UVA Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
geoffree

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2012

Post by geoffree » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:04 pm

They did waitlist an awful lot of people it seems, so I wouldn't read too much into them releasing a load of them.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:27 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Speaking of waitlists, I just got waitlisted at Harvard. Not that it matters - part of the reason why I submitted my deposit and signed a lease so quickly was that I'd be even less inclined to foolishly turn down my UVA scholarship for Harvard - but I'm tempted to see if I get accepted or not.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Can some of you guys help me out? Dean Trujillo just told me to retake the June LSAT!! It would GREATLY improve my chances. Please see my "Full-ride or T14" thread. Thanks!

hotburrito

New

Post by hotburrito » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Cavalier wrote:Speaking of waitlists, I just got waitlisted at Harvard. Not that it matters - part of the reason why I submitted my deposit and signed a lease so quickly was that I'd be even less inclined to foolishly turn down my UVA scholarship for Harvard - but I'm tempted to see if I get accepted or not.
same position. i absolutely do not expect to get off the waitlist, and i am really very happy with uva, but i am inclined to wait it out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hotburrito

New

Post by hotburrito » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:51 pm

does anybody swim? i am pretty out of shape right now, but i think if i had a good workout buddy i would like to get back in to it.

jdn012

Bronze

Post by jdn012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:53 pm

hotburrito wrote:does anybody swim? i am pretty out of shape right now, but i think if i had a good workout buddy i would like to get back in to it.
I do. Am out of shape right now too, but used to do the whole competitive swimming thing (i.e. 5:00AM practices and the dreaded dryland crap)

omg

Bronze

Post by omg » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:54 pm

jdn012 wrote:
hotburrito wrote:does anybody swim? i am pretty out of shape right now, but i think if i had a good workout buddy i would like to get back in to it.
I do. Am out of shape right now too, but used to do the whole competitive swimming thing (i.e. 5:00AM practices and the dreaded dryland crap)
+1. I'll definitely swim with you all, but hell no to 5 am or drylands everrr again.

ILikeIke

New

Post by ILikeIke » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:57 pm

I enjoy swimming as cross training for my running, and I'd be up for having someone to meet up with, but I've never done a "real" swimming work out like I've seen posted on the board at my gym- with intervals and pulls and kicks and everything. I usually just swim 2000-4000 m, alternating between freestyle and breast stroke. Still, if you're just looking for someone to meet you at the gym to make you go (or if you want to teach me how to do a serious swim work out), I'm game.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jdn012

Bronze

Post by jdn012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:58 pm

omg wrote:
jdn012 wrote:
+1. I'll definitely swim with you all, but hell no to 5 am or drylands everrr again.
Yeah, definitely no more 5:00 AM practices for me either. Hated drylands as well - something that my coach loved to make us do.

hotburrito

New

Post by hotburrito » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:06 pm

omg wrote:
jdn012 wrote:
i got up to the 5 am drylands doubles etc. level and said, "mmm... about that... i think i'm just going to do high school from here on out, okay?" i'm thinking more like the occasional 1000 SKIPS or something.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Freshman year of HS + 6AM drylands = me taking hour long bathroom breaks

ndm2007

New

Post by ndm2007 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:15 pm

vamedic03 wrote:
ndm2007 wrote:anyone like poker in addition to/instead of athletic endeavors? I'm pretty good......
Count me in too
sounds great..I'm actually not good at all, but I love to play

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:18 pm

Cavalier wrote:So apparently UVA just released a bunch of people from the waitlist. Their e-mail stated that they've been getting a lot of seat deposits. I wonder if they will overenroll again.

I wonder about this too. I mean the UVA facebook group already has 210 members compared to NYU's ~50

jdn012

Bronze

Post by jdn012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:21 pm

iceberger wrote:
Cavalier wrote:So apparently UVA just released a bunch of people from the waitlist. Their e-mail stated that they've been getting a lot of seat deposits. I wonder if they will overenroll again.

I wonder about this too. I mean the UVA facebook group already has 210 members compared to NYU's ~50
Yeah, but some of those people may go elsewhere? I saw a couple of posts back that someone had said that there are people in that group that are in multiple "Class of 2012" groups for a number of schools. Maybe as we approach the deposit deadline, the group will narrow itself to people who are actually attending UVA in the fall?

limegreen

Silver

Post by limegreen » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:30 pm

Why would you join the UVA FB group if you weren't going?

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:33 pm

limegreen wrote:Why would you join the UVA FB group if you weren't going?
To asses how good looking your classmates will be i guess? haha, I'm with you, i can't figure that one out either.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jdn012

Bronze

Post by jdn012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:34 pm

iceberger wrote:
limegreen wrote:Why would you join the UVA FB group if you weren't going?
To asses how good looking your classmates will be i guess? haha, I'm with you, i can't figure that one out either.
eh, on some of the groups, you can just join - without any admin approval so maybe that's why.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Another 1L and I swim a couple times a week . . . although we're in pretty good shape, you all are more than welcome to join when you get here!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:55 pm

bulldog4574 wrote:
Sxhawnn wrote:^^ usually the one who's getting up there in age. high probability of wearing a head band and high probability of being extremely sweaty. Will scream angrily at teammates for not doing their "jobs," and usually capable of doing a great impression of dikembe mutombo with the elbow swinging.

Yes I know the ones your talking about. I also do play a bit of basketball but don't take it very seriously at all. I usually just like to run around for the cardio. And even though i'm 200 lb+ and 6 feet tall, I too will stand at the three point line all day long. (I hate making body contact with other sweaty people). I will tell you before the game starts that you can count on me to make about 10 percent of my shots and I am NOT shy about hurling the rock so pass to me with discretion.
You sound like a fun guy to play with, and i've totally played against the guy you described. And props to gladiator for the Steve Kerr reference, somewhat dated and certainly obscure but props nonetheless.
My childhood was filled with Steve Kerr/Robert Horry championship runs and I haven't really been an NBA fan since.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:57 pm

gladiator wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:
Sxhawnn wrote:^^ usually the one who's getting up there in age. high probability of wearing a head band and high probability of being extremely sweaty. Will scream angrily at teammates for not doing their "jobs," and usually capable of doing a great impression of dikembe mutombo with the elbow swinging.

Yes I know the ones your talking about. I also do play a bit of basketball but don't take it very seriously at all. I usually just like to run around for the cardio. And even though i'm 200 lb+ and 6 feet tall, I too will stand at the three point line all day long. (I hate making body contact with other sweaty people). I will tell you before the game starts that you can count on me to make about 10 percent of my shots and I am NOT shy about hurling the rock so pass to me with discretion.
You sound like a fun guy to play with, and i've totally played against the guy you described. And props to gladiator for the Steve Kerr reference, somewhat dated and certainly obscure but props nonetheless.
My childhood was filled with Steve Kerr/Robert Horry championship runs and I haven't really been an NBA fan since.
As a Suns fan I am compelled to hate both Steve Kerr and Robert Horry. :evil:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Does anyone know the deadline to accept a UVA scholarship?

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Kohinoor wrote:Does anyone know the deadline to accept a UVA scholarship?
I assume its the same as the seat deposit deadline, which is April 30.

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Kohinoor wrote:Does anyone know the deadline to accept a UVA scholarship?

I called the scholarship office back when I was still deciding and they told me it was the same as the deposit deadline of May 1st. Also, fwiw, there is no GPA requirement or anything attached to the scholly.

bulldog4574

New

Post by bulldog4574 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:
gladiator wrote:
bulldog4574 wrote:

As a Suns fan I am compelled to hate both Steve Kerr and Robert Horry. :evil:
You have to respect Robert Horry, the guy does nothing but hit clutch shots.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”