UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
thesealocust

Platinum

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by thesealocust » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:59 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:06 pm

thesealocust wrote: As for the UVA emails, take a look back a few pages, just search the thread. It's way more complicated than it should ever be but all the details are posted.
Fixed.

NELAC1987

New

Post by NELAC1987 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:10 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
thesealocust wrote: As for the UVA emails, take a look back a few pages, just search the thread. It's way more complicated than it should ever be but all the details are posted.
Fixed.
Hm, I guess maybe there's just a glitch today. I tried to follow the steps, but when I clicked the "Request UVA GMail Account" I get an error.

jdn012

Bronze

Post by jdn012 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:11 pm

eh, i didn't draw any conclusions, just something that crossed my mind, that's all.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:20 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:22 pm

thesealocust wrote:It's all good.

Anyway, something crossed my mind: scouring over the small data set that is the 'help me choose' posts, it looks like UVA is able to be a lot more generous with aid than many of its peer schools. Is it possible that while other schools cut back, UVA stayed about the same, and as such is seeing yield/cross admit rates spike?

Just as an example, I have seen at least a handful of people weighing Georgetown and UVA offers, and do not recall a single instance of Georgetown's offer being higher.

Georgetown was notoriously stingy with money this year.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:24 pm

It's possible GULC's endowment took a bigger hit than UVA's.

cakewalker

New

Post by cakewalker » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:35 pm

iceberger wrote:Georgetown was notoriously stingy with money this year.
And last year, and the year before that, and the year before...

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Are taxis even that common in C'ville?
Yes, at least for the purpose of transporting drunken law students.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm

NELAC1987 wrote:Both deposits sent in today.

For those of you who might have already have UVA Law email accounts, how did you get them?
YCRevolution gave out some really great instructions, but it still took me forever. Who knew their IT / computing / email systems were so confusing and complex. They should make you try to sign up before they admit you and weed out some people.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:50 pm

cakewalker wrote:
iceberger wrote:Georgetown was notoriously stingy with money this year.
And last year, and the year before that, and the year before...
They were way more stingy this year (probably because their endowment took a beating). Last year, according to LSN, I would have gotten a great scholarship. This year they only gave me $10k/year, and some people got amounts as low as $5k/year, which was unheard of before this cycle.

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:15 pm

gladiator wrote:
Are taxis even that common in C'ville?
Yes, at least for the purpose of transporting drunken law students.

Great to know. Again, thanks for the input on this thread!

hotburrito

New

Post by hotburrito » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:21 pm

limegreen wrote:
NELAC1987 wrote:Both deposits sent in today.

For those of you who might have already have UVA Law email accounts, how did you get them?
YCRevolution gave out some really great instructions, but it still took me forever. Who knew their IT / computing / email systems were so confusing and complex. They should make you try to sign up before they admit you and weed out some people.
can you do it after you've paid your deposit? i've only done the one so far.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 pm

What do you guys think the chances are of UVA helping out recent grads like NW is going to?

--LinkRemoved--

Specifically, do you think UVA will institute something like the 36 month delay on loan payments with no balloon payment at the end of the period, and do you think UVA will institute some kind of health insurance extension (are UVA students even offered University health insurance???)?

cakewalker

New

Post by cakewalker » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Cavalier wrote:They were way more stingy this year (probably because their endowment took a beating). Last year, according to LSN, I would have gotten a great scholarship. This year they only gave me $10k/year, and some people got amounts as low as $5k/year, which was unheard of before this cycle.
Lol, agreed. There's living proof of a 5K-er right here.

Oh, and limegreen, love the new tar!

applepie

Bronze

Post by applepie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:01 pm

cakewalker wrote:
Cavalier wrote:They were way more stingy this year (probably because their endowment took a beating). Last year, according to LSN, I would have gotten a great scholarship. This year they only gave me $10k/year, and some people got amounts as low as $5k/year, which was unheard of before this cycle.
Lol, agreed. There's living proof of a 5K-er right here.

Oh, and limegreen, love the new tar!
seconding my love for the new tar

i had gotten so used to the lime, but this one is awesome

crazyinalabama

Bronze

Post by crazyinalabama » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:07 pm

So I have been trying to get my email set up for a week now. Here's the problem I am encountering and am just wondering if anyone else has had trouble with this: When it takes me to the page with the link to my quiz it says it expired April 1st (before I even had access to setup my email). I click on the quiz anyways, take it and pass, and then it returns to the expired page.

I've emailed IT and they asked me to call but I am working all day this week and haven't had a chance. Thus, I will call them next week when I have more time but I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same problem?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:57 pm

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Thanks! I was bored today and figured it was about time but I didn't want to get rid of my signature lime-greenness. What's sad is that on my current white MacBook the Apple is lime green and so is my incase, so everyone is going to know who I am pretty easily. Maybe I should get new stuff.

CE2JD

Silver

Post by CE2JD » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 pm

limegreen wrote:Thanks! I was bored today and figured it was about time but I didn't want to get rid of my signature lime-greenness. What's sad is that on my current white MacBook the Apple is lime green and so is my incase, so everyone is going to know who I am pretty easily. Maybe I should get new stuff.
Tell me you don't drive a lime green car.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:11 pm

CE2JD wrote:
limegreen wrote:Thanks! I was bored today and figured it was about time but I didn't want to get rid of my signature lime-greenness. What's sad is that on my current white MacBook the Apple is lime green and so is my incase, so everyone is going to know who I am pretty easily. Maybe I should get new stuff.
No, it's white... I am not obsessed or anything, it's just my favorite color so when I have to buy random things like a laptop case I buy green. The only thing over the top would be that I had to find and order a transparent green sticker/film to put on my apple and then cut it out perfectly with an exacto knife which ended up taking me hours and like 20 tries.

applepie

Bronze

Post by applepie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 pm

limegreen wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
No, it's white... I am not obsessed or anything, it's just my favorite color so when I have to buy random things like a laptop case I buy green. The only thing over the top would be that I had to find and order a transparent green sticker/film to put on my apple and then cut it out perfectly with an exacto knife which ended up taking me hours and like 20 tries.
my bf did something like this to his iphone...cept he put in green leds and had to cut out a plexi glass apple, then he got a 3g and he had to make a new back

i lost like 2 months of him...so ur hours does not seem so obsessive :)

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:15 pm

applepie wrote:
limegreen wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
my bf did something like this to his iphone...cept he put in green leds and had to cut out a plexi glass apple, then he got a 3g and he had to make a new back

i lost like 2 months of him...so ur hours does not seem so obsessive :)
Wow... that's dedication. I'm impressed (envious).

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:16 pm

limegreen wrote: Wow... that's dedication. I'm impressed (envious).
Lime green with envy? (sorry, I had to)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”