UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Gosh, this past week has been so busy. I've been digging up all the practice finals for 1L classes I could find, and have just started writing responses to torts and civil procedure questions. They are much tougher than any college finals I've taken, but after going through each E&E twice in the past few months (as well as memorizing the text of several hundred court cases), I think I could probably get above the curve now. Hopefully by the time December rolls around I'll be able to score perfectly on all of my final exams. I'll undoubtedly spend winter break committing the blue book rules to memory.

Law review, here I come!!!

User avatar
Rainmaker11
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Rainmaker11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm

thesealocust wrote:Has anyone read the tips for law school success posted under the articles section of TLS (main page, not forum)? It starts innocently, but by the end it has gone full-gunner and says flat out you are guaranteed to get As if you read all of the hornbooks and E&Es and bla bla bla during the summer before law school. Seems to fly in the face of anything I've actually heard from law students...

Also, I fantasize more often about the barracks road shopping center than about any other part of next year.


It cannot be mentally healthy to be so intense during the middle of the summer. Hopefully the gunner presence will be at a minimum at UVA.

So, what exactly will we be doing during orientation?

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Cavalier wrote:Gosh, this past week has been so busy. I've been digging up all the practice finals for 1L classes I could find, and have just started writing responses to torts and civil procedure questions. They are much tougher than any college finals I've taken, but after going through each E&E twice in the past few months (as well as memorizing the text of several hundred court cases), I think I could probably get above the curve now. Hopefully by the time December rolls around I'll be able to score perfectly on all of my final exams. I'll undoubtedly spend winter break committing the blue book rules to memory.

Law review, here I come!!!


Geez dude, I've already taken every 1L final and studied for the bar. You're so far behind, kid.

User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:15 pm

That's quite a bold statement.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Rainmaker11 wrote:Hopefully the gunner presence will be at a minimum at UVA.


Hopefully we can make fun of gunning so mercilessly that it's not even an issue. I would assume UVA is among the least gunnerish schools anyway, though.

270910
Posts: 2437
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby 270910 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Rainmaker11 wrote:
thesealocust wrote:Has anyone read the tips for law school success posted under the articles section of TLS (main page, not forum)? It starts innocently, but by the end it has gone full-gunner and says flat out you are guaranteed to get As if you read all of the hornbooks and E&Es and bla bla bla during the summer before law school. Seems to fly in the face of anything I've actually heard from law students...

Also, I fantasize more often about the barracks road shopping center than about any other part of next year.


It cannot be mentally healthy to be so intense during the middle of the summer. Hopefully the gunner presence will be at a minimum at UVA.

So, what exactly will we be doing during orientation?


drinking heavily?

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Plenty of people read hornbooks and study hard and find themselves at or even below the median so don't assume there's any easy answer. I never bought or read a single hornbook and ended up doing pretty well so do what works for you. I'm not saying to ignore advice from people who have been through the process but definitely don't assume their successful strategy will work for you. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but for the most part, a decent factor in determining law school success is just the pure luck of whether concepts click for you.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:23 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Rainmaker11 wrote:
thesealocust wrote:Has anyone read the tips for law school success posted under the articles section of TLS (main page, not forum)? It starts innocently, but by the end it has gone full-gunner and says flat out you are guaranteed to get As if you read all of the hornbooks and E&Es and bla bla bla during the summer before law school. Seems to fly in the face of anything I've actually heard from law students...

Also, I fantasize more often about the barracks road shopping center than about any other part of next year.


It cannot be mentally healthy to be so intense during the middle of the summer. Hopefully the gunner presence will be at a minimum at UVA.

So, what exactly will we be doing during orientation?


drinking heavily?


I foresee BBQ/pool parties, meeting new people (especially all y'all), playing outdoors, and drinking. Pretty excited.

User avatar
rdt854
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby rdt854 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:24 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
Cavalier wrote:Gosh, this past week has been so busy. I've been digging up all the practice finals for 1L classes I could find, and have just started writing responses to torts and civil procedure questions. They are much tougher than any college finals I've taken, but after going through each E&E twice in the past few months (as well as memorizing the text of several hundred court cases), I think I could probably get above the curve now. Hopefully by the time December rolls around I'll be able to score perfectly on all of my final exams. I'll undoubtedly spend winter break committing the blue book rules to memory.

Law review, here I come!!!


Geez dude, I've already taken every 1L final and studied for the bar. You're so far behind, kid.


Yeah man, your playin with the big boys now, studying all the past exams so late in the summer is a rookie move. I memorized all of them word for word the first day of summer, and have spent the rest of my free time consuming egregious quantities of alcohol... and still havent forgotten a word. your so overmatched dude, you should give up now, because youll never beat me. I run this shit
Last edited by rdt854 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lsatbobby
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby lsatbobby » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Cavalier wrote:Gosh, this past week has been so busy. I've been digging up all the practice finals for 1L classes I could find, and have just started writing responses to torts and civil procedure questions. They are much tougher than any college finals I've taken, but after going through each E&E twice in the past few months (as well as memorizing the text of several hundred court cases), I think I could probably get above the curve now. Hopefully by the time December rolls around I'll be able to score perfectly on all of my final exams. I'll undoubtedly spend winter break committing the blue book rules to memory.

Law review, here I come!!!


I didnt read the posts that prefaced this, and you really had me believing this for the first couple of sentences.

User avatar
iamjikem
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iamjikem » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I just want to post on this page as it matches my LSAT score. :D


^^^^ 10 pages ago

I'm so glad I am able to participate, too! I just realized that I can now post for my score! I had to wait ten more pages to get the satisfaction of posting on the page corresponding with my LSAT score.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 pm

This is now my 4th post on the page of my LSAT score. :P :D :lol:

User avatar
rdt854
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby rdt854 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:38 pm

iamjikem wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:I just want to post on this page as it matches my LSAT score. :D


^^^^ 10 pages ago

I'm so glad I am able to participate, too! I just realized that I can now post for my score! I had to wait ten more pages to get the satisfaction of posting on the page corresponding with my LSAT score.


180? pshhh you clearly forgot to answer the bonus question that asked you to list ten ways to be a douche bag... I dominated that shit and got a 187, I rock so hard

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

rdt854 wrote:
iamjikem wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:I just want to post on this page as it matches my LSAT score. :D


^^^^ 10 pages ago

I'm so glad I am able to participate, too! I just realized that I can now post for my score! I had to wait ten more pages to get the satisfaction of posting on the page corresponding with my LSAT score.


180? pshhh you clearly forgot to answer the bonus question that asked you to list ten ways to be a douche bag... I dominated that shit and got a 187, I rock so hard


You got a 187 because you murdered it, right?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

..

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:41 pm

thesealocust wrote:Would it be too soon to plan a glorious pool-party-barbeque-TLS-techno-dance-party for sometime during or just before orientation?


No. Never too soon.

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Good catch on the LSAT score, I almost missed the chance to point out my 180. I'm really waiting for a couple more pages to pass on by though, when the number will correspond with how many 1L practice exams I've taken in the past few weeks here. Two months till game time, right?

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something. Ivy and Jeffersonian are more along the lines of a motel pool minus the dead body.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 pm

gladiator wrote:Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something.


*summons Limegreen*

User avatar
iamjikem
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iamjikem » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:47 pm

gladiator wrote:Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something. Ivy and Jeffersonian are more along the lines of a motel pool minus the dead body.


How about the pools at University Heights? I don't expect much more than the motel pool minus the dead body, but maybe I'll be surprised. Do you know, Gladiator?

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:50 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
gladiator wrote:Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something.


*summons Limegreen*



I'm moving into woodlands ~August 7th. I have to say the pool was a great selling feature

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

iceberger wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
gladiator wrote:Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something.


*summons Limegreen*



I'm moving into woodlands ~August 7th. I have to say the pool was a great selling feature


Wow, it looks like a country club. :shock:

But if it's anything like one I'll probably get kicked out.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:55 pm

thesealocust wrote:seriously, can we have a murder-suicide pact about ever discussing the LSAT [in the context of our performance on it] again?


I always feel dirty if it comes up in conversations, even with random people. Like asking someone how much money they make.

User avatar
iamjikem
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iamjikem » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:00 pm

So, revisiting an old subject (sorry :oops: ), it seems like the consensus for lender is Discover. Were there specific reasons why Discover over another lender? I'm behind on this and just finally really getting around to researching it.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest