UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
crazyinalabama

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby crazyinalabama » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:58 pm

YCrev - you solved my problem!!! I now I have a Virginia Gmail account thanks to you...now I just have to look back a few pages and figure out how to change/add an address that makes sense...our constant posting is getting to be annoying when I need to find earlier information!

First, of course, I have to log onto facebook and friend the only Harvard person! :D

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:YCrev - you solved my problem!!! I now I have a Virginia Gmail account thanks to you...now I just have to look back a few pages and figure out how to change/add an address that makes sense...our constant posting is getting to be annoying when I need to find earlier information!

First, of course, I have to log onto facebook and friend the only Harvard person! :D

Friend me too! I'm the guy from AZ proposing in his profile pic.

omg

Postby omg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:00 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:YCrev - you solved my problem!!! I now I have a Virginia Gmail account thanks to you...now I just have to look back a few pages and figure out how to change/add an address that makes sense...our constant posting is getting to be annoying when I need to find earlier information!

Friend me too! I'm the guy from AZ proposing in his profile pic.

Congratulations, btw!!!

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazyinalabama

Postby crazyinalabama » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:09 pm

I just want to say that searching via facebook profile picture is quite tiring...and hard to watch LOST at the same time...but I will come to love you guys all the same

hotburrito

Postby hotburrito » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:09 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:I just want to say that searching via facebook profile picture is quite tiring...and hard to watch LOST at the same time...but I will come to love you guys all the same

omg baby miles was so cute. everybody on lost has daddy issues.

iceberger

Postby iceberger » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:10 pm

+1. I just went through YCrev's excellent advice as well to set up email. I joined the UVA fb network as well, now it feels official

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:12 pm

limegreen wrote:I just realized I'm one of the only people from my UG in the FB group which is probably what made it a lot easier to find me.

I'm trying to make it harder by joining the group... but then again, I'm a guy, so that doesn't help that much. (shoot, just gave out more info! :::paranoia::: :::paranoia:::)

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 pm

showNprove wrote:Well, might as well add me while you're at it. I'm the guy with four former UNC basketball players in his picture.

I hope you're not a "dook" fan...

Thanks for the description. Got to use JS's wall to get around your closed '12 FB group to pick up a 2nd 0L FB buddy. Unfortunately most of the rest of you weren't so obvious with your names and I'm way too lazy to stalk you.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Last edited by YCrevolution on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:16 pm

gladiator wrote:
showNprove wrote:Well, might as well add me while you're at it. I'm the guy with four former UNC basketball players in his picture.

Thanks for the description. Got to use JS's wall to get around your closed '12 FB group to pick up a 2nd 0L FB buddy. Unfortunately most of the rest of you weren't so obvious with your names and I'm way too lazy to stalk you.

Wait, do we know the admin for the group?

crazyinalabama

Postby crazyinalabama » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:17 pm

YCrevolution wrote:

Glad to be of service. :)

For anyone who wants to friend me on Facebook, I'm one of the only Vandy people in the UVA 2012 group, and I'm wearing sunglasses in my profile pic (I look a little older now, but I like the pic).

Repost of email setup directions (with more details):
After logging into SIS (https://sisuva.admin.virginia.edu/psp/e ... PAPP_GUEST) click the email button at the top. A page should come up saying you need set up your email account. After an appropriate click or two to the right links (I don't remember specifically, but it's fairly apparent), you should reach the computing quiz screen. You could also try to set up your email by searching for "UVA email" in Google and then, after clicking on the email accounts page, choose to setup your Gmail or MS Live email address (and it should hopefully prompt you to do the quiz then). Note: you have to choose Gmail or MS Live.

If it doesn't work the first time (you get an error message and you've sent in your first deposit), try another browser and make sure you clear your browser's cache before beginning the email setup process.

Email Aliases:
You can sort-of change your email address by adding aliases to your account (after setup, you can go to a UVA, not Gmail, account managment page to add aliases). Unfortunately, you can only add aliases to your YOURCHOICE@email.virginia.edu; you can't change or add aliases to INITIALSANDRANDOM@virginia.edu. There doesn't appear to be any way to change your username (which is based off of that weird combination).Visit https://ams.itc.virginia.edu/cgi-bin/index.cgi to add/manage aliases (UVa Email Address Management). You may need to log-in before it lets you go to the page. Click "Manage Aliases."

I went ahead and added aliases for my name for the email.virginia.edu domain. I also set up my Thunderbird for UVA Gmail email. This means you can have POP (or SMTP) UVA email which lets you use email clients and should allow you to look up your mail on your Crackberry (I don't have one, so I don't know for sure, but I assume it uses POP or SMTP).

Changing your password
Go to: http://www.itc.virginia.edu/accounts/changelost.html

I changed my eservices password and email switchboard passwords and it seems to have taken care of everything NetBadge related that I've wanted to use. If you want to use a mail client for your Gmail/Live account, you need to make sure the UVA password and Gmail password match (if not, you can reset your gmail password through the Gmail settings page under change password; after logging out, log back in through a UVA link and it should prompt you for a new password).

Wow, when we get to Charlottesville I am buying you a drink!

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 pm

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:23 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Non-alcoholic, naturally. :wink: I'm still be going to be underage for basically all of my first semester 1L year.

Ouch. It was torture enough for me being 20 at the ASD. Thankfully I'll be 21 next month. I don't know how I'd make it an entire semester.

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 pm

Cavalier wrote:
Non-alcoholic, naturally. :wink: I'm still be going to be underage for basically all of my first semester 1L year.

Ouch. It was torture enough for me being 20 at the ASD. Thankfully I'll be 21 next month. I don't know how I'd make it an entire semester.

What'd they do on your name tag to denote your non-21-ness?

applepie

Postby applepie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 pm

Cavalier wrote:

i so enjoyed laughing at all you "dotted" people...lol i had just turned 21

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:28 pm

I might as well come out and say I went to W&M for undergrad because it's in a lot of my posts, and from my talking about shopping and all things lime green you probably already know I'm female. If you want to friend me that should make it pretty easy!

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:28 pm

hotburrito

Postby hotburrito » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:

Glad to be of service. :)

For anyone who wants to friend me on Facebook, I'm one of the only Vandy people in the UVA 2012 group, and I'm wearing sunglasses in my profile pic (I look a little older now, but I like the pic).

Repost of email setup directions (with more details):
After logging into SIS (https://sisuva.admin.virginia.edu/psp/e ... PAPP_GUEST) click the email button at the top. A page should come up saying you need set up your email account. After an appropriate click or two to the right links (I don't remember specifically, but it's fairly apparent), you should reach the computing quiz screen. You could also try to set up your email by searching for "UVA email" in Google and then, after clicking on the email accounts page, choose to setup your Gmail or MS Live email address (and it should hopefully prompt you to do the quiz then). Note: you have to choose Gmail or MS Live.

If it doesn't work the first time (you get an error message and you've sent in your first deposit), try another browser and make sure you clear your browser's cache before beginning the email setup process.

Email Aliases:
You can sort-of change your email address by adding aliases to your account (after setup, you can go to a UVA, not Gmail, account managment page to add aliases). Unfortunately, you can only add aliases to your YOURCHOICE@email.virginia.edu; you can't change or add aliases to INITIALSANDRANDOM@virginia.edu. There doesn't appear to be any way to change your username (which is based off of that weird combination).Visit https://ams.itc.virginia.edu/cgi-bin/index.cgi to add/manage aliases (UVa Email Address Management). You may need to log-in before it lets you go to the page. Click "Manage Aliases."

I went ahead and added aliases for my name for the email.virginia.edu domain. I also set up my Thunderbird for UVA Gmail email. This means you can have POP (or SMTP) UVA email which lets you use email clients and should allow you to look up your mail on your Crackberry (I don't have one, so I don't know for sure, but I assume it uses POP or SMTP).

Changing your password
Go to: http://www.itc.virginia.edu/accounts/changelost.html

I changed my eservices password and email switchboard passwords and it seems to have taken care of everything NetBadge related that I've wanted to use. If you want to use a mail client for your Gmail/Live account, you need to make sure the UVA password and Gmail password match (if not, you can reset your gmail password through the Gmail settings page under change password; after logging out, log back in through a UVA link and it should prompt you for a new password).

Wow, when we get to Charlottesville I am buying you a drink!

this is me outing myself as a dummy, but what is my uva gmail password!? i just have no idea.

omg

Postby omg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:30 pm

thesealocust wrote:I have just checked my shame at the door and created the facebook group:

"Secret TLS '12 UVA Law Group that you joined even though it's kind of weird"

I didn't bother tracking many of you down. PM me (with your real name, obviously) if you want in.

:mrgreen:

I think I know who everyone is who just friended me besides the Cornell guy...confused!

And sealocust, can you post a link to the group?

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:30 pm

napolnic wrote:
gladiator wrote:

Wait, do we know the admin for the group?

I'm not going to fraudulently apply to the 2012 group so not a big deal. Can get information via PM if anyone is particularly concerned.

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm wondering what caused this TLS UVA party to break out. Quite the crowd in here!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”