UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:38 pm

..

RTF
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RTF » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:41 pm

YCrev... you and your stats...

Thanks though, you think it's going to be that low?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm

..

RTF
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RTF » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Did you just cite Cooley? Haha, I feel like that should be banned.

jks1205
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jks1205 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:38 pm

Is anyone preparing for the mock class? I feel like there was a link to something we could download to read beforehand, but that may have been for a different school's open house because I can't find it now. Maybe I'm being a huge dork but I want to know something about what we are being taught... just wikipedia Lawrence v. Texas? Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else

Da Stain
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Da Stain » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:03 pm

jase1348 wrote:
Da Stain wrote:Also, thought I'd pass along that Bar Review is at a bar called Boylan Heights on The Corner (Or University Ave.). Should be a good showing of law students there for those of you without hosts/law school buddies.


Boylan Heights should only ever be referred to as Norbitz.


I hear people say this, but I have no frame of reference for this 'Norbitz', so it's still 'you know, that bar next to Christian's' to me.

User avatar
geoffree
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:46 pm

jks1205 wrote:Is anyone preparing for the mock class? I feel like there was a link to something we could download to read beforehand, but that may have been for a different school's open house because I can't find it now. Maybe I'm being a huge dork but I want to know something about what we are being taught... just wikipedia Lawrence v. Texas? Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else


Link please. :)

User avatar
isittomorrowyet
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby isittomorrowyet » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:42 am

geoffree wrote:
jks1205 wrote:Is anyone preparing for the mock class? I feel like there was a link to something we could download to read beforehand, but that may have been for a different school's open house because I can't find it now. Maybe I'm being a huge dork but I want to know something about what we are being taught... just wikipedia Lawrence v. Texas? Sorry if this was already answered somewhere else


Link please. :)



http://www.law.virginia.edu/pdf/admissions/lawrence.pdf

User avatar
geoffree
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:07 am

Thank you isit :)

Dan1044
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Dan1044 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 am

Is there anything going on tonight either ASW related or not?

User avatar
isittomorrowyet
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby isittomorrowyet » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:06 am

Dan1044 wrote:Is there anything going on tonight either ASW related or not?


There is the BBQ at 5, I believe; and according to the ASW thread, bar review is at a place called "Boylan Heights" or something similar.

User avatar
bulldog4574
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby bulldog4574 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:39 am

im excited about the bbq tonight! ive already been in charlottesville for a couple days checking out apartments and im absolutely in love with the city and UVA!

User avatar
J-Rod
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby J-Rod » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:41 pm

BBQ and keg is a good time . . . I'll be hitting it up sometime between turning in my appellate brief and going to class at 6:15

Boylan Heights is a good time, we'll be celebrating DaStain's bday crunk-style

User avatar
geoffree
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Which direction does the ballerina spin for YOU? :)

--ImageRemoved--

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:36 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uvagirl0708
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby uvagirl0708 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:13 am

Da Stain wrote:
jase1348 wrote:Boylan Heights should only ever be referred to as Norbitz.


I hear people say this, but I have no frame of reference for this 'Norbitz', so it's still 'you know, that bar next to Christian's' to me.


I believe Norbitz = New Orbitz, as the space now occupied by Boylan Heights was, until recently, the home of Orbitz

...or so I'm guessing. I left when Orbitz was still in place. Any current UVA'ers able to correct/confirm?

legends159
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby legends159 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:43 am

showNprove wrote:That ballerina freaks me out. I can't make it spin counter-clockwise :(



On a better note, I have a place for the fall! Right on Arlington :D


Arlington is real nice. And you get a lot of privacy with your own entrance.

User avatar
jase1348
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jase1348 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:19 pm

uvagirl0708 wrote:
Da Stain wrote:
jase1348 wrote:Boylan Heights should only ever be referred to as Norbitz.


I hear people say this, but I have no frame of reference for this 'Norbitz', so it's still 'you know, that bar next to Christian's' to me.


I believe Norbitz = New Orbitz, as the space now occupied by Boylan Heights was, until recently, the home of Orbitz

...or so I'm guessing. I left when Orbitz was still in place. Any current UVA'ers able to correct/confirm?


correct.

i guess no one would know this if it is their first year at UVa though.
also boylan didnt have a clear sign for a long time so no one knew what the hell it was called for a bit

User avatar
geoffree
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:10 pm

showNprove wrote:That ballerina freaks me out. I can't make it spin counter-clockwise :(



On a better note, I have a place for the fall! Right on Arlington :D


it takes practice (for some) to make her spin in any direction you will. Focus on her feet and shadow only to try and make her start spinning the other direction... or blink a lot :)
Supposedly you are more right brained, since you see her go clockwise.

Anyways, I'm going to check out apt's in Cville tomorrow. Maybe I'll check out ARlington. My hope is that I make it into Copeley though.
Last edited by geoffree on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:12 pm

geoffree wrote:
showNprove wrote:That ballerina freaks me out. I can't make it spin counter-clockwise :(



On a better note, I have a place for the fall! Right on Arlington :D


it takes practice (for some) to make her spin in any direction you will.
Supposedly you are more right brained, since you see her go clockwise.


I could make her spin in either direction, at will, the first time I looked. :?:

omg
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby omg » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:14 pm

I used to be able to make her go both directions. (I started out counter-clockwise.) But now I've been stuck on clockwise for like the last 24 hours, even though I know I used to be able to make her go either way...it's driving me crazy! Also, I read that the right-brain v. left-brain thing involving the spinning dancer is false...

legends159
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby legends159 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
geoffree wrote:
showNprove wrote:That ballerina freaks me out. I can't make it spin counter-clockwise :(



On a better note, I have a place for the fall! Right on Arlington :D


it takes practice (for some) to make her spin in any direction you will.
Supposedly you are more right brained, since you see her go clockwise.


I could make her spin in either direction, at will, the first time I looked. :?:


I dont believe you can make her spin in the other direction. She is clearly spinning in one direction, clockwise-from right to left.

edit:
holy shit nevermind. I stared at her shadow for a few seconds and now she's spinning the other way. That's some trippy shit. Now i feel a bit nauseous.

User avatar
geoffree
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:27 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
geoffree wrote:
showNprove wrote:That ballerina freaks me out. I can't make it spin counter-clockwise :(



On a better note, I have a place for the fall! Right on Arlington :D


it takes practice (for some) to make her spin in any direction you will.
Supposedly you are more right brained, since you see her go clockwise.


I could make her spin in either direction, at will, the first time I looked. :?:


Same with my pa, i guess u have a flexible brain. It took me some time to get her going counterclockwise.

Why are we still on page 32?

User avatar
geoffree
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:28 pm

legends159 wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:[

edit:
holy shit nevermind. I stared at her shadow for a few seconds and now she's spinning the other way. That's some trippy shit. Now i feel a bit nauseous.


Yeah, i spent the better part of yesterday staring at her. She is very odd. The headtilt. The arm sticking out. The spinning. It's all too much. It's the story of our lives.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:29 pm

I guess that falls in line with what I always wondered. I never thought the right brain/left brain dichotomy really applied to me. How strong is the science on this?

Page 33 now...are we beating HLS?
Last edited by RVP11 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest