Berkeley Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
scoobyman

New

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Post by scoobyman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:31 pm

Does anyone know if there's anything going on tonight for 1Ls?

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:47 pm

This is the concert you want to go to- http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/

100% free. In Golden Gate park during the month with the best weather, you can bring food, beer, etc. and see a ton of awesome music. Oct 2,3,4.

feeblemiles

Bronze

Post by feeblemiles » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Anything happening Thursday night after orientation? Do we know what time we'll be done on campus?

scoobyman

New

Post by scoobyman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:02 pm

I know there's a happy hour for all the social justice student orgs from 6-8 on Thursday. I'm not sure where, but I imagine they'll let us know on Thursday.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:00 pm

ftsaf wrote:Awesome. Thanks for the info. Do you know by chance the amount that was settled on to pay out for tuition?
There's a website that gives you estimates of what will be payed out to you, based on your length of service, but I cannot seem to find it. Can anyone else?
Rotor wrote:
Only it's not Candi. I went and saw her today (after Michael sent me there) and that's Registrar business, not FinAid. Nancy at the Registrar's office said we wouldn't get them signed until we register on Thursday(otherwise, we run the risk of being certified for only 6 hours for "Law 205"-- rather than the 15-16 we'll really be taking).
Thanks so much for this - you just saved me a trip to the Finaid office. The Registrar at the law school is MUCH more convenient. :D
emilybeth wrote:hey IzziesGal, you need just the smog test for the DMV stuff -- I just got my plates today, and all I did was the smog check. Definitely, definitely, definitely make an appointment. It will save you literally hours of waiting around. Good luck, I almost got into a fistfight at the DMV today :/ Something about that environment breeds hostility. See you all on Thursday :P
Thanks! Got my plates and everything today, too.

And lastly....anything going on after the picnic tomorrow night???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ken

Bronze

Post by Ken » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:42 pm

TLSers of the world unite!!

Glad to hear that everyone is already getting to know each other well. You all will have an amazing 3 years and definitely made the right choice. Drink one for me this week.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:02 am

Ken wrote:TLSers of the world unite!!

Glad to hear that everyone is already getting to know each other well. You all will have an amazing 3 years and definitely made the right choice. Drink one for me this week.
Thanks, Ken!! Too bad you can't join us for one drink during our remaining days of freedom.....

emilybeth

Bronze

Post by emilybeth » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:27 am

Don't think I'm going to make it to the picnic, because I'm kind of shy and have no friends/family to bring for company. But I'm down to meet up with some people afterwards, so whatever the plans are, post on here. :) Also, I think everyone from TLS should wear nametags or something during the first day of orientation, so we can all find each other!

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:34 am

emilybeth wrote:Don't think I'm going to make it to the picnic, because I'm kind of shy and have no friends/family to bring for company. But I'm down to meet up with some people afterwards, so whatever the plans are, post on here. :) Also, I think everyone from TLS should wear nametags or something during the first day of orientation, so we can all find each other!
You should come! A lot of us are super friendly and I think most people aren't bringing friends or family. You definitely won't be the only one on your own.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

afjag09

New

Post by afjag09 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:55 pm

emilybeth wrote:Don't think I'm going to make it to the picnic, because I'm kind of shy and have no friends/family to bring for company. But I'm down to meet up with some people afterwards, so whatever the plans are, post on here. :) Also, I think everyone from TLS should wear nametags or something during the first day of orientation, so we can all find each other!
You should definitely come! I'm in the same boat - no friends/family, heck I just moved in yesterday :shock: - so I'm hoping to meet a bunch of people. I'm down for something after, too!

bilbobaggins

Silver

Post by bilbobaggins » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm

I'm headed there without any family. I think it will be fine.

Also, I think most of us are down to hang out after. Let's just try to avoid the UG bars this time ;)

Edit: Look for me. I'm the one who looks like a hobbit.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:32 pm

I will also be there on my own. Can't wait to meet everyone!! :D

TopCat

Bronze

Post by TopCat » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:01 pm

I won't be at the picnic today but I look forward to meeting TLS'ers tomorrow. I will be easy to spot - I am Gandhiesque/Madisonian in stature (5'3"-5'4" :P ) with short, black hair and will be one of the very few international students. I will in all probability be the only one that meets this description. Please do say hi if you see me because I just know rotor as of now. Here's to years of friendship down the road!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

emilybeth

Bronze

Post by emilybeth » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 am

See you all bright and early tomorrow morning!

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:54 am

Since we're trying to find each other, I'll be in brown pants, blue shirt, denim jacket. I'm a tall blonde and I don't think I'm too hard to find. :)

emilybeth

Bronze

Post by emilybeth » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:11 pm

how's it going thus far for everyone? I haven't met any TLSers out there yet but I know you guys are there. :)

TopCat

Bronze

Post by TopCat » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:14 pm

mod 5 section G here so if anyone from G or mod 5 wants to out themselves too, I'm game 8)

Also, anything happening Friday night? I didn't go/ am not going out tonight. But tomorrow night I'm down for a few beers. But I'd rather be with a small group (10-12 people at most) than mingle in a large, faceless crowd.

btw, rotor, nice seeing you again. And, amy, nice to meet you! I didn't see worldtraveler and emilybeth's posts so wasn't on the lookout. But I sure would like to meet you guys, too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

emilybeth

Bronze

Post by emilybeth » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:01 am

i'd be down to meet up and grab a couple of beers tomorrow night? i'm mod 3, section a. :)

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:32 am

I'm mod 8, section L here. No TLSers in my mod, at least as far as I know :(

TopCat

Bronze

Post by TopCat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:57 am

Is Telebears down for everyone or is it just me? Also, the grants haven't been applied to CARS yet for everyone, right? Right? (CARS or whatever the hell it is called that handles the money side of things been telling me I have to pay minimum amount blah blah before my private loan gets disbursed).

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:01 am

TopCat wrote:Is Telebears down for everyone or is it just me? Also, the grants haven't been applied to CARS yet for everyone, right? Right? (CARS or whatever the hell it is called that handles the money side of things been telling me I have to pay minimum amount blah blah before my private loan gets disbursed).
I asked financial aid about this today. The blonde lady (I forget her name) is really, really nice. If it's not showing up it's not a problem. My loan isn't showing up but she said it is for the administrative side I guess.

If there is any interest, I'm going to call for an impromptu TLS lunch meeting tomorrow at Boalt. I've found a few TLSers but some of you guys hide really well.
12 noon, the terrace area by the Goldberg room (AKA the bookstore). I'll be there, and you should be able to find me. Tall blonde, blue shirt, black sweater, red rimmed glasses. Seriously if you can't see me just yell "WT" and see what happens.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TopCat

Bronze

Post by TopCat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:08 am

WT, sounds like a good plan but 12 noon won't work for me or for people in sections D, F, B and G because the LRW session goes until 12:30. How about 12:30'ish?

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:11 am

TopCat wrote:WT, sounds like a good plan but 12 noon won't work for me or for people in sections D, F, B and G because the LRW session goes until 12:30. How about 12:30'ish?
OK let's change to 12:45. Does that work for every section? I'm not looking at the schedule so hopefully that works.

emilybeth

Bronze

Post by emilybeth » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 am

see y'all at 12:45 :)

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:45 am

TopCat wrote:mod 5 section G here so if anyone from G or mod 5 wants to out themselves too, I'm game 8)

Also, anything happening Friday night? I didn't go/ am not going out tonight. But tomorrow night I'm down for a few beers. But I'd rather be with a small group (10-12 people at most) than mingle in a large, faceless crowd.

btw, rotor, nice seeing you again. And, amy, nice to meet you! I didn't see worldtraveler and emilybeth's posts so wasn't on the lookout. But I sure would like to meet you guys, too.
Mod 5 as well =)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”