UVA Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
drylo
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:41 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby drylo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:27 pm

.
Last edited by drylo on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1337Law
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby 1337Law » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:38 pm

.
Last edited by 1337Law on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Can you all please take this elsewhere? It's kind of bringing down the mood of this thread...

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:54 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:03 pm

limegreen wrote:Can you all please take this elsewhere? It's kind of bringing down the mood of this thread...


+10

No more arguing in the c/o 2012 thread.

I'm all for UVA-trolling when done politely and in the Choosing a Law School forum (I'm looking at you, 1337Law). But I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I don't care to discuss NLJ250 charts, the "T14", how good or bad a school Vandy is, or any of the typical TLS crap, in the UVA c/o 2012 thread.
Last edited by RVP11 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1337Law
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby 1337Law » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:35 pm

eh? 8)

jennyhoo
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:07 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby jennyhoo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:38 pm

The financial aid links are available when I log into the SIS. However, when I click on mine, it says, " You have no financial aid awards available for viewing in this aid year."

????!?!

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:42 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:03 pm

jennyhoo wrote:The financial aid links are available when I log into the SIS. However, when I click on mine, it says, " You have no financial aid awards available for viewing in this aid year."

????!?!


Mine too, I'm hoping that is a sign it will be up soon. For some reason I thought it was supposed to be out around April 1 but someone probably just told me April and I assigned an arbitrary date.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:49 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
applepie
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby applepie » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:51 pm

limegreen wrote:
jennyhoo wrote:The financial aid links are available when I log into the SIS. However, when I click on mine, it says, " You have no financial aid awards available for viewing in this aid year."

????!?!


Mine too, I'm hoping that is a sign it will be up soon. For some reason I thought it was supposed to be out around April 1 but someone probably just told me April and I assigned an arbitrary date.


Pretty sure at ASD they said how early in April the loan packages would be out depended on how soon the board of trustees set tuition. April 1 was never mentioned in my hearing, I believe they have until April 30 (deposit deadline).

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:44 pm

thesealocust wrote:
limegreen wrote:When does financial aid stuff come? I know I already asked this but no one answered me.


Got mine last week (in the mail), but I live 100 miles north of UVA. If you haven't gotten that, I'd call if I were you.


I meant the loan stuff, not the scholarships.

RTF
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RTF » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:56 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
limegreen wrote:Can you all please take this elsewhere? It's kind of bringing down the mood of this thread...


+10

No more arguing in the c/o 2012 thread.

I'm all for UVA-trolling when done politely and in the Choosing a Law School forum (I'm looking at you, 1337Law). But I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I don't care to discuss NLJ250 charts, the "T14", how good or bad a school Vandy is, or any of the typical TLS crap, in the UVA c/o 2012 thread.


Thanks JSUVA2012 and limegreen. I completely agree.

RTF
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RTF » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:57 pm

limegreen wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
limegreen wrote:When does financial aid stuff come? I know I already asked this but no one answered me.


Got mine last week (in the mail), but I live 100 miles north of UVA. If you haven't gotten that, I'd call if I were you.


I meant the loan stuff, not the scholarships.



Anyone want to email the financial aid office, ask and then report back here? I'm curious/anxious as well.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:00 pm

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iamjikem
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby iamjikem » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:28 am

Throw my hat in the ring:

I'm coming to Charlottesville!

User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RVP11 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:34 am

iamjikem wrote:Throw my hat in the ring:

I'm coming to Charlottesville!


Congrats on making the right choice!

1337Law
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby 1337Law » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:56 am

JSUVA2012 wrote:
iamjikem wrote:Throw my hat in the ring:

I'm coming to Charlottesville!


Congrats on making the right choice!


yeah man, congratz!

User avatar
vamedic03
Posts: 1579
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:50 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby vamedic03 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 am

RTF wrote:
limegreen wrote:
thesealocust wrote:
limegreen wrote:When does financial aid stuff come? I know I already asked this but no one answered me.


Got mine last week (in the mail), but I live 100 miles north of UVA. If you haven't gotten that, I'd call if I were you.


I meant the loan stuff, not the scholarships.



Anyone want to email the financial aid office, ask and then report back here? I'm curious/anxious as well.


I don't think that they can release any information until the tuition is set... right now, the only numbers that are up anywhere are the '08-'09 numbers... but, I too, have been checking SIS to find out my sweet loan package...

1337Law
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby 1337Law » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:30 am

i'm pluggin my poll here

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=66733

RTF
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:58 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby RTF » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:52 am

--LinkRemoved--

From this year's UVa Libel show. Thoughts?

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby showNprove » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:55 am

.
Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
limegreen
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby limegreen » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 am

RTF wrote:http://abovethelaw.com/2009/04/looking_back_on_the_virginia_l.php

From this year's UVa Libel show. Thoughts?


That was... different.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8447
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby thesealocust » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:28 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fup
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:15 am

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Postby Fup » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:36 pm

thesealocust wrote:There are funnier bits of libel out there (no constitution is the one I show people when they ask what it is).

ATL strikes me as just barely removed from xoxo/JDU. I'm sure the bloggers there are fine people, and the information is very useful, but the comments? my god...


lol, I was reading those comments. I had no idea the comments were so awful on that site. I wonder if its just a bunch of Cooley rejects posting there - I can't imagine any real CLS or NYU students taking the time to go online to trash UVA, it just seems like such a silly thing to do.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest