first-time poster. i got section 3, which seems pretty lonely so far. i'll see you guys next month.

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:11 pm

arnulfo wrote:hey, all. long-time lurker, first-time poster. i got section 3, which seems pretty lonely so far. i'll see you guys next month.
welcome!

laurathenerd

New

Post by laurathenerd » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Just got the email on the "glitch":

"Dear Students
I wanted to alert you to a bug in the computer system which allowed many of you to view your schedules yesterday. Please note that these schedules are currently being worked on, and not finalized.

I will be sending you an announcement in early August with links to all sorts of necessary information for your fall start up including your schedule and booklists"

Hahaha - so they finally acknowledge it!

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Heads will roll for this! Heads. Will. Roll.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KP429

Bronze

Post by KP429 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:25 pm

laurathenerd wrote:Just got the email on the "glitch":

"Dear Students
I wanted to alert you to a bug in the computer system which allowed many of you to view your schedules yesterday. Please note that these schedules are currently being worked on, and not finalized.

I will be sending you an announcement in early August with links to all sorts of necessary information for your fall start up including your schedule and booklists"

Sigh.. do we need any further confirmation that "they" read these boards... and often...?

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:29 pm

KP429 wrote:Sigh.. do we need any further confirmation that "they" read these boards... and often...?
Obviously not that often if it took them this long to figure out that there was a "bug."

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:43 pm

laurathenerd wrote:Just got the email on the "glitch":

"Dear Students

Right, I doubt they are "final" but I'm sure they are pretty much straightened out. They aren't going to be making too many drastic changes at this point. This strikes me as a "Don't get mad at us if something unforseeable happens" measure more than anythign else. I mean, they are dealing with future lawyers, after all!

lindsaymcd1

New

Post by lindsaymcd1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi Guys

It has been a while since I posted on here but I have still been following the forum. I found my class info using my HLS email and the utilities tab that was mentioned earlier but have no idea how to relate this to a section number.

It says:

Civil Procedure 1
Faculty Leader Meeting 1
Contracts 1
Criminal Law 1
LRW 1B
Leg and Reg 1
Property 1
Property Solving Workshop 1
Problems: Team Meeting Block 1
Torts 1

Can anyone help? This seems like a lot of classes!

Thanks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”