UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
mllerustad
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby mllerustad » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:19 pm

WIdan wrote:Is the bus service fairly reliable? And do students ride for 'free'.


According to one of my friends who's a prof at UVA, the bus system in Charlottesville is very good, and using it's easier than finding a parking spot. Students, faculty, and staff ride free.

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:24 pm

WIdan wrote:Are these apartments like Woodlands that are further from the school on a bus line?

Is the bus service fairly reliable? And do students ride for 'free'.


I didn't look into anything like this because I have a car and likely wouldn't utilize a bus line, but I know the Woodlands has a shuttle service that goes to and from the law school / business school every thirty minutes or something like that.

User avatar
bulldog4574
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby bulldog4574 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:08 pm

is there any AFFORDABLE housing in Charlottesville? (800$ or less a month)

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 pm

bulldog4574 wrote:is there any AFFORDABLE housing in Charlottesville? (800$ or less a month)


Yes. I'm looking to rent a house with 3 other guys 5 minutes away from the law school and it should be about $600/mo max for each person, and probably more like $500/mo. Let me know if you're interested.

P.S. - the houses I'm looking at generally are 4BR/3BA.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:13 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:15 pm

showNprove wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:is there any AFFORDABLE housing in Charlottesville? (800$ or less a month)


Yes. I'm looking to rent a house with 3 other guys 5 minutes away from the law school and it should be about $600/mo max for each person, and probably more like $500/mo. Let me know if you're interested.

P.S. - the houses I'm looking at generally are 4BR/3BA.

Won't that be awkward for the SO?

...or I hope I didn't bring up a touchy subject...


Nah, not a touchy subject at all.

SO's 99% likely not coming! At least not for the first year. So I'd love to live with some other 1Ls.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bulldog4574
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby bulldog4574 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Well I've got an SO that IS coming with me this year so yeah, that complicates things a bit

EDIT: My fiance insists that i make it clear that she is a fiance and not a significant other
Last edited by bulldog4574 on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fup
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Fup » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:23 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:is there any AFFORDABLE housing in Charlottesville? (800$ or less a month)


Yes. I'm looking to rent a house with 3 other guys 5 minutes away from the law school and it should be about $600/mo max for each person, and probably more like $500/mo. Let me know if you're interested.

P.S. - the houses I'm looking at generally are 4BR/3BA.


I'd be interested, but I'm not accepted yet. Hurry up UVA!

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:25 pm

bulldog4574 wrote:Well I've got an SO that IS coming with me this year so yeah, that complicates things a bit

EDIT: My fiance insists that i make it clear that she is a fiance and not a significant other


Oh, that's fine. We'll need a girl to clean up after us! :)

(Yes everyone, I know I'm being sexist.)

My SO will be my fiancee in a week or two. :D

User avatar
bulldog4574
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby bulldog4574 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:27 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:Well I've got an SO that IS coming with me this year so yeah, that complicates things a bit

EDIT: My fiance insists that i make it clear that she is a fiance and not a significant other


Oh, that's fine. We'll need a girl to clean up after us! :)

(Yes everyone, I know I'm being sexist.)

My SO will be my fiancee in a week or two. :D


preemptive congrats! or am i potentially jinxing it?

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:28 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
bulldog4574
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby bulldog4574 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:29 pm

showNprove wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:My SO will be my fiancee in a week or two. :D

Whoa! Congrats!

And presumptuous! :lol:


Ha, i call it confidence

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:29 pm

Fup wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:is there any AFFORDABLE housing in Charlottesville? (800$ or less a month)


Yes. I'm looking to rent a house with 3 other guys 5 minutes away from the law school and it should be about $600/mo max for each person, and probably more like $500/mo. Let me know if you're interested.

P.S. - the houses I'm looking at generally are 4BR/3BA.


I'd be interested, but I'm not accepted yet. Hurry up UVA!


Let me know when you get in.

omg
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby omg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 pm

bulldog4574 wrote:
showNprove wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:My SO will be my fiancee in a week or two. :D

Whoa! Congrats!

And presumptuous! :lol:


Ha, i call it confidence


Congratulations...so exciting!

Did anyone else who's engaged (or not) think, immediately upon being accepted to UVA, "now maybe I can have my wedding in the chapel there"? Haha, just kidding, it wasn't immediate... but I did think it :wink:

omg
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby omg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:48 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:58 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
Fup wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:is there any AFFORDABLE housing in Charlottesville? (800$ or less a month)


Yes. I'm looking to rent a house with 3 other guys 5 minutes away from the law school and it should be about $600/mo max for each person, and probably more like $500/mo. Let me know if you're interested.

P.S. - the houses I'm looking at generally are 4BR/3BA.


I'd be interested, but I'm not accepted yet. Hurry up UVA!


Let me know when you get in.


I haven't made my final decision about where I'm going, but I'm interested and hopefully can give you an answer on the 27th.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:21 am

omg wrote:Congratulations...so exciting!

Did anyone else who's engaged (or not) think, immediately upon being accepted to UVA, "now maybe I can have my wedding in the chapel there"? Haha, just kidding, it wasn't immediate... but I did think it :wink:


Haha, I've thought about it. Both my cousins who went to UVA got married at the chapel - it's an amazing place for a wedding but probably too big and too far from Arizona for the SO and me.

RTF
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RTF » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:11 am

Congrats JSporter...errm sorry..JSUVA2012.



On another note, is the TLS clan going to try to meet up at the March 13th ASD?

User avatar
CE2JD
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby CE2JD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:21 pm

RTF wrote:On another note, is the TLS clan going to try to meet up at the March 13th ASD?


I'm down. Just name the place baby.

User avatar
bulldog4574
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby bulldog4574 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:10 pm

CE2JD wrote:
RTF wrote:On another note, is the TLS clan going to try to meet up at the March 13th ASD?


I'm down. Just name the place baby.


+1

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 pm

..

User avatar
geoffree
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:17 pm

limegreen wrote:
WIdan wrote:Are these apartments like Woodlands that are further from the school on a bus line?

Is the bus service fairly reliable? And do students ride for 'free'.


I didn't look into anything like this because I have a car and likely wouldn't utilize a bus line, but I know the Woodlands has a shuttle service that goes to and from the law school / business school every thirty minutes or something like that.


Thanks for all the info limegreen. You're the best :)
I also like how your bright limegreen avatar makes finding your posts very easy.
I'm gonna have to go check out all the places myself. Jefferson and Woodland seem ideal, but I'd like to find something cheaper. I may just have to suck it up.

RTF
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RTF » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:27 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
RTF wrote:On another note, is the TLS clan going to try to meet up at the March 13th ASD?


I'm down. Just name the place baby.


+1

+1



I guess it doesn't really matter all that much anymore since I think some of you can figure out who I am, but don't some of you want to retain your anonymity. I mean, let's face it, we've all said stuff on this site we would probably not say to people we actually knew.

With that said, I don't have a clue about where to meet. I think I'm getting there on the 12th.

User avatar
CE2JD
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby CE2JD » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:43 pm

RTF wrote:I guess it doesn't really matter all that much anymore since I think some of you can figure out who I am, but don't some of you want to retain your anonymity. I mean, let's face it, we've all said stuff on this site we would probably not say to people we actually knew.

With that said, I don't have a clue about where to meet. I think I'm getting there on the 12th.


Oh c'mon. The Internet is not real life! It's Internet life.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest