Berkeley Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
bilbobaggins
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:12 pm

I checked the first option. I'm taking them at their word in terms of matching even if they know I'm coming regardless. We'll see if that's a good idea or not.

iamlife1001
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby iamlife1001 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:21 pm

who else is flying out of jfk?

also I got a decent deal 39$ for a private bed/shared bath at studentuniverse.com

iamlife1001
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby iamlife1001 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
TopCat wrote:
I already feel like a Berkeley troll :mrgreen:. I just want to come back to this thread over and over again. Really happy that I got in.


You're in good company. I officially sent in my acceptance of their offer, and now have to begin the painful task of withdrawing from all other schools. Also, I got my fin aid package from Rutgers (in state + scholarship), and realized that I wouldn't need ANY private loans to go there. Everything was covered. And I'm passing it up. For good reasons, obviously...but STILL. It hurts, just a bit. :D



how did you send in an acceptance of the offer, I am still at the e-mail phase?

User avatar
TopCat
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:41 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby TopCat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:27 pm

iamlife1001 wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
TopCat wrote:
I already feel like a Berkeley troll :mrgreen:. I just want to come back to this thread over and over again. Really happy that I got in.


You're in good company. I officially sent in my acceptance of their offer, and now have to begin the painful task of withdrawing from all other schools. Also, I got my fin aid package from Rutgers (in state + scholarship), and realized that I wouldn't need ANY private loans to go there. Everything was covered. And I'm passing it up. For good reasons, obviously...but STILL. It hurts, just a bit. :D



how did you send in an acceptance of the offer, I am still at the e-mail phase?


iamlife, have you received a packet from Berkeley in the mail? The forms are included in the official acceptance packet they sent a week or so after the initial acceptance email.

Edit: Just sent you a PM about the packet.
Last edited by TopCat on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iamlife1001
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby iamlife1001 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:29 pm

TopCat wrote:
iamlife1001 wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
TopCat wrote:
I already feel like a Berkeley troll :mrgreen:. I just want to come back to this thread over and over again. Really happy that I got in.


You're in good company. I officially sent in my acceptance of their offer, and now have to begin the painful task of withdrawing from all other schools. Also, I got my fin aid package from Rutgers (in state + scholarship), and realized that I wouldn't need ANY private loans to go there. Everything was covered. And I'm passing it up. For good reasons, obviously...but STILL. It hurts, just a bit. :D



how did you send in an acceptance of the offer, I am still at the e-mail phase?


iamlife, have you received a packet from Berkeley in the mail? The forms are included in the official acceptance packet they sent a week or so after the initial acceptance email.


when did you receive it?

law2012
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby law2012 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:52 am

I haven't gotten my packet in the mail either, but I can't wait to see that big white envelope! How long does it take for packets to go out after the acceptance emails?

By the way, is anyone else flying out of RDU?

dank4284
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby dank4284 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:39 am

law2012 wrote:By the way, is anyone else flying out of RDU?


I'm flying out of RDU the morning of 4/1. When are you flying out?

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:30 pm

TopCat wrote:bilbo and Izzies, did you guys check off the first option? I actually checked off the tentative one...just because I want to hear about finaid. Whatever happens, though, I am pretty sure I am heading off to Berzerkely.

Adrian, I am getting in earlier (3:45). I am sure there will be a number of people getting in around 7pm.

btw, Izzies, my SO is flying in from JFK. I can't believe we got a roundtrip nonstop for $232 after taxes and surcharges and all (Virgin America).


I checked off the "will definitely enroll" option. It was my first choice, so there's no question. That's really cheap for JFK! JFK is too much of a pain for me to get to, otherwise I would have flown from there, too.

User avatar
dresq
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby dresq » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:36 pm

law2012 wrote:By the way, is anyone else flying out of RDU?

Flying out on April 2.

Dan1044
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby Dan1044 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Is anyone landing at SF around midnight on thursday night/friday morning?
Last edited by Dan1044 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rotor
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby Rotor » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:50 pm

ORF-CVG-SFO

AM, Apr 1

User avatar
Adrian
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:53 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby Adrian » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:32 pm

For anyone interested, I just saw that there is a facebook group up if anyone wishes to join. lol

User avatar
feeblemiles
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby feeblemiles » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:38 pm

I visited the campus last week and heard tell of a post-ASD party that many of the 1Ls will be putting together. Sounds like a good time, looking forward to meeting you all

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:39 pm

feeblemiles wrote:I visited the campus last week and heard tell of a post-ASD party that many of the 1Ls will be putting together. Sounds like a good time, looking forward to meeting you all


Nice!!! Fri night, hopefully?? lol

TammyG
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby TammyG » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:44 pm

HELP! Is the deadline to RSVP for the ASW today?!?!

I have this sick feeling that something is due today and I'm freaking out! Can't get home to the packet to check :shock:

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:46 pm

TammyG wrote:HELP! Is the deadline to RSVP for the ASW today?!?!

I have this sick feeling that something is due today and I'm freaking out! Can't get home to the packet to check :shock:


I honestly don't remember (and don't have the packet handy), but you could just shoot them an email now and say you want to attend. That way you don't have to wait for snail mail to get it to them past the deadline, if it is today. :D

TammyG
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:45 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby TammyG » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:52 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
TammyG wrote:HELP! Is the deadline to RSVP for the ASW today?!?!

I have this sick feeling that something is due today and I'm freaking out! Can't get home to the packet to check :shock:


I honestly don't remember (and don't have the packet handy), but you could just shoot them an email now and say you want to attend. That way you don't have to wait for snail mail to get it to them past the deadline, if it is today. :D


Thanks. I'll do that.

dank4284
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby dank4284 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:01 pm

TammyG wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
TammyG wrote:HELP! Is the deadline to RSVP for the ASW today?!?!

I have this sick feeling that something is due today and I'm freaking out! Can't get home to the packet to check :shock:


I honestly don't remember (and don't have the packet handy), but you could just shoot them an email now and say you want to attend. That way you don't have to wait for snail mail to get it to them past the deadline, if it is today. :D


Thanks. I'll do that.


You can also call to RSVP if you want some sort of instant confirmation :) .

trojans09
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby trojans09 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:51 pm

I just got an email saying a student is willing to be available to me. Is this my host?
Also, I'd like to alleviate the concerns of girls staying with guys or whatever. Berkeley is a very liberal place and wants there to be no gender differences. In the dorms, guys and girls share the same bathrooms and showers. Know it's a culture of equality, not them trying to set some guy up to try bang you.

iamlife1001
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby iamlife1001 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:56 pm

trojans09 wrote:I just got an email saying a student is willing to be available to me. Is this my host?
Also, I'd like to alleviate the concerns of girls staying with guys or whatever. Berkeley is a very liberal place and wants there to be no gender differences. In the dorms, guys and girls share the same bathrooms and showers. Know it's a culture of equality, not them trying to set some guy up to try bang you.



I just got that too, and I never knew about the host/ never requested one, so it may just a contact (it is for me at least)

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:58 pm

iamlife1001 wrote:
trojans09 wrote:I just got an email saying a student is willing to be available to me. Is this my host?
Also, I'd like to alleviate the concerns of girls staying with guys or whatever. Berkeley is a very liberal place and wants there to be no gender differences. In the dorms, guys and girls share the same bathrooms and showers. Know it's a culture of equality, not them trying to set some guy up to try bang you.



I just got that too, and I never knew about the host/ never requested one, so it may just a contact (it is for me at least)


Got this as well...and can't figure out if it's my host or just someone to ask Qs to???

trojans09
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby trojans09 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Ya uh the email was really vague I guess ill call tomorow unless someone here knows for sure.

mijahe
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby mijahe » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:12 pm

I also got the e-mail, also requested a host, and also couldn't tell if it was just a random student willing to answer questions or a host.

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby IzziesGal » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:13 pm

trojans09 wrote:Ya uh the email was really vague I guess ill call tomorow unless someone here knows for sure.


That would be helpful. I did email my person back, but I was too embarassed to ask if she was my host. I had this sinking feeling like I was expected to know this kinda stuff already, and I'm the only one out there who didn't. :oops:

User avatar
Rotor
Posts: 917
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Postby Rotor » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:33 pm

I am not staying with a student and I got the same email. This doesn't mean they aren't both a contact and host for those of you who are...

Edit: I was hoping to give a definitive answer, but I guess it just amounts to meaningless fluff.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest