UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
vanwinkle

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:49 am

crazyinalabama wrote:It's hopeless...every time I think I will take the time to catch up on TLS, you people have gone and messaged 10 more pages! It looks like all I've missed is a mindless discussion between a gunner/troll about what can be categorized as a "bump" versus an assault and perhaps the iphone and new mac.

Here is my question/thoughts about buying a new mac from apple: I'm trying to decide whether to buy the mac bundle from UVA or purchase my own mac next year; has anyone considered that even if you buy apple care for 3 years the closest apple store is in Richmond? This concerns me only because I know that if I don't buy my computer from UVA my current (or future one) will die during exams week and I won't have a computer...thoughts? Is this a serious concern or did I somehow overlook a new apple store coming to Charlottesville?

If this has already been discussed, ignore me since I have fallen behind on the board...damn summer and the good weather that keeps me outdoors!

We've debated the bundles a lot on here back and forth. While I've been against it for a long time, I think I'm about to break down and buy the mac bundle now, because I really like the idea of their free loaner laptops and in-the-law-school service if you buy the bundle. It costs slightly more, but the peace of mind should be worth it.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:55 am

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:13 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:It's hopeless...every time I think I will take the time to catch up on TLS, you people have gone and messaged 10 more pages! It looks like all I've missed is a mindless discussion between a gunner/troll about what can be categorized as a "bump" versus an assault and perhaps the iphone and new mac.

Here is my question/thoughts about buying a new mac from apple: I'm trying to decide whether to buy the mac bundle from UVA or purchase my own mac next year; has anyone considered that even if you buy apple care for 3 years the closest apple store is in Richmond? This concerns me only because I know that if I don't buy my computer from UVA my current (or future one) will die during exams week and I won't have a computer...thoughts? Is this a serious concern or did I somehow overlook a new apple store coming to Charlottesville?

If this has already been discussed, ignore me since I have fallen behind on the board...damn summer and the good weather that keeps me outdoors!

With the new lineup (13" Macbook), I think several of us agreed that buying from Apple was the better deal even including Apple Care, especially given their usual back to school promotions of free ipods.

Richmond is really not that far, so if you did have to take it in I don't think it would be a big deal. Apple has really great customer service. Also, if you aren't a Mac owner, remember that Macs don't have problems all the time like PCs. I have had this one for several years with no issues yet.

geoffree

Postby geoffree » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:17 pm

limegreen wrote:
With the new lineup (13" Macbook), I think several of us agreed that buying from Apple was the better deal even including Apple Care, especially given their usual back to school promotions of free ipods.

As someone else said many pages ago, it looks like the school promotion free ipod deal is also available if you get the mac from the school.

http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS09 ... -US_v4.pdf

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:38 pm

geoffree wrote:
limegreen wrote:

As someone else said many pages ago, it looks like the school promotion free ipod deal is also available if you get the mac from the school.

http://images.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS09 ... -US_v4.pdf

Oh, sorry, I guess I must have missed that.

I would still buy from Apple, but I'm weird so don't go by me.

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 pm

DELETED

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:47 pm

DELETED

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:49 pm

That is my mock ASU celebration.

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 pm

UVA elimination game tomorrow 2 PM EST against CS Fullerton.

iamjikem

Postby iamjikem » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:20 am

:?: :? :?:

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 am

iamjikem wrote:

I'm trying to track it down. Something about akin to 'economy sucks', but a tiny bit more nuanced than that, but not much.

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:31 am

iamjikem wrote:

It was kgustao and starts on page 140. At least, I think that's what was under discussion.

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:49 am

No, it was the argument about Marcus Epstein and whether he bumped a girl or assaulted her with a karate chop.

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:52 am

gladiator wrote:No, it was the argument about Marcus Epstein and whether he bumped a girl or assaulted her with a karate chop.

Oooh, yeah. That was a couple tens of pages later. Then Mallard got in a tizzy and Underdawg decided to post a couple more times. Good times, good times.

iceberger

Postby iceberger » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:04 pm

napolnic wrote:
gladiator wrote:No, it was the argument about Marcus Epstein and whether he bumped a girl or assaulted her with a karate chop.

Oooh, yeah. That was a couple tens of pages later. Then Mallard got in a tizzy and Underdawg decided to post a couple more times. Good times, good times.

Ah yes, I remember the epic switch to Chipotle that followed.

iamjikem

Postby iamjikem » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Oh, yeah. Now I remember. Thanks for clearing that up. This thread does move fast! I had almost forgotten about that (hence, my confusion).

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:10 pm

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:29 pm

For anyone of the class of 2011 (or I suppose any twelvers), does anyone plan on taking any kind of classes with the university unrelated to law? for example, language classes?

iceberger

Postby iceberger » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:32 pm

napolnic wrote:For anyone of the class of 2011 (or I suppose any twelvers), does anyone plan on taking any kind of classes with the university unrelated to law? for example, language classes?

+1 This is a great question. I read somewhere that up to 12 hours of other classes can count towards your J.D. I've been wondering if anyone did that.

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

napolnic wrote:For anyone of the class of 2011 (or I suppose any twelvers), does anyone plan on taking any kind of classes with the university unrelated to law? for example, language classes?

I don't plan to, too annoying to go to the undergrad buildings.

hokie09

Postby hokie09 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:32 pm

I really would like to take some language classes if at all possible...I was an International Studies major and would like to not get rusty. Anyone know about this?

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:41 pm

hokie09 wrote:I really would like to take some language classes if at all possible...I was an International Studies major and would like to not get rusty. Anyone know about this?

That's what I was wondering about. I'm not sure if it's feasible/advisable to do it 1L, at least first semester, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”