UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
green
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby green » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:53 pm

geoffree wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:I just got back from camping for 3 days and hiking got me really excited for Virginia next month!


Yay for camping and all things foresty. Were you camping in Alabama? Out here in Virginia it's possible to score morels, the tastiest mushrooms I've ever had.

I'll be road tripping starting sometime next week... trying to keep it as spontaneous as possible.


Haha, my road trip plans for Seattle ended up falling through, so I'm probably going to be hiking in NH quite a bit instead. I can't wait to go hiking in VA!

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:16 am

Downtown Mall is weird because there are a number of shops and restaurants and it's quite yuppie-ish but at the same time the surrounding area looks pretty city-like and it does attract a weird crowd at times. It's kind of a weird mix between a typical urban area and a really nice shop area in an upper class area.

Has anyone else moved in yet/moving in soon besides limegreen?

Also, UVA vs. Arkansas tomorrow 7 PM EST on ESPN2, another elimination game.

green
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby green » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:23 am

gladiator wrote:Downtown Mall is weird because there are a number of shops and restaurants and it's quite yuppie-ish but at the same time the surrounding area looks pretty city-like and it does attract a weird crowd at times. It's kind of a weird mix between a typical urban area and a really nice shop area in an upper class area.

Has anyone else moved in yet/moving in soon besides limegreen?

Also, UVA vs. Arkansas tomorrow 7 PM EST on ESPN2, another elimination game.


I'm not moving my stuff in for another month, but then I can move in anytime I want after that. Is it worth it to move in that early?

green
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby green » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:25 am

jasofbase2001 wrote:it'll be interesting to find out everyone's true identity at some point.


Ha, I kind of like the anonymity for now, though anyone in the UVA facebook group could probably guess who I am at this point.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:26 am

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 am

I know pretty much everyone who posts in this thread and I think everyone knows me. My anonymity was shot like 2000 posts ago.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:28 am

green wrote:
gladiator wrote:Downtown Mall is weird because there are a number of shops and restaurants and it's quite yuppie-ish but at the same time the surrounding area looks pretty city-like and it does attract a weird crowd at times. It's kind of a weird mix between a typical urban area and a really nice shop area in an upper class area.

Has anyone else moved in yet/moving in soon besides limegreen?

Also, UVA vs. Arkansas tomorrow 7 PM EST on ESPN2, another elimination game.


I'm not moving my stuff in for another month, but then I can move in anytime I want after that. Is it worth it to move in that early?


Things probably don't/won't pick up until late July/early August.

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:29 am

i think my 20 or so Mississippi posts gave me away to anyone who is facebook stalking long ago. although i have changed my primary facebook network to UVA...

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:32 am

Well I just got back from VA for the third time in two weeks. I can't wait to get settled in Charlottesville even though I wasn't there this time.

Can't wait to meet people as well, although I'm pretty sure you all could figure out whom I am at this point.

green
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby green » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:37 am

JSUVA2012 wrote:I know pretty much everyone who posts in this thread and I think everyone knows me. My anonymity was shot like 2000 posts ago.


6300 posts? Holy Christ.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:42 am

green wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:I know pretty much everyone who posts in this thread and I think everyone knows me. My anonymity was shot like 2000 posts ago.


6300 posts? Holy Christ.


Tell me about it. I have been here for quite a while, though, since I was originally applying in the 2007-2008 cycle. Once I started my (boring) job, the TLS posting went from occasional to every day. :oops:

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:46 am

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:50 am

thesealocust wrote:
You may have been easy to spot to the trained eye, but you still didn't man up and put your user name on your ID at admitted student's weekend *shakes head in shame*


Haha. I didn't think anyone even read the thread that morning.

BTW, I apologize if I came off like a dick to you then, I didn't know who you were! (Other than some dude calling me a pussy.)

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:53 am

JSUVA2012 wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
You may have been easy to spot to the trained eye, but you still didn't man up and put your user name on your ID at admitted student's weekend *shakes head in shame*


Haha. I didn't think anyone even read the thread that morning.

BTW, I apologize if I came off like a dick to you then, I didn't know who you were! (Other than some dude calling me a pussy.)


That's not the UVA way ... I guess I was nicer to the seal because he was calling me "famous" for some reason.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:03 am

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:05 am

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 am

Anyone know approximately what a semesters worth of new books will cost from the bookstore? Just curious as I'm trying to break down my costs compared to what I am going to have with my loans, considering UVA budgets $1,800 for the year.

Edit: Do any UVA professors have their own casebooks that we would use in 1L classes?
Last edited by a.williams on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:10 am

thesealocust wrote:Also: Will anybody have a pool? If so, I think we should get a TLS radio-controlled-snack float. And a pirate flag for it.

Image

http://sellout.woot.com/Default.aspx?Wo ... f47ef0b69f

Man I'm getting bored...


:shock: wow, i pledge $20 to whatever activity involves that

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 am

I just want to post on this page as it matches my LSAT score. :D

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:18 am

^^^this page is going fast, good catch

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:33 am

jasofbase2001 wrote:it'll be interesting to find out everyone's true identity at some point.


I'm Batman! :mrgreen:

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:35 am

vanwinkle wrote:
jasofbase2001 wrote:it'll be interesting to find out everyone's true identity at some point.


I'm Batman! :mrgreen:


George Clooney version or Christain Bale?

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:35 am

a.williams wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
jasofbase2001 wrote:it'll be interesting to find out everyone's true identity at some point.


I'm Batman! :mrgreen:


George Clooney version or Christain Bale?


Michael Keaton. Suave enough to play Bruce Wayne but insane enough to believably wear a rubber bat costume at night.

User avatar
a.williams
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:38 am

vanwinkle wrote:
a.williams wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
jasofbase2001 wrote:it'll be interesting to find out everyone's true identity at some point.


I'm Batman! :mrgreen:


George Clooney version or Christain Bale?


Michael Keaton. Suave enough to play Bruce Wayne but insane enough to believably wear a rubber bat costume at night.


Good answer! He graduated from my high school ... had to change his name though, there was already a Michael Douglas.

jasofbase2001
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jasofbase2001 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 am

Anyone notice Dean Mahoney's teaching a section of contracts? It'd be cool to be in that class.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest