Berkeley Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Shaggier1

Silver

Re: Berkeley Class of 2012

Post by Shaggier1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:44 pm

CivPro E&E is good. It doesn't have MC questions and that's where I got hit hardest.
Hey Rotor what are MC questions?

Thanks.

worldtraveler

Platinum

Post by worldtraveler » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:
CivPro E&E is good. It doesn't have MC questions and that's where I got hit hardest.

Thanks.
multiple choice

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:31 pm

Shaggier1 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.
multiple choice
Haha, and here I was thinking it was some complicated new, law-school exam format... :oops:

Thanks!

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Rotor wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:Hey upperclassmen, I could use some advice.

I haven't bought any supplements but I'm starting to get the impression that I'm in the minority. I'm trying to avoid the arms race mentality, but I keep hearing that it's important, so maybe I should bite the bullet.

Lots of people have the E&E for CivPro and I hear that's good, but what about a supplement keyed to the casebook? I see that Aspen and Legalines both have books for Hazard, Tait, et al (which I believe all 1L's are using). Did anyone have success with either of these?

I personally don't like the legalines case briefs bc I think I would get lazy and only read the pre-filled briefs.

Remember: everyone learns in his/her own way. If supps work for you--great. If not, don't get caught up in the arms race. If you want to try before you buy, most are on reserve at the library.
Legalines are good for supplementing the casebook - meaning, read the case first and THEN read the legaline, just to see if you got what you were supposed to out of the case. Essentially, it's just a brief - so if you do a good job briefing and actually do briefs for every class on your own, then this is really a waste of money. I'd rather spend my money on Gilberts or an E&E, where rules are outlined clearly or concepts are broken down further, but that's just me.

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:06 am

Congrats to everyone for being half way done!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Journeybound

Bronze

Post by Journeybound » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 am

Hi guys. I hope that break is treating you all well. Do you know around what date grades are released? Also, are they all released at the same time, or as soon as the professor posts them? Thanks!

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:24 am

Journeybound wrote:Hi guys. I hope that break is treating you all well. Do you know around what date grades are released? Also, are they all released at the same time, or as soon as the professor posts them? Thanks!
They get posted as each prof is complete, with the following caveat from the BearFacts opening window:
Final Grades Grades are updated once daily at 8am. Grades submitted electronically for Spring 2010 are available for viewing under Current Term Grades on Bear Facts 24 hours after submission by instructors.

screwsandboalts

New

Post by screwsandboalts » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:45 pm

hey guys, have any of you taken intro to ip? im looking for a supplement online because im in menells class right now and he just moves way to fast for me (on top of the fact that its physically impossible to stay awake for his 840am class) - any advice/input would be great ! thanks

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:00 pm

screwsandboalts wrote:hey guys, have any of you taken intro to ip? im looking for a supplement online because im in menells class right now and he just moves way to fast for me (on top of the fact that its physically impossible to stay awake for his 840am class) - any advice/input would be great ! thanks
I dropped this class precisely for the 8:40 am reason. =)

I would try the IP E&E. I haven't used it myself, but I have had good experiences with E&Es in general. Hope that helps!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Smushface

New

Post by Smushface » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:05 pm

I know this is kind of a reach since the last post in this thread was over a year ago, but did anyone have Erin Murphy for Crim Law? It's her first year teaching at NYU and I'm trying to get my hands on old outlines / exams.

Would love you forever if you could tell me anything about her class or point me in the right direction.

Rotor

Silver

Post by Rotor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Smushface wrote:I know this is kind of a reach since the last post in this thread was over a year ago, but did anyone have Erin Murphy for Crim Law? It's her first year teaching at NYU and I'm trying to get my hands on old outlines / exams.

Would love you forever if you could tell me anything about her class or point me in the right direction.
EM last taught Crim in 2008--the year before c/o 2012 started. Doubt anyone here will be able to help.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”