UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
a.williams

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:33 pm

geoffree wrote:
a.williams wrote:Image

Anyone know if Yuengling is in Charlottesville? I know its in PA and Maryland, but I don't know about VA.


Beer is the last thing you should be worrying about LOL


Any reason why? It was posted mostly in response to JSUVA's post and I'm rather bored at home.

User avatar
geoffree

Bronze
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Because C-ville has that covered :)

User avatar
geoffree

Bronze
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:37 pm

--ImageRemoved--

This one looks interesting.

“Aged for two to three months in McLain & Kyne Jefferson’s Reserve bourbon barrels, this stout is a richly flavored sipping beer, with a smooth chocolate taste and a hint of bourbon.”

Also a high percentage of alcohol. Even our friend who doesn’t like bourbon likes this beer.

On tap & bottles at Beer Run.

jdn012

Bronze
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jdn012 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Hope no one on here has double deposited with another school. The email today was pretty serious about the repercussions for those who have.

User avatar
Cavalier

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:01 pm

Uh oh. I put down deposits at the entire T-14 just to be safe.

User avatar
napolnic

Bronze
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:05 pm

jdn012 wrote:Hope no one on here has double deposited with another school. The email today was pretty serious about the repercussions for those who have.

Only if you double deposit past June 15. Before that, only a slight 'tsk tsk' from Trujillo.

User avatar
RVP11

Gold
Posts: 2765
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Does Dean Trujillo strike everyone else as a guy who probably has a great sense of humor?

User avatar
napolnic

Bronze
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby napolnic » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:07 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:Does Dean Trujillo strike everyone else as a guy who probably has a great sense of humor?


Definitely. He also strikes me of the kind of guy that I wouldn't cross. Not because he could strike me down with many conflagrations, but that I'd feel really bad about doing it afterwards.

User avatar
iceberger

Bronze
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:09 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:Does Dean Trujillo strike everyone else as a guy who probably has a great sense of humor?


+1. He seems like he'd be a nice guy to have a Jefferson’s Reserve Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout with...

User avatar
a.williams

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:11 pm

geoffree wrote:--ImageRemoved--

This one looks interesting.

“Aged for two to three months in McLain & Kyne Jefferson’s Reserve bourbon barrels, this stout is a richly flavored sipping beer, with a smooth chocolate taste and a hint of bourbon.”

Also a high percentage of alcohol. Even our friend who doesn’t like bourbon likes this beer.

On tap & bottles at Beer Run.


That looks delicious! I love stouts.

User avatar
geoffree

Bronze
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:58 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby geoffree » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:17 pm

a.williams wrote:
geoffree wrote:--ImageRemoved--

This one looks interesting.

“Aged for two to three months in McLain & Kyne Jefferson’s Reserve bourbon barrels, this stout is a richly flavored sipping beer, with a smooth chocolate taste and a hint of bourbon.”

Also a high percentage of alcohol. Even our friend who doesn’t like bourbon likes this beer.

On tap & bottles at Beer Run.


That looks delicious! I love stouts.


Me too. Come to 12th St. Taphouse sometime. It's a block from where I'll be. --LinkRemoved--
MellowMushroom is also around the corner from me, and as Gladiator posted earlier, trivia nights are on Wednesdays.

User avatar
a.williams

Bronze
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby a.williams » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:45 pm

geoffree wrote:
a.williams wrote:
geoffree wrote:--ImageRemoved--

This one looks interesting.

“Aged for two to three months in McLain & Kyne Jefferson’s Reserve bourbon barrels, this stout is a richly flavored sipping beer, with a smooth chocolate taste and a hint of bourbon.”

Also a high percentage of alcohol. Even our friend who doesn’t like bourbon likes this beer.

On tap & bottles at Beer Run.


That looks delicious! I love stouts.


Me too. Come to 12th St. Taphouse sometime. It's a block from where I'll be. --LinkRemoved--
MellowMushroom is also around the corner from me, and as Gladiator posted earlier, trivia nights are on Wednesdays.


Sounds good. I'm sure I will be there more than once or twice.

User avatar
isittomorrowyet

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby isittomorrowyet » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 pm

iceberger wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:Does Dean Trujillo strike everyone else as a guy who probably has a great sense of humor?


+1. He seems like he'd be a nice guy to have a Jefferson’s Reserve Bourbon Barrel Aged Stout with...



+2. Dean Trujillo is my hero.

User avatar
Cavalier

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:47 pm

That's awesome that Trujillo agreed to do a TLS interview.

User avatar
vamedic03

Gold
Posts: 1577
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vamedic03 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm

napolnic wrote:
a.williams wrote:Anyone know how to change your contact information on SIS? I think I've tried just about every link and can't get any where. They have my old address as my current address and I'd like to make sure nothing important gets sent there.


This (LinkRemoved) is what I've found, but I'm still not clear on the difference between ISIS and SIS.

Just an aside question, has anyone gotten a netbadge certificate to work so that you can just click the button rather than put your password in every time?


ISIS = old system (dates back to the days of registering for classes over the phone... my 1st year (aka freshman year) was the second year that there was an online system for registering - 1999)
SIS = new system - this is the first year of the university using it

User avatar
vanwinkle

Platinum
Posts: 8954
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 am

Do we have to find a private lender for or Stafford loans, or just the PLUS loans?

Also, for those who applied for Discover, what school did you choose? I don't see anything that remotely looks like "University of Virginia School of Law" in these options.

showNprove

Silver
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
YCrevolution

Gold
Posts: 3863
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:17 am

..

User avatar
extragnarls

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby extragnarls » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:01 pm

re: health insurance, can we enroll in the UVA health plan earlier than August? I'm digging through the Aetna student health website that's linked from the UVA page, but I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this already. thanks


edit: to answer my own question--
Policy Period
Coverage under the University of Virginia Student Health Insurance Plan is effective:
Annual Period: 12:01 a.m. on August 15, 2008, through 12:01 a.m. August 15, 2009.

showNprove

Silver
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cavalier

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:44 pm

showNprove wrote:The Marcus Epstein saga continues on ATL:

--LinkRemoved--

When I first saw the title, I thought this was about a certain person posting certain images on his wall :lol:

lol, I posted the Facebook album captions in the Epstein topic here yesterday. I can't believe they got on ATL.

User avatar
CE2JD

Silver
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby CE2JD » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Alright, we need to start a UVA law school band if one hasn't already been started. What instruments do we all play? I'll start: drum set, keyboard, guitar (a little), and bass (very little).

User avatar
underdawg

Silver
Posts: 1115
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby underdawg » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:23 pm

why are y'alls tars so homogenous?

buncha state beer-ponging-swilling school hicks
Last edited by underdawg on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

showNprove

Silver
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:26 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

mijahe

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby mijahe » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Do we need to send one transcript or two? I thought it was two, but the e-mail I looked at said one.



Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests