UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
iceberger

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by iceberger » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:12 am

TaoTao wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
TaoTao wrote:If anyone else is looking for squash/tennis/work-out/soccer buddies...............
This.

I suck at racquet sports. :cry:
It's ok! I'm no pro either, believe me. It's just that it's one of the few ways I can get myself to do cardio :o

Regarding soccer.......YES! hopefully we can get enough guys to make it a regular thing. Indoor or outdoor, bring it on!
soccer = yes!

Fup

Bronze

Post by Fup » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:54 pm

lol at one of the posts on the UVA law housing forum:

"And I would prefer roommate(s) that aren't yankees or cowboys fans."

There's a couple sports franchises that I particularly dislike, but it would never stop me from rooming with someone.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:59 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geoffree

Bronze

Post by geoffree » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:09 pm

thesealocust wrote:all I _want_ to do is read about law school and hang out in charlottesville!
Same here :wink:
Remember to hit the beer trail before you hit the books!
http://www.musingsoverapint.com/2009/01 ... trail.html

I wanted to rent a cottage across the street from a Starr Hill factory (not sure if it was the brewery or not) but my SO was not into the ghost townish atmosphere of the area (Plus she doesn't drive,so she'd be stuck in Crozet all day). Crozet seems like a great place to me! Interesting run-down houses, Starr Hill Brewery (w/ free tastings on saturdays), train tracks, old-fashioned stores, and a bit further down the road is bluemountainbrewery. :D Not to mention the beeeeautiful green hilled backdrop.

kritiosboy

New

Post by kritiosboy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Last edited by kritiosboy on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

isittomorrowyet

New

Post by isittomorrowyet » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:58 pm

thesealocust wrote:but all I _want_ to do is read about law school and hang out in charlottesville!
haha, me too! Charlottesville is so adorable. I love the "follow the 3 presidents" signs to downtown :D

EaglesXLIV

New

Post by EaglesXLIV » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:17 pm

thesealocust wrote:uuuugh. I knew taking a semester off would hit this point, and I probably knew it would be right around when I started finalizing housing and visiting the campus, but I'm so ready for school to just /start/. Which is kind of a lie, I have a huge list of to-dos before then, but all I _want_ to do is read about law school and hang out in charlottesville!
Yep, hanging out in Cville over the summer is pretty awesome.

Jim_Stansel

Bronze

Post by Jim_Stansel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:34 pm

TaoTao wrote:I guess no one plays squash or tennis :(
Don't fret TaoTao. Squash and tennis are two of my favorite sports to play. How good are you? Tennis I've been playing since high school. Squash I only picked up in my last year of college, but am serviceable. I'm excited to have squash courts nearby since there is nowhere to play for miles from where I currently live.

Fup

Bronze

Post by Fup » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:01 pm

I just checked my financial aid, and it lists the scholarship I got, but it still doesn't list any loans or anything else. I assume its not complete, as I will need loans to cover what my scholarship does not.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Jim_Stansel wrote:
Don't fret TaoTao. Squash and tennis are two of my favorite sports to play. How good are you? Tennis I've been playing since high school. Squash I only picked up in my last year of college, but am serviceable. I'm excited to have squash courts nearby since there is nowhere to play for miles from where I currently live.
Confession: I thought I sucked at tennis until the I watched the Real Housewives of NYC (stop judging...some of us are out of school and unemployed at the moment!). After watching these two women play, I think I might not be that bad after all... :lol:

Where I currently live several bars have beach volleyball leagues - nothing quite like drinking a little sand with your beer. Anything like that in Charlottesville?

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:20 pm

I think there's a sand volleyball court at the Woodlands, that's all I know of.

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Fup wrote:I just checked my financial aid, and it lists the scholarship I got, but it still doesn't list any loans or anything else. I assume its not complete, as I will need loans to cover what my scholarship does not.

Yea, mine just lists the scholarship as well. I'm assuming they'll be a larger update?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

omg

Bronze

Post by omg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:01 pm

showNprove wrote:
showNprove wrote:Where is the best to play basketball?
Anyone? There must be someone at UVA who still cares about hoops ;)
I play, but not particularly well!

