UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
hokie09
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:54 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby hokie09 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:59 pm

I have one of those cameras and do know how to use it! I'd be glad to show you some basics :)

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:03 pm

hokie09 wrote:I have one of those cameras and do know how to use it! I'd be glad to show you some basics :)


That would be fantastic! Thanks!

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

lsatbobby
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby lsatbobby » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:55 pm

^jealous..i just picked up another useless major

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:59 pm

lsatbobby wrote:^jealous..i just picked up another useless major

Yeah, I made that mistake too; and it ended up with me having WAY too many credit hours ever semester while my friends took courses like "Adventure Games".

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:11 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:13 pm

I took a class on conspiracy theory film in the fall. The only grade was a final 4 page term paper, which I wrote about Men in Black. Great class.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:14 pm

I did exactly the minimum number of credits and graduated a semester early.

UVA has a class called Espionage and Intelligence in the 20th Century though which was cool. It was taught by a guy who I believe was the Chief Historian for the CIA. It was a substantive class but one of the assignments worth like 10 or 20% of our grade was to watch any spy movie and write a review.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 pm

I screwed around so much my first two years of undergrad, I had to take real classes my last year. :cry:

I'm excited to take one or two classes at the undergrad, since I've never been to a school with the kind of resources or variety of classes I assume UVA has.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:21 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:31 pm

They're not required but it's strongly encouraged that you take a few other classes like Evidence, Corporations, and Federal Income Tax at some point. A lot of people took 1 of them as a 1L elective.

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:35 pm

gladiator wrote:They're not required but it's strongly encouraged that you take a few other classes like Evidence, Corporations, and Federal Income Tax at some point. A lot of people took 1 of them as a 1L elective.



you can take evidence as a 1L elective?

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:38 pm

iceberger wrote:
gladiator wrote:They're not required but it's strongly encouraged that you take a few other classes like Evidence, Corporations, and Federal Income Tax at some point. A lot of people took 1 of them as a 1L elective.



you can take evidence as a 1L elective?


Yes. You can take any class as a 1L elective (pending prerequisites that block you).

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:08 pm

My UG did not have but a handful of "cool" classes each semester and they were never really that cool at all. I guess it was because it's a small school, but it was very disappointing.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:45 pm

I guess the only "cool" classes I ever took was "Italian Detective Novels". Well, then there was "Tolkien and Philology" where the final project was to create a language and then write a 20 to 30 page complete or semi-complete grammar of that language. Linguistics, FTW!

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:26 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crazyinalabama
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby crazyinalabama » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Does anyone know when we can apply to get parking? I was looking around on LawWeb and it had the parking lottery results. I was just wondering when the lottery begins for fall.

I spent the entire day cleaning my apartment so it can be shown to perspective renters...cleaning an oven is gross and I don't recommend it. I will be buying a self-cleaning oven when I'm an attorney!

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:01 pm

From what I recall, the parking lottery isn't until the beginning of the year. I think there was a grace period of about a month where you could park without a pass.

User avatar
crazyinalabama
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby crazyinalabama » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 pm

gladiator wrote:From what I recall, the parking lottery isn't until the beginning of the year. I think there was a grace period of about a month where you could park without a pass.


Thanks!

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:20 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:
gladiator wrote:From what I recall, the parking lottery isn't until the beginning of the year. I think there was a grace period of about a month where you could park without a pass.


Thanks!


Anyone know what the policy is on getting a good spot by the school for 1Ls? I saw something about being able to get one if you have a toddler or some other kind of need but I was just wondering what qualifies or who you would talk to about something like that anyway.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:29 pm

limegreen wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:
gladiator wrote:From what I recall, the parking lottery isn't until the beginning of the year. I think there was a grace period of about a month where you could park without a pass.


Thanks!


Anyone know what the policy is on getting a good spot by the school for 1Ls? I saw something about being able to get one if you have a toddler or some other kind of need but I was just wondering what qualifies or who you would talk to about something like that anyway.

Planning on having a kid for a better spot?

User avatar
crazyinalabama
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby crazyinalabama » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:31 pm

napolnic wrote:
limegreen wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:
gladiator wrote:From what I recall, the parking lottery isn't until the beginning of the year. I think there was a grace period of about a month where you could park without a pass.


Thanks!


Anyone know what the policy is on getting a good spot by the school for 1Ls? I saw something about being able to get one if you have a toddler or some other kind of need but I was just wondering what qualifies or who you would talk to about something like that anyway.

Planning on having a kid for a better spot?


Hmm....I wonder if my scoliosis would qualify me as needy of a better parking spot...can't be lugging my backpack up hills after all :D

lsatbobby
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:27 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby lsatbobby » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:26 pm

thesealocust wrote:That sounds fantastic! I'm kind of wondering if the last 2 years at LS can be like that too... it doesn't really sound like there are many (any?) requirements past 1L, so even if they're all law related, I bet we have the chance to take some really cool courses.


I actually was looking over the course listing last night and trying to put together the most random schedule possible...if employers wouldn't think i was nuts, id only be taking classes like "ballots, baseballs, and bombers" and "rhetoric". my luck, they'd end up being tough.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest