UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
rdt854
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby rdt854 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:27 pm

gladiator wrote:
rdt854 wrote:Hey, anyone browsing this board, if you play Tennis and wana play a couple of times per week, that would be tremendous. Id much rather play with a law student then some random. PS me if your interested


I'm going out of town Wednesday, maybe when I get back next week. I just got back into playing tennis though so not that good.


perfect, im intermediate as well. Won't be in C'ville for a couple weeks tho, because I move in august 8th... PM me your contact info?

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:22 am

I talked with one of the nice ladies in Financial Aid today and figured I would pass on this information to all of you because I didn't know where to find it.

If you would like your excess loan money to be directly deposited into your bank account on August 7, we need to fill out and return a form to Human Resources. The link is:
http://www.hrs.virginia.edu/forms.html#payroll and is the direct deposit one. There is no deadline stated on the form, but I would assume turning it in by July 24 would be the safe bet.

If you don't get it directly deposited, it will probably take about 10-14 days for you to get the check from the school and another couple days for the check to clear.

Hope this helps.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:04 am

does anyone know about how much a cab from CHO to near campus runs?

I took a cab from the airport and it was $25 (at midnight, FWIW).

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:55 am

rdt854 wrote:Hey, anyone browsing this board, if you play Tennis and wana play a couple of times per week, that would be tremendous. Id much rather play with a law student then some random. PS me if your interested


Similar question, but does anyone lift frequently? I just started a couple months ago and unfortunately am taking some time off now to heal a shoulder injury. But I'd love to find a regular gym partner during the school year. I'm still a beginning lifter but I'm not lazy nor a frequent skipper.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 am

JSUVA2012 wrote:
rdt854 wrote:Hey, anyone browsing this board, if you play Tennis and wana play a couple of times per week, that would be tremendous. Id much rather play with a law student then some random. PS me if your interested


Similar question, but does anyone lift frequently? I just started a couple months ago and unfortunately am taking some time off now to heal a shoulder injury. But I'd love to find a regular gym partner during the school year. I'm still a beginning lifter but I'm not lazy nor a frequent skipper.

I've been pretty steadily lifting since getting out of UG, although I'm not exactly what people would call an 'intense' lifter (though I get to the gym four times a week, the intensity varies on how I feel that day). That said, if you want a partner who makes you feel great about how much you lift, I'm probably your man.

User avatar
Jim_Stansel
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Jim_Stansel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:59 am

napolnic wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
rdt854 wrote:Hey, anyone browsing this board, if you play Tennis and wana play a couple of times per week, that would be tremendous. Id much rather play with a law student then some random. PS me if your interested


Similar question, but does anyone lift frequently? I just started a couple months ago and unfortunately am taking some time off now to heal a shoulder injury. But I'd love to find a regular gym partner during the school year. I'm still a beginning lifter but I'm not lazy nor a frequent skipper.

I've been pretty steadily lifting since getting out of UG, although I'm not exactly what people would call an 'intense' lifter (though I get to the gym four times a week, the intensity varies on how I feel that day). That said, if you want a partner who makes you feel great about how much you lift, I'm probably your man.


I love tennis and lifting (squash and basketball too).

I lift 3-4 times a week (basically every other day). I'm not big or a power lifter by any means. I like to warm up 5 min cardio and go really hard on just a few different lifts, getting in and out in about 45 min.

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:56 am

Jim_Stansel wrote:
napolnic wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
rdt854 wrote:Hey, anyone browsing this board, if you play Tennis and wana play a couple of times per week, that would be tremendous. Id much rather play with a law student then some random. PS me if your interested


Similar question, but does anyone lift frequently? I just started a couple months ago and unfortunately am taking some time off now to heal a shoulder injury. But I'd love to find a regular gym partner during the school year. I'm still a beginning lifter but I'm not lazy nor a frequent skipper.

I've been pretty steadily lifting since getting out of UG, although I'm not exactly what people would call an 'intense' lifter (though I get to the gym four times a week, the intensity varies on how I feel that day). That said, if you want a partner who makes you feel great about how much you lift, I'm probably your man.


I love tennis and lifting (squash and basketball too).

I lift 3-4 times a week (basically every other day). I'm not big or a power lifter by any means. I like to warm up 5 min cardio and go really hard on just a few different lifts, getting in and out in about 45 min.


I lift 3-4 times a day, picking up the remote to turn on the tv. Does this count?

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:07 am

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:07 pm

a.williams wrote:I talked with one of the nice ladies in Financial Aid today and figured I would pass on this information to all of you because I didn't know where to find it.

If you would like your excess loan money to be directly deposited into your bank account on August 7, we need to fill out and return a form to Human Resources. The link is:
http://www.hrs.virginia.edu/forms.html#payroll and is the direct deposit one. There is no deadline stated on the form, but I would assume turning it in by July 24 would be the safe bet.

If you don't get it directly deposited, it will probably take about 10-14 days for you to get the check from the school and another couple days for the check to clear.

Hope this helps.


you sir, are a hero. or at least the author of a very helpful post

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 pm

iceberger wrote:
a.williams wrote:I talked with one of the nice ladies in Financial Aid today and figured I would pass on this information to all of you because I didn't know where to find it.

If you would like your excess loan money to be directly deposited into your bank account on August 7, we need to fill out and return a form to Human Resources. The link is:
http://www.hrs.virginia.edu/forms.html#payroll and is the direct deposit one. There is no deadline stated on the form, but I would assume turning it in by July 24 would be the safe bet.

If you don't get it directly deposited, it will probably take about 10-14 days for you to get the check from the school and another couple days for the check to clear.

Hope this helps.


you sir, are a hero. or at least the author of a very helpful post


no problem and i would love to be a part of your wolf pack (great movie)

green
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby green » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:12 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
rdt854 wrote:Hey, anyone browsing this board, if you play Tennis and wana play a couple of times per week, that would be tremendous. Id much rather play with a law student then some random. PS me if your interested


Similar question, but does anyone lift frequently? I just started a couple months ago and unfortunately am taking some time off now to heal a shoulder injury. But I'd love to find a regular gym partner during the school year. I'm still a beginning lifter but I'm not lazy nor a frequent skipper.


I used to lift a lot in the winter, but recently I've been swimming every day. Not really sure what I'm doing in law school.

jasofbase2001
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jasofbase2001 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:42 pm

summer is getting really boring.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:32 pm

jasofbase2001 wrote:summer is getting really boring.

This month will get interesting for me; I have to get all my ducks in a row before moving, and there are a lot of ducks...

User avatar
hokie09
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:54 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby hokie09 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:57 pm

quack

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm

are you:
a) a duck?
b) watching me right now?

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Kat86
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Kat86 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Hey has anyone applied w/ Wachovia for their loans? Also, when exactly do you accept your loans on SIS, after your appproved for the loan or just once you have applied? Eeek I can't believe how soon law school starts!

User avatar
SteelersandGators
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby SteelersandGators » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 pm

the final Director's Cup standings were announced yesterday....they rank the most successful athletic programs each year.

notable/awesome schools are bolded

1) Stanford
2) UNC
3) Florida
4) USC
5) Michigan
6) Texas
7) California
8) Virginia
9) LSU
10) Ohio State

http://www.nacda.com/

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Can someone please explain to me how the digital certificate works? I thought if I downloaded it and put it in Firefox it would not make me sign into netbadge every time, but it still does. Did I do something wrong? Is that not what it does?

EDIT:
Nevermind! I realized that there is a place to click "Login with Netbadge Certificate" and it works like a charm.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:29 pm

limegreen wrote:Can someone please explain to me how the digital certificate works? I thought if I downloaded it and put it in Firefox it would not make me sign into netbadge every time, but it still does. Did I do something wrong? Is that not what it does?

EDIT:
Nevermind! I realized that there is a place to click "Login with Netbadge Certificate" and it works like a charm.

Hmmm... I got it to work with Firefox, but does anyone smarter than me know why I can't get it to work with Chrome?

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 pm

SteelersandGators wrote:the final Director's Cup standings were announced yesterday....they rank the most successful athletic programs each year.

notable/awesome schools are bolded

1) Stanford
2) UNC
3) Florida
4) USC
5) Michigan
6) Texas
7) California
8) Virginia
9) LSU
10) Ohio State
11) Washington

http://www.nacda.com/


Fixed. Go Dawgs!!!

(That was rude of you to stop at number ten)

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Cavalier wrote:
SteelersandGators wrote:the final Director's Cup standings were announced yesterday....they rank the most successful athletic programs each year.

notable/awesome schools are bolded

1) Stanford
2) UNC
3) Florida
4) USC
5) Michigan
6) Texas
7) California
8) Virginia
9) LSU
10) Ohio State
11) Washington

http://www.nacda.com/


Fixed. Go Dawgs!!!

(That was rude of you to stop at number ten)


Why stop there?

...
117. William and Mary
...

Go tribe (?)

God, it's going to be nice to have an actually good sports franchise on my resume.

User avatar
rdt854
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby rdt854 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey, so someone had a great idea to get an email list together comprised of names and emails of people interested in Tennis during the semester. Already have a bunch, so if your interested or know someone who's not on TLS who might be, tell them to contact me. PM me for my email

User avatar
crazyinalabama
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby crazyinalabama » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:43 pm

applepie wrote:wow..just caught up with the thread

im excited to be moving in soon (July 17) and was wondering about airport transportation

does anyone know about how much a cab from CHO to near campus runs? are there any cheaper student versions? what about from Richmond?

I cant seem to find much useful info online other than a cab company name (i always remember to think about this after working hours) and am otherwise clueless about flying (UG was only 4 hours from home)

Thinking of starting an airport ride club....



http://www.accesstaxi.info/

I used this service when I had to take a cab at 5am Saturday morning after ASW. The guy was really nice and $10 cheaper than the cab I caught outside of the airport the day I arrived. Plus you can set it up online and they are there on-time (or 10 mins early in my case). If you were getting there a day later I could give you a ride from the airport! Also, do rabbits travel by plane?

User avatar
SteelersandGators
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby SteelersandGators » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:12 pm

Cavalier wrote:
SteelersandGators wrote:the final Director's Cup standings were announced yesterday....they rank the most successful athletic programs each year.

notable/awesome schools are bolded

1) Stanford
2) UNC
3) Florida
4) USC
5) Michigan
6) Texas
7) California
8) Virginia
9) LSU
10) Ohio State
11) Washington

http://www.nacda.com/


Fixed. Go Dawgs!!!

(That was rude of you to stop at number ten)


I should have known to rank the top 14 b/c i'm on TLS

User avatar
rdt854
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby rdt854 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Kat86 wrote:Hey has anyone applied w/ Wachovia for their loans? Also, when exactly do you accept your loans on SIS, after your appproved for the loan or just once you have applied? Eeek I can't believe how soon law school starts!


I accepted them on SIS, filled out the lender promissory note, sent that in, and just got a response saying they received it. I think i chose PNC bank, but the consensus so far has been discover? I don't know... the whole process seems hashed together pretty half assed... I ended up calling the financial aid office and making them walk me through it like a 5 year old. good luck!




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests