UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Cavalier

Gold

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by Cavalier » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:11 pm

Gosh, this past week has been so busy. I've been digging up all the practice finals for 1L classes I could find, and have just started writing responses to torts and civil procedure questions. They are much tougher than any college finals I've taken, but after going through each E&E twice in the past few months (as well as memorizing the text of several hundred court cases), I think I could probably get above the curve now. Hopefully by the time December rolls around I'll be able to score perfectly on all of my final exams. I'll undoubtedly spend winter break committing the blue book rules to memory.

Law review, here I come!!!

Rainmaker11

New

Post by Rainmaker11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm

thesealocust wrote:Has anyone read the tips for law school success posted under the articles section of TLS (main page, not forum)? It starts innocently, but by the end it has gone full-gunner and says flat out you are guaranteed to get As if you read all of the hornbooks and E&Es and bla bla bla during the summer before law school. Seems to fly in the face of anything I've actually heard from law students...

Also, I fantasize more often about the barracks road shopping center than about any other part of next year.
It cannot be mentally healthy to be so intense during the middle of the summer. Hopefully the gunner presence will be at a minimum at UVA.

So, what exactly will we be doing during orientation?

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Cavalier wrote:Gosh, this past week has been so busy. I've been digging up all the practice finals for 1L classes I could find, and have just started writing responses to torts and civil procedure questions. They are much tougher than any college finals I've taken, but after going through each E&E twice in the past few months (as well as memorizing the text of several hundred court cases), I think I could probably get above the curve now. Hopefully by the time December rolls around I'll be able to score perfectly on all of my final exams. I'll undoubtedly spend winter break committing the blue book rules to memory.

Geez dude, I've already taken every 1L final and studied for the bar. You're so far behind, kid.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:15 pm

That's quite a bold statement.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:16 pm

Rainmaker11 wrote:Hopefully the gunner presence will be at a minimum at UVA.
Hopefully we can make fun of gunning so mercilessly that it's not even an issue. I would assume UVA is among the least gunnerish schools anyway, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Rainmaker11 wrote:
thesealocust wrote:Has anyone read the tips for law school success posted under the articles section of TLS (main page, not forum)? It starts innocently, but by the end it has gone full-gunner and says flat out you are guaranteed to get As if you read all of the hornbooks and E&Es and bla bla bla during the summer before law school. Seems to fly in the face of anything I've actually heard from law students...

Also, I fantasize more often about the barracks road shopping center than about any other part of next year.
It cannot be mentally healthy to be so intense during the middle of the summer. Hopefully the gunner presence will be at a minimum at UVA.

drinking heavily?

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm

Plenty of people read hornbooks and study hard and find themselves at or even below the median so don't assume there's any easy answer. I never bought or read a single hornbook and ended up doing pretty well so do what works for you. I'm not saying to ignore advice from people who have been through the process but definitely don't assume their successful strategy will work for you. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but for the most part, a decent factor in determining law school success is just the pure luck of whether concepts click for you.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:23 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Rainmaker11 wrote:

drinking heavily?
I foresee BBQ/pool parties, meeting new people (especially all y'all), playing outdoors, and drinking. Pretty excited.

rdt854

New

Post by rdt854 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:24 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
Cavalier wrote:Gosh, this past week has been so busy. I've been digging up all the practice finals for 1L classes I could find, and have just started writing responses to torts and civil procedure questions. They are much tougher than any college finals I've taken, but after going through each E&E twice in the past few months (as well as memorizing the text of several hundred court cases), I think I could probably get above the curve now. Hopefully by the time December rolls around I'll be able to score perfectly on all of my final exams. I'll undoubtedly spend winter break committing the blue book rules to memory.

Geez dude, I've already taken every 1L final and studied for the bar. You're so far behind, kid.
Yeah man, your playin with the big boys now, studying all the past exams so late in the summer is a rookie move. I memorized all of them word for word the first day of summer, and have spent the rest of my free time consuming egregious quantities of alcohol... and still havent forgotten a word. your so overmatched dude, you should give up now, because youll never beat me. I run this shit
Last edited by rdt854 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lsatbobby

Bronze

Post by lsatbobby » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 pm

I didnt read the posts that prefaced this, and you really had me believing this for the first couple of sentences.

iamjikem

New

Post by iamjikem » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I just want to post on this page as it matches my LSAT score. :D
^^^^ 10 pages ago

I'm so glad I am able to participate, too! I just realized that I can now post for my score! I had to wait ten more pages to get the satisfaction of posting on the page corresponding with my LSAT score.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 pm

This is now my 4th post on the page of my LSAT score. :P :D :lol:

rdt854

New

Post by rdt854 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:38 pm

iamjikem wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:I just want to post on this page as it matches my LSAT score. :D
^^^^ 10 pages ago

I'm so glad I am able to participate, too! I just realized that I can now post for my score! I had to wait ten more pages to get the satisfaction of posting on the page corresponding with my LSAT score.
180? pshhh you clearly forgot to answer the bonus question that asked you to list ten ways to be a douche bag... I dominated that shit and got a 187, I rock so hard

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

rdt854 wrote:
iamjikem wrote:
^^^^ 10 pages ago

180? pshhh you clearly forgot to answer the bonus question that asked you to list ten ways to be a douche bag... I dominated that shit and got a 187, I rock so hard
You got a 187 because you murdered it, right?

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:41 pm

thesealocust wrote:Would it be too soon to plan a glorious pool-party-barbeque-TLS-techno-dance-party for sometime during or just before orientation?
No. Never too soon.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Good catch on the LSAT score, I almost missed the chance to point out my 180. I'm really waiting for a couple more pages to pass on by though, when the number will correspond with how many 1L practice exams I've taken in the past few weeks here. Two months till game time, right?

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something. Ivy and Jeffersonian are more along the lines of a motel pool minus the dead body.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 pm

gladiator wrote:Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something.
*summons Limegreen*

iamjikem

New

Post by iamjikem » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:47 pm

gladiator wrote:Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something. Ivy and Jeffersonian are more along the lines of a motel pool minus the dead body.
How about the pools at University Heights? I don't expect much more than the motel pool minus the dead body, but maybe I'll be surprised. Do you know, Gladiator?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:50 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
gladiator wrote:Woodlands has an awesome pool if any of you actually were going to plan something.
*summons Limegreen*

I'm moving into woodlands ~August 7th. I have to say the pool was a great selling feature

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:52 pm

iceberger wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:
*summons Limegreen*

I'm moving into woodlands ~August 7th. I have to say the pool was a great selling feature
Wow, it looks like a country club. :shock:

But if it's anything like one I'll probably get kicked out.

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:55 pm

thesealocust wrote:seriously, can we have a murder-suicide pact about ever discussing the LSAT [in the context of our performance on it] again?
I always feel dirty if it comes up in conversations, even with random people. Like asking someone how much money they make.

iamjikem

New

Post by iamjikem » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:00 pm

So, revisiting an old subject (sorry :oops: ), it seems like the consensus for lender is Discover. Were there specific reasons why Discover over another lender? I'm behind on this and just finally really getting around to researching it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”