Berkeley Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
IzziesGal

Silver

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Post by IzziesGal » Fri May 21, 2010 11:31 pm

Rotor wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:Crim grades are in as of today.
Just found out myself and came in to feed the troll (but you beat me to it). You still here or back east?
Still here. Not going back east until Christmas. :D

You?

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Sat May 22, 2010 12:34 am

IzziesGal wrote:
Rotor wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:Crim grades are in as of today.
Just found out myself and came in to feed the troll (but you beat me to it). You still here or back east?
Still here. Not going back east until Christmas. :D

You?
Thought you had a summer gig back east. Hmmm. Brain malfunction.

Yeah. Here for the duration. Mostly done with CLR. Just need to cut a couple of pgs and polish the PS.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Sat May 22, 2010 12:41 am

Rotor wrote:
Thought you had a summer gig back east. Hmmm. Brain malfunction.

Yeah. Here for the duration. Mostly done with CLR. Just need to cut a couple of pgs and polish the PS.
Nope - I'll be working in Sacramento. I am super jealous of your progress. I still have to start the editing packet. That will be my Saturday and Sunday. Fun times ahead!

felicity00

New

Post by felicity00 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:17 am

who's a mature student like me in Berkeley class 2013? (I am of Asian descent)
you can either message me or leave me a message at hapfew@yahoo.com

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:57 am

Edit: helps to hit PM instead of reply......

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:09 pm

Posted this in the 2013 thread, but I guess the 2012'ers are the ones that will really have the answer... Any insight?
Hey does anyone know when we will be officially "registered" for classes? I am trying to figure out when I will be able to defer my loans from undergrad... would like to do that as soon as possible, obviously :)

Thanks for any and all info...

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:Posted this in the 2013 thread, but I guess the 2012'ers are the ones that will really have the answer... Any insight?
Hey does anyone know when we will be officially "registered" for classes? I am trying to figure out when I will be able to defer my loans from undergrad... would like to do that as soon as possible, obviously :)

Thanks for any and all info...
Just posted in the 2013 page. Call Candi. She will know.

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:56 am

Will do. Thanks Rotor.

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:16 pm

Class of 2013'er here. I am in a bit of a jam. I need to ship 2 boxes out to Berkeley but I won't have an address to ship them to until the end of July. I am wondering if one of you has some free basement space or something... maybe I could ship to you and you hang onto the stuff until I get out to Berkeley around July 26th? I know it is sort of a big favor to ask, just figured I would put it out there.

Thanks!

EDIT: I am covered. Thanks to everyone who PM'ed me! :D
Last edited by Shaggier1 on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

screwsandboalts

New

Post by screwsandboalts » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Another 2013'er here - I have a quick question about housing/parking, maybe you guys could help me out?

I'm thinking about living a few miles from campus - in the claremont area -- too far to walk and kind of removed from the bus line.

I'm gonna have my car, and I feel like the easiest option would be getting a spot close to boalt and just driving 8-10 minutes to berkeley every day. I know that going through the school to get a parking permit/space is nearly impossible. Does anybody know if there are garages close to campus that I could buy a spot in or maybe people selling parking spots independently?

Also, in terms of driving to campus from a few miles away -- would you guys discourage this? I know traffic and stuff can be a bitch, but it seems like my best option at this point if I can get a spot.

Thanks in advance!

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:07 am

screwsandboalts wrote:Another 2013'er here - I have a quick question about housing/parking, maybe you guys could help me out?

I'm thinking about living a few miles from campus - in the claremont area -- too far to walk and kind of removed from the bus line.

I'm gonna have my car, and I feel like the easiest option would be getting a spot close to boalt and just driving 8-10 minutes to berkeley every day. I know that going through the school to get a parking permit/space is nearly impossible. Does anybody know if there are garages close to campus that I could buy a spot in or maybe people selling parking spots independently?

Also, in terms of driving to campus from a few miles away -- would you guys discourage this? I know traffic and stuff can be a bitch, but it seems like my best option at this point if I can get a spot.

Thanks in advance!
I don't think it's a great plan. There are a few spots you could get, but on campus parking is expensive and hard to find. You'd pay a ton.
There are a few apartments/houses/frats who sometimes rent out spaces but those are also hard to find and often expensive. Parking near the law school is not that easy even with a street permit.

How far away is your actual place in Claremont? Could you bike it? I think you'll regret having to drive everyday. The other option, which might be the best, is to get a moped or small motorcycle. There is free parking for those next to the law school and across the street at ihouse.

screwsandboalts

New

Post by screwsandboalts » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:37 pm

thanks for your reply - i actually ended up signing a lease at a place a little under a mile from boalt. looks like im trading in a parking pass for my walking shoes :)

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:13 am

Hey Boalties - summer is winding down. 3 weeks left of my internship!

How is everyone else doing?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yellowjacket2012

Bronze

Post by yellowjacket2012 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:51 pm

does class of 2012 have to take "Ethics" in either fall or spring of 2L year?

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:10 am

yellowjacket2012 wrote:does class of 2012 have to take "Ethics" in either fall or spring of 2L year?
Yes, but all sorts of things qualify for the Professional Responsibility requirement (clinics, externships also count; but I'd check with the registrar to verify for individual programs just to be sure).

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:12 am

amyLAchemist wrote:Our bidding for OCI doesn't start till Aug 12, right? This seems really late, and I wanted to make sure I was reading this correctly! Thanks guys!
Looks like it. Bidding closes on the 17th for Phase 1. Phase 2 bidding window is 19-24.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:32 pm

Rotor wrote:
amyLAchemist wrote:Our bidding for OCI doesn't start till Aug 12, right? This seems really late, and I wanted to make sure I was reading this correctly! Thanks guys!
Looks like it. Bidding closes on the 17th for Phase 1. Phase 2 bidding window is 19-24.
I think we're later in the game b/c employers can't prescreen. I was talking to some Davis kids, and they submitted their stuff for round one a week or two ago, and now they sit around and wait for interviewers to select them for an interview. Then there's some sort of phase 2 of round 1 for scheduling interviews, which coincides with our bidding phase 1. And THEN they get to round 2.

I am dreading this whole thing, btw. Does not sound fun at all. I need to block out my conflicts sometime this week. That started on Monday, I think.

Worldtraveler - are you back yet?!?! How was your summer abroad? =)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:51 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
Rotor wrote:
I think we're later in the game b/c employers can't prescreen. I was talking to some Davis kids, and they submitted their stuff for round one a week or two ago, and now they sit around and wait for interviewers to select them for an interview. Then there's some sort of phase 2 of round 1 for scheduling interviews, which coincides with our bidding phase 1. And THEN they get to round 2.

I am dreading this whole thing, btw. Does not sound fun at all. I need to block out my conflicts sometime this week. That started on Monday, I think.

Worldtraveler - are you back yet?!?! How was your summer abroad? =)
I get back August 11th. I think I had a rather atypical 1L summer. I think law school will be less stressful :(.

emilybeth

Bronze

Post by emilybeth » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:03 pm

amyLAchemist wrote:Yeah, WT probably be less stressful for you, but I am absolutely dreading coming back. Externing is so much......better than school.
everything in the world is so much better than school.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:53 pm

worldtraveler wrote:
I get back August 11th. I think I had a rather atypical 1L summer. I think law school will be less stressful :(.
Oooh - details, please! I forgot where you are this summer.....?

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:56 am

emilybeth wrote:
amyLAchemist wrote:Yeah, WT probably be less stressful for you, but I am absolutely dreading coming back. Externing is so much......better than school.
everything in the world is so much better than school.
I feel like there's something wrong with me because I'm like "Yes! I get to go back to school! So much more relaxation!" I can't decide if I'm just a huge slacker at school (which is probably true) or if I just had one hell of a summer.

If I want to go to Africa next summer, someone point me to this thread and talk me out of it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 am

worldtraveler wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
Rotor wrote: Worldtraveler - are you back yet?!?! How was your summer abroad? =)
I think that's quite understandable when idiots set off a couple of bombs in the capital.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Sooooo out of the loop here......

harborleaguemvp

New

Post by harborleaguemvp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 pm

I am transferring to Boalt this fall so I am completely new to the scene. A quick and completely unrelated question, are there intramural sports at all? I am not trying to be a complete meathead but it would be nice to do something other than study when Cal football is not going down.

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:18 pm

harborleaguemvp wrote:I am transferring to Boalt this fall so I am completely new to the scene. A quick and completely unrelated question, are there intramural sports at all? I am not trying to be a complete meathead but it would be nice to do something other than study when Cal football is not going down.
Nothing I know of officially, but some folks put a few teams together and played in the UCB wide IM program.

Welcome aboard!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”