And I think the AFC is the answer for sure. They have great basketball facilities. I've never been to the North Grounds gym, though, but I'm pretty sure they don't.

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Last edited by showNprove on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelersandGators

New

Post by SteelersandGators » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:15 pm

showNprove wrote:
showNprove wrote:Where is the best to play basketball?
Anyone? There must be someone at UVA who still cares about hoops ;)
Both the AFC and the North Grounds Gym have basketball courts. 2 courts at North Grounds and I think 5 at the AFC.

Jim_Stansel

Bronze

Post by Jim_Stansel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:21 pm

crazyinalabama wrote:Confession: I thought I sucked at tennis until the I watched the Real Housewives of NYC (stop judging...some of us are out of school and unemployed at the moment!). After watching these two women play, I think I might not be that bad after all... :lol:
That's funny you say that because sometimes I find it hard to answer the question of how good I am if I don't really know the person asking. Because "pretty good" has a much different meaning to somebody who played D1 than to somebody who has no idea what topspin is.
showNprove wrote:
omg wrote:I play, but not particularly well!
haha Me neither, but I like to go clear my head once in awhile by shooting around.

Thanks.
Check this out: --LinkRemoved--

I'm watching people playing right now and judging by the still shots separated by ~8 second intervals... I think we can take them.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

omg

Bronze

Post by omg » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:59 pm

Jim_Stansel wrote:
crazyinalabama wrote:Confession: I thought I sucked at tennis until the I watched the Real Housewives of NYC (stop judging...some of us are out of school and unemployed at the moment!). After watching these two women play, I think I might not be that bad after all... :lol:
That's funny you say that because sometimes I find it hard to answer the question of how good I am if I don't really know the person asking. Because "pretty good" has a much different meaning to somebody who played D1 than to somebody who has no idea what topspin is.
showNprove wrote:
omg wrote:I play, but not particularly well!
haha Me neither, but I like to go clear my head once in awhile by shooting around.

Thanks.
Check this out: --LinkRemoved--

I'm watching people playing right now and judging by the still shots separated by ~8 second intervals... I think we can take them.
Let's do it.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:39 am

Jim_Stansel wrote:
It's been years since I played either due to a sports injury, but I'd love to pick them back up in law school now that my rehab is mostly done.

TaoTao

New

Post by TaoTao » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:14 am

Jim_Stansel wrote:
Cool! I have only been playing tennis for a few months, so I'm no Rafa Nadal. On the other hand, I've been playing squash for a couple years now on a somewhat regular basis. I can hold pretty decent rallies in both sports. We'll definitely have to keep in touch to play either one or both :D

TaoTao

New

Post by TaoTao » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:16 am

crazyinalabama wrote:
Jim_Stansel wrote:
Confession: I thought I sucked at tennis until the I watched the Real Housewives of NYC (stop judging...some of us are out of school and unemployed at the moment!). After watching these two women play, I think I might not be that bad after all... :lol:

Where I currently live several bars have beach volleyball leagues - nothing quite like drinking a little sand with your beer. Anything like that in Charlottesville?
Don't ask me why, but I actually saw that episode :oops: and I'm a guy!

I also enjoy playing beach volleyball!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TaoTao

New

Post by TaoTao » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:18 am

Kohinoor wrote:
Jim_Stansel wrote:
It's been years since I played either due to a sports injury, but I'd love to pick them back up in law school now that my rehab is mostly done.
Let's do it!

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Why do we still only have around 30 people on this board committed to going to UVA? Last year they had over 70!

omg

Bronze

Post by omg » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:16 pm

limegreen wrote:Why do we still only have around 30 people on this board committed to going to UVA? Last year they had over 70!
I'm not sure that everyone's listed on the front page. I know I'm not -- please add :D

Also, I think other people (Fup? ILikeIke? not to speak for anyone else, haha) are coming too but aren't on the front page yet...anyone else?

cakewalker

New

Post by cakewalker » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:33 pm

omg wrote:I'm not sure that everyone's listed on the front page. I know I'm not -- please add :D
UVA made me an offer I couldn't refuse... Sign me up as well!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”