UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
napolnic

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by napolnic » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:57 pm

mijahe wrote:Also, does anyone know if we can fax our pre-health form?
Yes, the fax number is on top of the first page.

EyeBeeM

New

Post by EyeBeeM » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:36 pm

napolnic wrote:
napolnic...what is your avatar? :shock:

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 pm

EyeBeeM wrote:
napolnic wrote:
+1. I could never figure it out.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:40 pm

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:43 pm

napolnic wrote:
Also, if you're already in c-ville, you can just drop it off at the student health center (if you want to be really, really sure that they get it).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:45 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
Cavalier wrote:
EyeBeeM wrote:
+1. I could never figure it out.
It's a sculpture called ""Unique Forms of Continuity in Space" (with a UVA logo).

And no I'm not really that cultured; I asked a while back in a different thread.
Introducing people to really obscure sculptures one person at a time (woo intro art history).

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:50 pm

mijahe wrote:Have anyone's loan interviews updated on SIS yet? I know they were working their way through the system.
I'm convinced the management of SIS has been outsourced to a bunch of 3rd graders in a summer school computer lab somewhere. And we all know what happens when you put 3rd graders in a computer lab and try to make them work...two words: OREGON TRAIL.

lrichardson

New

Post by lrichardson » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm

hokie09 wrote:This may be a longshot...but is anyone else a Journey fan? I noticed they're playing in Richmond in September and was thinking about going...
oh my gosh YES
(not sure if anyone else has responded to this but I would love to get in on a concert trip!)

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:19 am

I don't know if anyone here is still looking for housing, but I know of a sublet in The Woodlands that is 2 bedroom, 2 baths, and they are offering a big discount under the rental price because they need to move ASAP. It's in a good unit and available in a week until next May, so if you're interested PM me and I'll get you in touch with the person.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:35 am

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:54 am

YCrevolution wrote:I have my UVA ID card now. :D
I still don't know how to update my address in SIS/ISIS/RandomLettersHere monstrosity. I've tried ISIS, but it doesn't like my ID number or SSN, even when clicking first-time user. :(
Where do we go to get them? I want to do that this week.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:58 am

green

Bronze

Post by green » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:28 pm

lrichardson wrote:
hokie09 wrote:This may be a longshot...but is anyone else a Journey fan? I noticed they're playing in Richmond in September and was thinking about going...
oh my gosh YES
(not sure if anyone else has responded to this but I would love to get in on a concert trip!)
I could probably be persuaded...the concert is 2 days before my birthday, too. Although, it's my 23rd birthday, which will probably be even less exciting than my 22nd birthday.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

extragnarls

New

Post by extragnarls » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:06 pm

This is a shot in the dark, but anyone sitting around twiddling their thumbs in Ivy Gardens today? I'm driving down from D.C. to move a few things in and I have one item, a loveseat (it's light, around 125 lbs), that I can't carry up to the second floor by myself. Anyway, if you'd like to make an easy $10 or have me help you with something in the future, shoot me a quick PM. Thanks.

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:07 pm

YCrevolution wrote:I had to wade through a bunch of (high school?) cheerleaders who'd just finished breakfast at the dining hall.
Cue flashback of my high school's cheerleaders making fun of me...

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:48 pm

green

Bronze

Post by green » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:52 pm

YCrevolution wrote:So the past residents of my apartment are deadbeats. To date, there's been demand letters from the IRS, VA, Charlottesville, and a few other assorted companies and government agencies for them. Today, however, tops it all; I came back from grocery shopping to find a summons (for an ex-tenant) on my door to appear in court for a wage garnishment hearing. The amount owed is nothing to sneer at.

I just hope the loan sharks don't bust down my door one night and kill me in a case of mistaken identity.
I found a bunch of bills for the previous tenant of my apartment, but that is just ridiculous.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:25 pm

jasofbase2001 wrote:I like and respect Chipolte, and you may think I'm blasphemous... but I think our forum overhypes it quite a bit.
+1.

I went hiking off the Skyline Drive this past weekend and saw both a rattlesnake (partially blocking the trail...I might have cried a little before my SO convinced me to move slowly and swiftly around it) and a black bear (which I frantically scared off by screaming and clapping whilst making myself look as large as possible). Ironically, the snake looked like it could care less about me and didn't even feel threatened enough to shake its rattle and the bear was already heading away from us when I did my schitzo clapping/screaming number. Virginia wildlife and I are going to get along just fine :D

green

Bronze

Post by green » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:47 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:
jasofbase2001 wrote:I like and respect Chipolte, and you may think I'm blasphemous... but I think our forum overhypes it quite a bit.
+1.

I went hiking off the Skyline Drive this past weekend and saw both a rattlesnake (partially blocking the trail...I might have cried a little before my SO convinced me to move slowly and swiftly around it) and a black bear (which I frantically scared off by screaming and clapping whilst making myself look as large as possible). Ironically, the snake looked like it could care less about me and didn't even feel threatened enough to shake its rattle and the bear was already heading away from us when I did my schitzo clapping/screaming number. Virginia wildlife and I are going to get along just fine :D
I may have posted this a while back, but I was camping at high altitude one time (12,000 ft) and must have gotten a little bit delirious from the lack of oxygen because from about 11PM to 4AM I was convinced that a bear was outside my tent growling and trying to claw its way in. I eventually started doing the clapping and shouting noises to make it go away, and then someone eventually told me to shut up and go to sleep because there were no bears outside. It turns out the growling noises I heard were people snoring and what I thought was clawing was just wind. I think I probably slept a total of 2 hours.

EyeBeeM

New

Post by EyeBeeM » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:49 pm

YCrevolution wrote:So the past residents of my apartment are deadbeats. To date, there's been demand letters from the IRS, VA, Charlottesville, and a few other assorted companies and government agencies for them. Today, however, tops it all; I came back from grocery shopping to find a summons (for an ex-tenant) on my door to appear in court for a wage garnishment hearing. The amount owed is nothing to sneer at.

I just hope the loan sharks don't bust down my door one night and kill me in a case of mistaken identity.
You may want to consider wearing a large sign that says "I am NOT <ex-tenant's name>" at all times for your own safety.

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:43 pm

So JSUVA, a.williams, and I are all moved in (and with internet now). We're going to have to get something going soon. I haven't checked the facebook group yet, but a meet up is definitely in store.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:46 pm

anybody heard an update about the 4% fees issue going on with SIS and Discover? I remember someone talking about that being possible adjusted.

lsatbobby

Bronze

Post by lsatbobby » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Just thought I'd share some interesting things I found out on my trip this weekend:

-Sections will be posted online (for the first time ever) next Thursday. They'll also be posted at the bookstore on Thurs or Fri
-You can get your ID now. I was able to get mine on Friday, and they told me to tell others to come on down.
-Try and get your computer orientation done at the law school ASAP. Apparently not many people have done theirs, which means there will be a mad rush to get it done during orientation.
-Gym memberships and other stuff we can do with our ID will be activated on August 17th.
-Lil Johns deli is freakin delicious (and has subs for $2), along w/ the samples at Harris Teeter.
-A $25 check for lockers will be needed at orientation

will let you know if I remember anything else...

polaris769

New

Post by polaris769 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:12 pm

My room-mate and I will reach Charlottesville this Saturday. Anyone interested in watching UFC 101 at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bar?

UFC 101- Non Title fight- Anderson Silva (middleweight champ) vs Forrest Griffin
Lightweight Title fight- BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm going to spend tonight alone, depressed, and feeling sorry for myself for not being in Charlottesville already. Anyone else want to join?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”