UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
rdt854

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby rdt854 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:27 pm

gladiator wrote:I'll be there sober enough to drive rdt home after he blacks out so you wouldn't be alone CE.

I don't expect it to work out quite like that, but lets not jinx anything... I still have my fingers crossed that it will

1LGirl

Postby 1LGirl » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Ooooo a Friday bar crawl!??? Is this TLS or all 1L based?? hahah... since I'm very new to this site!

green

Postby green » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:57 pm

CE2JD wrote:
rdt854 wrote:actually, bar crawl friday night instead... PM me if your in; I have no clue when or where but know for sure its goin down

Is this going to be the roving-looking-to-pick-up-chix-with-other-assorted-douchebags type of bar crawl? If so, I think I'll pass.

What would a bar crawl be without a marauding band of douchebags?

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 am

1LGirl wrote:Ooooo a Friday bar crawl!??? Is this TLS or all 1L based?? hahah... since I'm very new to this site!

It's only for people who have over a thousand posts :)

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:09 am

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 am

I just finished my last day of work. It was very strange and emotional given how eager I'd become to leave and go back to school! It's nice to have that chapter of my life finally closed.

And now I'm looking forward to what should be the three easiest and best years of my life. (This is not sarcasm.)

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 am

vanwinkle wrote:And now I'm looking forward to what should be the three easiest and best years of my life. (This is not sarcasm.)

I find that hard to believe. I can believe the "best" part, allegedly UVA alums claim that, but easiest???

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:15 am

Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1LGirl

Postby 1LGirl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:21 am

thesealocust wrote:I find the new people showing up here a little weird... as far as I can tell, most are coming because somebody posted a link on facebook. At that point... what's the difference between showing up here to post, and posting on the facebook c/o 2012 thread? I mean, I know we aren't exactly an exclusionary clique in this thread, and the info is good... it just strikes me as kind of circular or something :P

I didn't get it from the facebook link... I guess Im not that new... been reading it for a bit... I just started posting since it's getting closer. And no one posts on the facebook group really so that is probably why!

1LGirl

Postby 1LGirl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:21 am

Cavalier wrote:
1LGirl wrote:Ooooo a Friday bar crawl!??? Is this TLS or all 1L based?? hahah... since I'm very new to this site!

Hahah guess I better start posting! :)

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 am

EyeBeeM

Postby EyeBeeM » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:40 am

rsr28 wrote:
EyeBeeM wrote:Another dumb question that perhaps was answered before:

It seems like common knowledge that you shouldn't buy any books (other than supplements) prior to attending your first class. So how do we do our pre-first class reading assignments?

Completely false. The vast majority of people end buy their books from the bookstore. A vast majority of those just stick with the ones they buy originally (rather than fussing with Amazon etc.)

Maybe I just misinterpreted what I read, but I was under the impression that we wouldn't know what books to buy until our professors told us on the first day of class.

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:47 am

EyeBeeM wrote:
rsr28 wrote:

It seems like common knowledge that you shouldn't buy any books (other than supplements) prior to attending your first class. So how do we do our pre-first class reading assignments?

Completely false. The vast majority of people end buy their books from the bookstore. A vast majority of those just stick with the ones they buy originally (rather than fussing with Amazon etc.)

Maybe I just misinterpreted what I read, but I was under the impression that we wouldn't know what books to buy until our professors told us on the first day of class.

A book list is already posted online and available at the bookstore, you just won't know which ones to buy until you have a section.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:59 am

Cavalier wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:And now I'm looking forward to what should be the three easiest and best years of my life. (This is not sarcasm.)

I find that hard to believe. I can believe the "best" part, allegedly UVA alums claim that, but easiest???

I will be physically healthy, in a place I want to live, doing something I want to do, all at the same time for the first time in my life. Plus, for the first time in five years, I'll be able to make mistakes and not have to worry afterward about how close I came to killing someone.

I'm gonna be that guy that shows up and kicks ass and enjoys it way too much, because to me, law school is going to be freaking easy compared to real life.

iceberger

Postby iceberger » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:42 am

gladiator wrote:
EyeBeeM wrote:
rsr28 wrote:

A book list is already posted online and available at the bookstore, you just won't know which ones to buy until you have a section.

I'm guessing Friday morning the bookstore will be packed, bah

CE2JD

Postby CE2JD » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:19 am

vanwinkle wrote:
Cavalier wrote:

I will be physically healthy, in a place I want to live, doing something I want to do, all at the same time for the first time in my life. Plus, for the first time in five years, I'll be able to make mistakes and not have to worry afterward about how close I came to killing someone.

I'm gonna be that guy that shows up and kicks ass and enjoys it way too much, because to me, law school is going to be freaking easy compared to real life.

I don't know how "easy" law school will be for me. But I do know that my life up to this point has sucked big time. I've been driving the perilous route from San Diego to Los Angeles and back every third week, living in the ghetto in L.A. while working 90 hours a week supporting a customer for my previous employer, and generally not exercising or taking care of my body. Oh, and on top of all that I studied for the LSAT, applied and got into UVA, studied for, took, and passed the patent bar, and posted 5000 comments on TLS :P .

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:24 am

I'm guessing Friday morning the bookstore will be packed, bah

When I went around 3:00 that Friday last year, there were only a few people in there.

Also, Hynes' Contracts syllabus is up on LawWeb under Current Courses. (Not going to do this every time a syllabus goes up but I figured the first professor to put one up for each 1L class might be somewhat informative for you guys on what to expect from each class)

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:46 am

I have been blocking out all talk of supplements until now because I didn't want to think about it, but can someone please tell me or direct me to something that tells me the ones I should buy for each course?

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 am

iceberger wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
iceberger wrote:
limegreen wrote:So I don't want to speak for anyone else, but we could probably do something next weekend right before orientation @ the Woodlands? I'm thinking Saturday would be best, but we could do Friday or Sunday. Maybe iceberger or omg would be interested in helping host?

I'll definitely volunteer to co-host. Saturday afternoon cookout/drinks at the woodlands clubhouse?

I don't drink so I'll bring a bunch of non-alcoholic stuff to drink.

That's assuming I'm invited :oops: :oops: :oops: .

How could we have an official UVA 2012 TLS meetup without CE2JD being invited?

Do you all want to do this this weekend or next/ I was thinking next (as in the 15th), but I could do this weekend as well if we did Friday or Sunday. This is my last Saturday of work (woohoo) but I don't get off until 7:30.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 am

Cavalier wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

dinkyjeans

Postby dinkyjeans » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:59 am

Can someone tell me how to view the posted syllabi and the listing of all of the sections along with meeting times? I've found the section list before but can't now...argh!

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:03 am

green wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
rdt854 wrote:actually, bar crawl friday night instead... PM me if your in; I have no clue when or where but know for sure its goin down

Is this going to be the roving-looking-to-pick-up-chix-with-other-assorted-douchebags type of bar crawl? If so, I think I'll pass.

What would a bar crawl be without a marauding band of douchebags?

Heaven.

iceberger

Postby iceberger » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:25 am

limegreen wrote:
Do you all want to do this this weekend or next/ I was thinking next (as in the 15th), but I could do this weekend as well if we did Friday or Sunday. This is my last Saturday of work (woohoo) but I don't get off until 7:30.

Either weekend works for me.

EyeBeeM

Postby EyeBeeM » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:45 am

gladiator wrote:
EyeBeeM wrote:
rsr28 wrote:

Ah, thanks. Can you tell me where to find this book list posted online? Also...will our sections be posted online somewhere (not getting to C-ville until late).

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 am

Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”