UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
napolnic

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by napolnic » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:20 pm

vamedic03 wrote:
limegreen wrote:Also, has anyone configured their iphone yet? It seems like a huge ordeal.
I configured my iphone a few weeks ago... pretty easy if you follow the instructions from ITC and the wireless coverage is pretty good (I had WIFI in the parking lot).
+1, the instructions are here.

lsatbobby

Bronze

Post by lsatbobby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:12 pm

vamedic03 wrote:
limegreen wrote:Also, has anyone configured their iphone yet? It seems like a huge ordeal.
I configured my iphone a few weeks ago... pretty easy if you follow the instructions from ITC and the wireless coverage is pretty good (I had WIFI in the parking lot).
Hold up, did ya'll get an iphone with your mac bundles? if so, this dell is going out the window.

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 pm

lsatbobby wrote:
vamedic03 wrote:
Hold up, did ya'll get an iphone with your mac bundles? if so, this dell is going out the window.
No no no. We did get our pick of an ipod though - including the ipod touch which has wireless. My rebate arrived on friday :D

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:17 pm

napolnic wrote:
vamedic03 wrote:
Thanks for that, I have the instructions but for some reason I am not that smart. I guess I'll figure it out, I need to download a certificate or whatever but do I have to be on campus to do that/

lsatbobby

Bronze

Post by lsatbobby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:20 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:
No no no. We did get our pick of an ipod though - including the ipod touch which has wireless. My rebate arrived on friday :D
phew, now i only have to be slightly jealous.

i wonder if anyone went to the stuff today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

EyeBeeM

New

Post by EyeBeeM » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:23 pm

dinkyjeans wrote:tomorrow's schedule has sign-in from 8-9:30. what time will people be arriving?
I was wondering this too...

Do we HAVE to be there at 8?

Also - I remember people being confused about the gym...we technically aren't allowed to use it until August 24ish, but the guys working the desk let you in anyway. The gym is smaller than I expected though.

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:39 pm

lsatbobby wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:

I did! I had a great time spreading mulch and meeting new people at the affordable apt complex. I also saw the movie Rashamon and listened to people analyze it afterward. Anne Coughlin herself sat next to me during the film. It was such an honor. I felt special :mrgreen:

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

dinkyjeans wrote:tomorrow's schedule has sign-in from 8-9:30. what time will people be arriving?
9:25?

hokie09

New

Post by hokie09 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:45 pm

I'll probably be there early. I'm always paranoid that I'll have some kind of transportation problem and be late.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:51 pm

EyeBeeM wrote:
I was wondering this too...

Do we HAVE to be there at 8?

Also - I remember people being confused about the gym...we technically aren't allowed to use it until August 24ish, but the guys working the desk let you in anyway. The gym is smaller than I expected though.
I called the IM Rec membership office (guys in charge of the gyms) on Friday and they said that August 15 was the official day that we were allowed to use the gyms. I specifically told them that I was an incoming 1L - I think it occurred earlier for us since we become active students a week before everyone else...

Also, the north grounds gym is one of the smaller gyms... the Aquatic Fitness Center next to the stadium is the largest (and quite nice gym that's been renovated and expanded twice since 2000).

The memorial gym - next to the central grounds bookstore on Emmet Street has an old school wooden indoor track above the basketball courts.

MAD1984

New

Post by MAD1984 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:52 pm

What exactly do we need to bring to sign-in/registration?

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:54 pm

limegreen wrote:
napolnic wrote:
vamedic03 wrote:
Thanks for that, I have the instructions but for some reason I am not that smart. I guess I'll figure it out, I need to download a certificate or whatever but do I have to be on campus to do that/
You don't need to be on campus to do the certificate - just follow the instructions on the webpage and download the certificate onto your laptop (you might have to log into netbadge, but it will prompt you if you do). After you download the certificate, email it to your iphone and then just follow the instructions for using cavalier network... It's really easier than it seems...

Also, while you're doing all that stuff, I recommend setting up the proxy server for your webbrowser... it makes it much easier to use the library search engines (if for some reason you need to use one of the databases) from home

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:54 pm

MAD1984 wrote:What exactly do we need to bring to sign-in/registration?
I plan on bringing a notebook, pen, and my messenger bag...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:02 pm

Thanks for the iphone help!

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:10 pm

I think limegreen asked this last week, but is anyone having their husband/wife/SO come to the picnic dinner thing tomorrow?

MAD1984

New

Post by MAD1984 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:13 pm

vamedic03 wrote:
MAD1984 wrote:What exactly do we need to bring to sign-in/registration?
I plan on bringing a notebook, pen, and my messenger bag...
No no, I mean with regard to ID/insurance info/etc.

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:14 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:I think limegreen asked this last week, but is anyone having their husband/wife/SO come to the picnic dinner thing tomorrow?
I might if you do... not that that is a very helpful answer to your question.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hokie09

New

Post by hokie09 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:15 pm

does anyone have the install CD for a linksys router or know how to get the install stuff online? I can't find mine....

...I remember it being a huge pain in the ass anyway (I have a mac). Any tips would be appreciated.

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:18 pm

hokie09 wrote:does anyone have the install CD for a linksys router or know how to get the install stuff online? I can't find mine....

...I remember it being a huge pain in the ass anyway (I have a mac). Any tips would be appreciated.
go to the linksys website and in the support area you can download the drivers et al. I'm assuming you have some internet access since you're posting...

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:20 pm

geoffree wrote:
lsatbobby wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:

I did! I had a great time spreading mulch and meeting new people at the affordable apt complex. I also saw the movie Rashamon and listened to people analyze it afterward. Anne Coughlin herself sat next to me during the film. It was such an honor. I felt special :mrgreen:
I went to the movie too. I also talked once, which means I have fulfilled my self-quota for the semester. nice.

hokie09

New

Post by hokie09 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:29 pm

napolnic wrote:
hokie09 wrote:does anyone have the install CD for a linksys router or know how to get the install stuff online? I can't find mine....

go to the linksys website and in the support area you can download the drivers et al. I'm assuming you have some internet access since you're posting...

thanks...seems simple enough.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lsatbobby

Bronze

Post by lsatbobby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 pm

napolnic wrote: I went to the movie too. I also talked once, which means I have fulfilled my self-quota for the semester. nice.
gunner :wink:

hokie09

New

Post by hokie09 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm

lsatbobby wrote:
napolnic wrote: I went to the movie too. I also talked once, which means I have fulfilled my self-quota for the semester. nice.
Is it bad that I already introduced myself to one of the professors? :lol:

lsatbobby

Bronze

Post by lsatbobby » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:11 pm

hokie09 wrote:
lsatbobby wrote:
uber gunner

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:14 pm

lsatbobby wrote:
hokie09 wrote:
lsatbobby wrote:
uber gunner
It's worse that you just told everyone.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”