UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
Cavalier
Posts: 1994
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Cavalier » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:28 pm

I got the Columbia e-mail too. At least they didn't accidentally accept everyone.

RTF
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RTF » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Me three... weird since withdrew and received a confirmation from them a while ago.

User avatar
Jim_Stansel
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Jim_Stansel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:18 pm

I also got the e-mail. That's hilarious that gladiator got it and he applied in 07. Are they on crack over there or what?

User avatar
gladiator
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby gladiator » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Dear X:

We understand that you received an email at approximately 4:46 p.m. this afternoon
stating that your application for admission to Columbia is now complete.
This email message was sent as a result of a computer glitch and is not a reflection of your current status at Columbia.
Please disregard it in its entirety. We sincerely apologize for the error and want
to assure you that your personal information remains confidential.

Best wishes,

Nkonye Iwerebon
Dean of Admissions

User avatar
laurathenerd
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:48 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby laurathenerd » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 pm

iceberger wrote:
napolnic wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:I'd laugh, but I'd been waiting to get my UVA email since sending in my deposits in January. And the really bad part is that I wanted the email so I could join the UVA Facebook network. :oops:


Oo! I need to get on that!



Haha, that's the first thing I did once I got the email address


I'm glad I'm not alone...YC, you rock.

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:30 am

anybody else finding it ridiculously hard to take the last bit of undergrad seriously? i have a final exam in 4 hours and have yet to even look at my notes. senioritis is a bitch...

danielgude
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby danielgude » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 am

iceberger wrote:anybody else finding it ridiculously hard to take the last bit of undergrad seriously? i have a final exam in 4 hours and have yet to even look at my notes. senioritis is a bitch...


What class?

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:24 am

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 am

..

danielgude
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby danielgude » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 am

Tomorrow is my last day of work. Good bye consulting. I will not miss you.

jdn012
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jdn012 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:05 am

danielgude wrote:Tomorrow is my last day of work. Good bye consulting. I will not miss you.


gah, still 2 more months for me...

and congrats to all the 0Ls who about to graduate!

User avatar
bulldog4574
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby bulldog4574 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm about to take my last final as an undergrad. It's an open note religion exam. Goodbye cream puff classes.

User avatar
EaglesXLIV
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby EaglesXLIV » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:30 pm

limegreen wrote:
Cavalier wrote:I just got back from Chipotle. Yum! The one near my school gives free sodas to people with student IDs.


I went to Chipotle today too. Yum.

I'm eating chipotle right now :). No free sodas at Barracks, unfortunately

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:34 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:35 pm

danielgude wrote:
iceberger wrote:anybody else finding it ridiculously hard to take the last bit of undergrad seriously? i have a final exam in 4 hours and have yet to even look at my notes. senioritis is a bitch...


What class?



Politics of the European Union, yuck

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:10 pm

..

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 pm

For those looking at Ivy Garden:

They're out of August-start apartments. They make you pay a deposit just to get on a waiting list, and then they offer you apartments with June or May lease start dates, and they are completely inflexible on that. They graciously offer to let you pay on the apartment at the lease start date even if you can't move in then, and they'll just hold the apartment for you at that rate. :shock:

F*** them. I found something better anyway.

User avatar
extragnarls
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby extragnarls » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:35 pm

vanwinkle wrote:For those looking at Ivy Garden:

They're out of August-start apartments. They make you pay a deposit just to get on a waiting list, and then they offer you apartments with June or May lease start dates, and they are completely inflexible on that. They graciously offer to let you pay on the apartment at the lease start date even if you can't move in then, and they'll just hold the apartment for you at that rate. :shock:

F*** them. I found something better anyway.


I called earlier and they told me they were out of 1BRs, did they say they were out of ALL august-start apartments? Just called but got the after-hours manager, as the leasing office is closed for the day, and he couldn't tell me.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:46 pm

extragnarls wrote:I called earlier and they told me they were out of 1BRs, did they say they were out of ALL august-start apartments? Just called but got the after-hours manager, as the leasing office is closed for the day, and he couldn't tell me.


The E-mail I got tried to upsell me to a 2BR, but again, you have to pay the deposit and then wait patiently for them to process your app and offer you something, without holding anything for you. By the time they get done "processing" everything they might be out of those too. And I'm assuming they're going to try to keep the app fee, which I'm going to argue with them about... Why should I pay an app fee when I was never offered the apartment I was inquiring about?

User avatar
extragnarls
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby extragnarls » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
extragnarls wrote:I called earlier and they told me they were out of 1BRs, did they say they were out of ALL august-start apartments? Just called but got the after-hours manager, as the leasing office is closed for the day, and he couldn't tell me.


The E-mail I got tried to upsell me to a 2BR, but again, you have to pay the deposit and then wait patiently for them to process your app and offer you something, without holding anything for you. By the time they get done "processing" everything they might be out of those too. And I'm assuming they're going to try to keep the app fee, which I'm going to argue with them about... Why should I pay an app fee when I was never offered the apartment I was inquiring about?


It's a very wack process, I agree. I'd moved on to considering a 2BR and just kind of assumed they'd still have them, so I got anxious for a moment when you said they were all out. Thanks for the update.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:04 pm

extragnarls wrote:It's a very wack process, I agree. I'd moved on to considering a 2BR and just kind of assumed they'd still have them, so I got anxious for a moment when you said they were all out. Thanks for the update.


I do apologize for the vagueness. I should've said 1BRs from the beginning.

User avatar
extragnarls
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby extragnarls » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:07 pm

For anyone who's signed an Ivy Gardens lease (or has signed more leases in their life than I have..), is there typically a period after signing in which you can back out without repercussions?

User avatar
iceberger
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:24 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iceberger » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:17 pm

extragnarls wrote:For anyone who's signed an Ivy Gardens lease (or has signed more leases in their life than I have..), is there typically a period after signing in which you can back out without repercussions?


i've never heard of that. at most, i think they'll usually let you upgrade or downgrade units if you want, but i'm pretty sure you're locked in after you sign.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:35 pm

extragnarls wrote:For anyone who's signed an Ivy Gardens lease (or has signed more leases in their life than I have..), is there typically a period after signing in which you can back out without repercussions?


http://www.ivygarden.com/additionalFee.htm

It looks like the answer to your question is a ridiculously solid "no".

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:00 pm

..




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest