UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:53 pm

..

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:02 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
napolnic wrote:
iceberger wrote:
napolnic wrote:
Just for some reference, are you, in fact, an iceberg?



yes i am, it was actually a difficult decision not to attend cornell


We're glad you decided to drift south.

The result of global warming?


The South will rise again! (or at least our sea level?)

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
napolnic wrote:
iceberger wrote:
napolnic wrote:just for some reference, are you, in fact, an iceberg?

yes i am, it was actually a difficult decision not to attend cornell

We're glad you decided to drift south.

The result of global warming?


exactly

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:15 pm

showNprove wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't own any part of the exterior of the building. I have no say about satellite dishes, but I'm almost certain the owner's association does not allow them. I will confirm that for you.

$#!% me


I don't trust owner's associations. Just make friends with everyone. They might let you slide.

User avatar
applepie
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby applepie » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:17 pm

showNprove wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't own any part of the exterior of the building. I have no say about satellite dishes, but I'm almost certain the owner's association does not allow them. I will confirm that for you.

$#!% me


ohhh bummer!!!

User avatar
Z'Barron
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Z'Barron » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:19 pm

I soooooo want to join this list. I would pack and move immediately. I mean it! If I get into UVA, I am moving to D.C. for the summer and taking the train to Charlottesville in August.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:30 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:33 pm

showNprove wrote:
I will ask, but I served on that Board for lots of years, and they don't tend to make exceptions like this. In fact, I think they turned someone else down on this issue a few years ago. I'll get back to you after they respond to me.

$#!% me, $#!% me, $#!% me


$#!% me, too, man. And all five of us living in the complex. Those places are so great, I knew there had to be a catch. :cry:

So........Comcast?

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:38 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:40 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
showNprove wrote:
I will ask, but I served on that Board for lots of years, and they don't tend to make exceptions like this. In fact, I think they turned someone else down on this issue a few years ago. I'll get back to you after they respond to me.

$#!% me, $#!% me, $#!% me


$#!% me, too, man. And all five of us living in the complex. Those places are so great, I knew there had to be a catch. :cry:

So........Comcast?

Wait, are we talking about Arlington here?

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:41 pm

showNprove wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
showNprove wrote:
I will ask, but I served on that Board for lots of years, and they don't tend to make exceptions like this. In fact, I think they turned someone else down on this issue a few years ago. I'll get back to you after they respond to me.

$#!% me, $#!% me, $#!% me


$#!% me, too, man. And all five of us living in the complex. Those places are so great, I knew there had to be a catch. :cry:

So........Comcast?

I guess it will have to be Comcast, unless you know of another provider.

Do you have a contract with DIRECTV too?


Nah, I used to. That's what we were going to get, though, for Steelers/Cardinals/Suns games. :(

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:58 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:03 pm

showNprove wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:Nah, I used to. That's what we were going to get, though, for Steelers/Cardinals/Suns games. :(

It's quite possible that we will have to pay $213-$335 dollars to get out of this contract. WTF.


How'd you get stuck with such a long DirecTV contract?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:04 pm

..

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:05 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 pm

How much would it cost not to cancel? Is it possible it's transferrable or that you could get DirecTV for a fellow student and get them to pay the bills for you?

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Nope, you could try posting in the 2012 Facebook group (I assume there is one?) and offer some kind of discount hoping someone will help a fellow student out.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:25 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:33 pm

P.S. Check your UVA email.

All of you should probably become acquainted with Gchat (and Gmail); Gchat will be your new best friend when school starts.

User avatar
napolnic
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 pm

gladiator wrote:P.S. Check your UVA email.

All of you should probably become acquainted with Gchat (and Gmail); Gchat will be your new best friend when school starts.

...but I don't know anyone else's email/I don't actually use my UVA account as my primary, it's all forwarded to my main account.

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:41 pm

napolnic wrote:
gladiator wrote:P.S. Check your UVA email.

All of you should probably become acquainted with Gchat (and Gmail); Gchat will be your new best friend when school starts.

...but I don't know anyone else's email/I don't actually use my UVA account as my primary, it's all forwarded to my main account.


I would use a Gmail account or the UVA account at least when school starts. It makes talking to people a lot easier. It spread pretty quickly through the 1L class at the beginning of last year. Now it might not be that useful since you don't know people's names but when school starts you can, at a minimum, look people up in the directory to get their email and invite them to chat.
Last edited by gladiator on Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:42 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest