Harvard Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
iagolives

Silver

Re: Harvard Class of 2012

Post by iagolives » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:45 am

Objection wrote:
excelsiorcaelo wrote: That would end in total humiliation on my end. I barely know enough about rap to make sort of witty remarks on an Internet message board.
I will edumacate you in quality rap over the next 3 years.
And this, if nothing else, makes all that tuition money worth it. ;)

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 am

Looks like I'm getting a JD/MC joint degree.

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 am

excelsiorcaelo wrote:Looks like I'm getting a JD/MC joint degree.
You know, I think they give tuition assistance and an expanded computer loan budget to the people in the joint JD/MC program. We really should let Objection know... ;)

On a slightly more serious note, for those of you in dorms, what kind of stuff are y'all getting? I've been racking my brain and all I can think of that I would need is a mini-fridge, a filing cabinet, linens, and towels. I feel like I'm missing something though.

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:32 am

iagolives wrote:
You know, I think they give tuition assistance and an expanded computer loan budget to the people in the joint JD/MC program. We really should let Objection know... ;)

On a slightly more serious note, for those of you in dorms, what kind of stuff are y'all getting? I've been racking my brain and all I can think of that I would need is a mini-fridge, a filing cabinet, linens, and towels. I feel like I'm missing something though.
Filing cabinet? That seems weird. Do we not have built in shelving? Desk drawers?

I already have linens and towels. Mini-fridge is a must. Probably a futon, because I'll have the space. And a stand for my big-ass TV, which will probably be brought up around September 6.

mightyaphrodite

New

Post by mightyaphrodite » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:17 pm

iagolives wrote:
A desk lamp?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

laurathenerd

New

Post by laurathenerd » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:25 pm

mightyaphrodite wrote:
iagolives wrote:
A desk lamp?
You're forgetting the most essential dorm-room item: posters of your favorite rock band/celebrity.

svrs

New

Post by svrs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:07 pm

iagolives wrote:

I'm thinking that a fan is probably a must - does anyone have input on a floor fan vs window fans?

excelsiorcaelo

Bronze

Post by excelsiorcaelo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:22 pm

svrs wrote:
iagolives wrote:

I'm thinking that a fan is probably a must - does anyone have input on a floor fan vs window fans?
Assuming the rooms are not air conditioned, a fan is definitely a must... but you won't get much use out of it except at the beginning and end of the year.

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:26 pm

svrs wrote:
iagolives wrote:

FAN! Thanks. I would have been miserable.

Also, re: the filing cabinet, I have this weird thing that I like being able to keep things under lock and key... :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AZJenna

New

Post by AZJenna » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:01 pm

Filing cabinets/accordion folders of some sort are a definite necessity. I can't keep track of bills, documents, etc. otherwise! Although, I'm probably still stuck in the teacher-mentality of needing to find a way to organize an entire classroom and the lives of 30+ spastic 9-year-olds...

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:49 pm

AZJenna wrote:Filing cabinets/accordion folders of some sort are a definite necessity. I can't keep track of bills, documents, etc. otherwise! Although, I'm probably still stuck in the teacher-mentality of needing to find a way to organize an entire classroom and the lives of 30+ spastic 9-year-olds...
I feel that controlling the life of one law school student is just as chaotic, if not more, than controlling the lives of a cohort of 9-year-olds. ;)

cameltaur

New

Post by cameltaur » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Accepted off the waitlist today, so i'll be joining you guys in the fall! Any advice on finding an apartment? I assume Harvard housing is already totally full. Craigslist I guess? Does the housing office help with off-campus stuff?

Capercaillie

New

Post by Capercaillie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:29 pm

cameltaur wrote:Accepted off the waitlist today, so i'll be joining you guys in the fall! Any advice on finding an apartment? I assume Harvard housing is already totally full. Craigslist I guess? Does the housing office help with off-campus stuff?
Congratulations, cameltoe!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

laurathenerd

New

Post by laurathenerd » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:20 pm

cameltaur wrote:Accepted off the waitlist today, so i'll be joining you guys in the fall! Any advice on finding an apartment? I assume Harvard housing is already totally full. Craigslist I guess? Does the housing office help with off-campus stuff?
I think Harvard housing IS full (and I think there's a waiting list) but you should probably give the housing office a ring anyway. Craigslist will probably be your best bet right now - there are probably some people who have decided last minute not to move to Cambridge or whatever, so I'm sure you can find something there. SUPER congrats on getting off the waitlist! I'm glad to see another one of us get in :)

prodigy2004

New

Post by prodigy2004 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Just received the last minute hailmary of admissions off the wait list!! Super excited..Now I need a place to live!!

cameltaur

New

Post by cameltaur » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:15 pm

Has anybody else looked into playing mens league hockey? Now that i'm coming to Boston and will have a car (which I wasn't going to have in NYC) i'm very interested. The NESHL sounds sweet, and they have regular and 3-on-3 leagues every night for 5 different skill levels. I'm probably just going to sign up as an individual and join a team in B division, but just wondering if anyone else was considering it (for 3-on-3 you need 9 skaters and a goalie which could definitely be rounded up from a 550 person class).

bustedup

New

Post by bustedup » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Cameltaur,
Definitely hit me up with a PM if you want to put a team together. I don't know what "B" class is, but I was a purty good high school hockey player in northern Wisconsin...to toot my own horn :)

Edit: I'm a skater, not a goalie, sorry

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

laurathenerd

New

Post by laurathenerd » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:15 pm

prodigy2004 wrote:Just received the last minute hailmary of admissions off the wait list!! Super excited..Now I need a place to live!!
Congrats, and WELCOME!

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:01 am

Welcome everyone!

IowaGirl

New

Post by IowaGirl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 pm

Congrats and welcome, Cameltaur and Prodigy!

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Have all my furniture bought and ready to be delivered on 8/14. No turning back now!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:56 pm

laurathenerd wrote:
You're forgetting the most essential dorm-room item: posters of the movie "The Paper Chase"
fixed it for ya...

iagolives

Silver

Post by iagolives » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Objection wrote:Have all my furniture bought and ready to be delivered on 8/14. No turning back now!
lol, because of the huge chance of you turning back before this point... (Congrats on the furniture! 7-piece?)

Also, I feel like a spoiled brat on Christmas Eve, but I am REALLY eager to see my schedule, books, and profs. Can you imagine, over in CT, I believe that they don't even know thier schedule until a day or two into orientation. I don't know how they do it!

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:52 pm

iagolives wrote:
Objection wrote:Have all my furniture bought and ready to be delivered on 8/14. No turning back now!
lol, because of the huge chance of you turning back before this point... (Congrats on the furniture! 7-piece?)

Also, I feel like a spoiled brat on Christmas Eve, but I am REALLY eager to see my schedule, books, and profs. Can you imagine, over in CT, I believe that they don't even know thier schedule until a day or two into orientation. I don't know how they do it!

No 7 piece. No need.

Queen bed, chest (which is just a tall dresser), desk, bookshelf...all that's needed is a lamp, filing cabinet, and mattress. Maybe a nightstand. But those things (except for the mattress) are relatively small.

yagrish

New

Post by yagrish » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:14 pm

www.law.harvard.edu wrote: Things NOT to bring to HLS

* Candles, or any type of an open flame
* Cooking Appliances of any kind
* Halogen Lamps
* Hot Plates
* Microfridges/Microwaves
* Space Heaters
* Tapestries
* Toasters/Toaster Oven
which one is not like the others? Is there something I don't get?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”