UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
limegreen

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Clever!

Is anyone else as easily identifiable as I am by their tar? Also, someone on this board was able to figure out who I was on facebook without me telling them so now I'm thinking I have been outed.

applepie

Postby applepie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:20 pm

limegreen wrote:Clever!

Is anyone else as easily identifiable as I am by their tar? Also, someone on this board was able to figure out who I was on facebook without me telling them so now I'm thinking I have been outed.

im gonna go with me lol

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:21 pm

applepie wrote:

im gonna go with me lol

You are a rabbit?

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:22 pm

I also know who you are on Facebook, but I don't remember how.

I think everyone knows who I am on there.....? I sorta advertised it.

bulldog4574

Postby bulldog4574 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:22 pm

ivy gardens or university heights? somebody decide for me?

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:23 pm

bulldog4574 wrote:ivy gardens or university heights? somebody decide for me?

Ivy. Live where the action is.

applepie

Postby applepie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:24 pm

limegreen wrote:
applepie wrote:

im gonna go with me lol

You are a rabbit?

yep lol....i guess i should say that if you've met me irl you probably know it because i will probably have mentioned the rabbit

dont know who you are on facebook...but know i will be looking for your limegreen mac :D

CE2JD

Postby CE2JD » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:25 pm

bulldog4574 wrote:ivy gardens or university heights? somebody decide for me?

University Heights if you're old and crusty like me.

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:25 pm

I have a feeling that given enough posts, anyone is identifiable. I'm sure there's some Malcolm Gladwell book about this now (or in the making).

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:30 pm

Does anyone know when we get our schedules? I am too lazy to look through last year's thread.

I'm thinking about trading the Mac in for a newer model, but don't worry, I'll find some way to incorporate the lime green.

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm

U-Heights is pretty weird, I would go with Ivy. Given it's Charlottesville, U-Heights is actually kinda high in crime/sketchiness from what I remember over the last few years.

As for identifying characteristics, I wouldn't worry. TLS is like Fight Club; people don't talk about it and except for other members, nobody else knows (nor cares) that you're in it. So never fear, your social status isn't on the line. As far as I can tell, there is no correlation between TLS membership and "popularity". It's actually really helpful because if you take advantage of meeting people on here, you'll walk into orientation with a bunch of friends and be more comfortable. It makes developing a social circle a much easier process outside of your section because you'll have a connection to other sections.

You don't get your schedules til you get your sections which is like 5 days before classes start. (if they follow what they did last year)

hotburrito

Postby hotburrito » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:36 pm

napolnic wrote:

I have a feeling that given enough posts, anyone is identifiable. I'm sure there's some Malcolm Gladwell book about this now (or in the making).

you could definitely identify me by comparing my posts with my facebook profile, if you we were a creepy weirdo.

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:37 pm

hotburrito wrote:
napolnic wrote:I have a feeling that given enough posts, anyone is identifiable. I'm sure there's some Malcolm Gladwell book about this now (or in the making).

you could definitely identify me by comparing my posts with my facebook profile, if you we were a creepy weirdo.

Creepy weirdo? no, no. I prefer social scientist.

hotburrito

Postby hotburrito » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:46 pm

napolnic wrote:
hotburrito wrote:
napolnic wrote:I have a feeling that given enough posts, anyone is identifiable. I'm sure there's some Malcolm Gladwell book about this now (or in the making).

--ImageRemoved--

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:47 pm

gladiator wrote:U-Heights is pretty weird, I would go with Ivy. Given it's Charlottesville, U-Heights is actually kinda high in crime/sketchiness from what I remember over the last few years.

As for identifying characteristics, I wouldn't worry. TLS is like Fight Club; people don't talk about it and except for other members, nobody else knows (nor cares) that you're in it. So never fear, your social status isn't on the line. As far as I can tell, there is no correlation between TLS membership and "popularity". It's actually really helpful because if you take advantage of meeting people on here, you'll walk into orientation with a bunch of friends and be more comfortable. It makes developing a social circle a much easier process outside of your section because you'll have a connection to other sections.

You don't get your schedules til you get your sections which is like 5 days before classes start. (if they follow what they did last year)

Thanks for the helpful info, as usual.

That seems really close to school, but in general do people tend to have classes really early and on Fridays or does it completely depend and some sections get really lucky and others unlucky?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:50 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

napolnic

Postby napolnic » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 pm

hotburrito wrote:
napolnic wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

So much for culling information from my posts, you've found my picture!

omg

Postby omg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Haha YOU knew who I was in a PM without me having any clue who you were!! (For the rest of you, limegreen and I have known each other since we were, like, 12, haha, but haven't seen each other in years.)

I've also totally outed myself in the facebook group by posting the exact same posts here and there...but whatever!

gladiator

Postby gladiator » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:59 pm

limegreen wrote:
gladiator wrote:U-Heights is pretty weird, I would go with Ivy. Given it's Charlottesville, U-Heights is actually kinda high in crime/sketchiness from what I remember over the last few years.

Thanks for the helpful info, as usual.

That seems really close to school, but in general do people tend to have classes really early and on Fridays or does it completely depend and some sections get really lucky and others unlucky?

Unless they change things, you're likely going to have Torts, CivPro, CrimLaw, and Contracts 3 times per week in the fall from approximately 8:30-9:50, 10:00-11:20, 2:10-3:30, and 3:40-5 and then an hour of LRW thrown in somewhere. Schedules are different for each section. Some sections have 2 80 minute sessions of CrimLaw while others have 3 60 minute sessions, etc. It's a total crapshoot what your schedule looks like other than those general times. My section had early class on Monday but only 1 class on Friday, 1 section had no Friday classes, some had classes where the professor would just teach 3 times/week but not necessarily the same days of the week. You'll find that whatever schedule you end up with, you get used to it but obviously 8:30 AM class is never a picnic.

It is kind of weird that they wait so long to release sections, but it's not too hard to deal with the quick turnaround between getting your section, getting your books, and then orientation/start of classes. If the schedule is the same as it was for us, you'll get your section late Thurs/early Fri, Orientation will be Mon and Tues, and classes start Wed. Most professors tend to ease you into the reading so after the 1st month a lot of us commented it didn't seem too hard but as your commitments outside of reading pile up, it becomes harder but manageable.
Last edited by gladiator on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hotburrito

Postby hotburrito » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 pm

omg 8:30 class kill me

crazyinalabama

Postby crazyinalabama » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Hahah I love how you outed me figuring out who you were on facebook...now I feel like a creeper!

JSUVA, I definitely spent ASD gawking at you with another TLSer trying to figure out if it was you in the gray sweater, per your post. Although I think I finally figured out who you were, I definitely spent several minutes staring at another admitted student in a gray shirt who did NOT have the initials JS...let's hope he didn't decide to go to UVA!

So....now I have announced to the TLS world that I am indeed a creeper and I'll be out in full form at orientation trying to identify all of you... :wink:

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:04 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:
Hahah I love how you outed me figuring out who you were on facebook...now I feel like a creeper!

I wasn't going to tell anyone it was you, so you outed yourself!

Gladiator: Do most 1Ls stay during that big break around lunch time or do most leave? I am hoping to get work done then, but I dunno how possible that is.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:08 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

showNprove

Postby showNprove » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:09 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

limegreen

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:11 pm

thesealocust wrote:

I'll probably be at Chipotle.

Well naturally, I'll be at Chipotle too, but that isn't going to take several hours probably. I have a feeling you and I are going to be running into each other a lot because of our deep love of the burrito.

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”