UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:46 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
green wrote:
limegreen wrote:Anyone else moving up soon?


I'm probably moving early next week (maybe Tuesday), provided I can get everything that I'm supposed to do at home done by then.


I'll be there Monday the 27th!


We'll have to plan another gathering!

User avatar
ILikeIke
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:53 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby ILikeIke » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Victoria's Secret has just added UVA to their "Collegiate Collection" --LinkRemoved--

Unfortunately, though, it's just some sweats and T-shirts- I was hoping for some orange and blue lingerie.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:35 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klp5zf
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby klp5zf » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Hey all,

Has anyone tried to use QuikPay to pay your tuition online? I logged into SIS to look at my bill, but it does not appear that my financial aid has been deducted. Should I pay the tuition minus my aid package? Or should I contact an admin?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all soon!

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 pm

ILikeIke wrote:Victoria's Secret has just added UVA to their "Collegiate Collection" --LinkRemoved--

Unfortunately, though, it's just some sweats and T-shirts- I was hoping for some orange and blue lingerie.

That's lame. All of their gear tells when UVA was founded, but what really matters is who UVA was founded by.

klp5zf wrote:Hey all,

Has anyone tried to use QuikPay to pay your tuition online? I logged into SIS to look at my bill, but it does not appear that my financial aid has been deducted. Should I pay the tuition minus my aid package? Or should I contact an admin?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all soon!

I don't think loans are supposed to appear yet.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 pm

..

User avatar
geoffree
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:39 pm

napolnic wrote:
Bosque wrote:You guys talk a lot, huh...

And now we'll pop up on your active topics all the time (unless we're already there).


I'm pretty sure we already pop up on his active topics. He's probably getting pretty annoyed by now.

User avatar
jase1348
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jase1348 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:59 pm

anyone moving in before august 1 that needs a couch? it's pretty nice, dark green, standard size in good condition. i'll give it to any of you guys for free but you have to come pick it up

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:42 pm

limegreen wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
green wrote:
limegreen wrote:Anyone else moving up soon?


I'm probably moving early next week (maybe Tuesday), provided I can get everything that I'm supposed to do at home done by then.


I'll be there Monday the 27th!


We'll have to plan another gathering!



Ahh I have so long before I can move up! Three weeks. I'm jealous of everyone whose already up there.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:25 am

..

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:19 am

jase1348 wrote:anyone moving in before august 1 that needs a couch? it's pretty nice, dark green, standard size in good condition. i'll give it to any of you guys for free but you have to come pick it up


Might be interested...would it be a good basement couch? Meaning...could it fit down a tight staircase?

jasofbase2001
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jasofbase2001 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:59 am

geoffree wrote:
green wrote:
abm256 wrote:The Law School posted a video geared toward incoming 1Ls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeWofCOvwpk


I also like the "Jeffries and Jeffries" video that links from that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq953arLXUQ&NR=1

My personal favorite is Klarman


Funny shit. Did you see him on that Supreme Court special that was on PBS last year?


Caitlin Stapleton's intonation reminds me of something from the office. This isn't meant in a mean way at all... I'm just saying.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:58 am

jasofbase2001 wrote:
geoffree wrote:
green wrote:
abm256 wrote:The Law School posted a video geared toward incoming 1Ls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeWofCOvwpk


I also like the "Jeffries and Jeffries" video that links from that video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq953arLXUQ&NR=1

My personal favorite is Klarman


Funny shit. Did you see him on that Supreme Court special that was on PBS last year?


Caitlin Stapleton's intonation reminds me of something from the office. This isn't meant in a mean way at all... I'm just saying.


Looks and sounds exactly like my ex. :shock:

User avatar
Bosque
Posts: 1585
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Bosque » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 am

napolnic wrote:
Bosque wrote:You guys talk a lot, huh...

And now we'll pop up on your active topics all the time (unless we're already there).


Just making an observation. The thread is 217 pages long. It seemed like a lot.

User avatar
jase1348
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jase1348 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:25 am

JSUVA2012 wrote:
jase1348 wrote:anyone moving in before august 1 that needs a couch? it's pretty nice, dark green, standard size in good condition. i'll give it to any of you guys for free but you have to come pick it up


Might be interested...would it be a good basement couch? Meaning...could it fit down a tight staircase?


it could possibly work... it's somewhat bulky but we did get it through some small doorways. i think i have some pictures of people on it on fb if you want to see.

User avatar
hokie09
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:54 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby hokie09 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:56 am

I think I'm showing up around Aug 6, but will be back and forth a few times that week.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:54 am

hokie09 wrote:I think I'm showing up around Aug 6, but will be back and forth a few times that week.

I, too, might be pulling that wonderful trick. Because, you know, I like solitary four hour drives in complete silence. But, oh, that light at the end of the tunnel is so very bright.

green
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby green » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:44 pm

Anyone else get this email?

Dear Incoming Students,



Want to meet your classmates and do something good for the Charlottesville community before orientation even starts? If so, we would like you to be a part of the first Student Bar Association Public Service Day of the 2009-2010 school year on August 16th. The event will run from 10:30am to 2pm and volunteers will either be painting, roofing or doing other maintenance work for the Albemarle Housing Improvement Program, local Charlottesville public schools or another organization in need of some assistance around town. This is an incredible chance to really see how much of a difference you can make, while at the same time meeting great new friends. I highly encourage you to participate.

Because we have to arrange volunteer opportunities with specific local organizations and plan for carpooling and food, it is important that we have an accurate head count in advance. Plus all students participating will get a t-shirt! Please contact Peggy Nicholson (pn5z@virginia.edu) with any questions and to RSVP by July 31st. This event will be over in time to attend the movie event with Professor Coughlin or the lecture event with Professor Garrett should you be planning on attending that as well.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.



Best,

Daniel
--
Daniel J. Rosenthal

President, Student Bar Association
University of Virginia School of Law
Class of 2010
drosenthal@virginia.edu

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 pm

Yes, I got it. And I got one from the bookstore about some new UVA football T-shirt on sale. Yay?

FeElMyEiRe
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby FeElMyEiRe » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:12 pm

green wrote:Anyone else get this email?

Dear Incoming Students,



Want to meet your classmates and do something good for the Charlottesville community before orientation even starts? If so, we would like you to be a part of the first Student Bar Association Public Service Day of the 2009-2010 school year on August 16th. The event will run from 10:30am to 2pm and volunteers will either be painting, roofing or doing other maintenance work for the Albemarle Housing Improvement Program, local Charlottesville public schools or another organization in need of some assistance around town. This is an incredible chance to really see how much of a difference you can make, while at the same time meeting great new friends. I highly encourage you to participate.

Because we have to arrange volunteer opportunities with specific local organizations and plan for carpooling and food, it is important that we have an accurate head count in advance. Plus all students participating will get a t-shirt! Please contact Peggy Nicholson (pn5z@virginia.edu) with any questions and to RSVP by July 31st. This event will be over in time to attend the movie event with Professor Coughlin or the lecture event with Professor Garrett should you be planning on attending that as well.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.



Best,

Daniel
--
Daniel J. Rosenthal

President, Student Bar Association
University of Virginia School of Law
Class of 2010
drosenthal@virginia.edu


Anybody else going to this? Sounds like a fun, fulfilling way to start off our law school careers

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:47 pm

FeElMyEiRe wrote:
green wrote:Anyone else get this email?

Dear Incoming Students,



Want to meet your classmates and do something good for the Charlottesville community before orientation even starts? If so, we would like you to be a part of the first Student Bar Association Public Service Day of the 2009-2010 school year on August 16th. The event will run from 10:30am to 2pm and volunteers will either be painting, roofing or doing other maintenance work for the Albemarle Housing Improvement Program, local Charlottesville public schools or another organization in need of some assistance around town. This is an incredible chance to really see how much of a difference you can make, while at the same time meeting great new friends. I highly encourage you to participate.

Because we have to arrange volunteer opportunities with specific local organizations and plan for carpooling and food, it is important that we have an accurate head count in advance. Plus all students participating will get a t-shirt! Please contact Peggy Nicholson (pn5z@virginia.edu) with any questions and to RSVP by July 31st. This event will be over in time to attend the movie event with Professor Coughlin or the lecture event with Professor Garrett should you be planning on attending that as well.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and I look forward to meeting you all in the fall.



Best,

Daniel
--
Daniel J. Rosenthal

President, Student Bar Association
University of Virginia School of Law
Class of 2010
drosenthal@virginia.edu


Anybody else going to this? Sounds like a fun, fulfilling way to start off our law school careers


Could be fun. Also, what do we know about the bolded?

edit: nevermind, apparently I haven't obsessed about the orientation schedule enough because it's clearly written as the first (optional) events.

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:51 pm

napolnic wrote:Could be fun. Also, what do we know about the bolded?

edit: nevermind, apparently I haven't obsessed about the orientation schedule enough because it's clearly written as the first (optional) events.


What's the movie?

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:55 pm

a.williams wrote:
napolnic wrote:Could be fun. Also, what do we know about the bolded?

edit: nevermind, apparently I haven't obsessed about the orientation schedule enough because it's clearly written as the first (optional) events.


What's the movie?

Both the movie and the topic are listed as TBA. (actually, the schedule says "Move: TBA", but it's pretty clear what they meant)

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:01 pm

napolnic wrote:
a.williams wrote:
napolnic wrote:Could be fun. Also, what do we know about the bolded?

edit: nevermind, apparently I haven't obsessed about the orientation schedule enough because it's clearly written as the first (optional) events.


What's the movie?

Both the movie and the topic are listed as TBA. (actually, the schedule says "Move: TBA", but it's pretty clear what they meant)


I hope its good and possibly not law related.

abm256
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby abm256 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:06 pm

a.williams wrote:
napolnic wrote:
a.williams wrote:
napolnic wrote:Could be fun. Also, what do we know about the bolded?

edit: nevermind, apparently I haven't obsessed about the orientation schedule enough because it's clearly written as the first (optional) events.


What's the movie?

Both the movie and the topic are listed as TBA. (actually, the schedule says "Move: TBA", but it's pretty clear what they meant)


I hope its good and possibly not law related.


Last year it was Gattaca.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest