Northwestern 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
N2012
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby N2012 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:56 pm

.
Last edited by N2012 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:07 pm

Lizface killah wrote:TLSin' in Class. Taking Questions.


I managed to keep TLS blocked all weekend and today. Taking a cheating break as a "cookie" to make up for burning myself making dinner. :(

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:29 pm

rayiner wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:TLSin' in Class. Taking Questions.


I managed to keep TLS blocked all weekend and today. Taking a cheating break as a "cookie" to make up for burning myself making dinner. :(


ooo how do you block yourself? I really need to. Though, in my defense, it was intro to shit everyone who has ever spent time in a law firm already knows day in Civ Pro.

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 pm

Corsair wrote:I demand to be added to various people's gchat lists. smith.jared


Nice.
--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
EarlCat
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby EarlCat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:46 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
Corsair wrote:I demand to be added to various people's gchat lists. smith.jared


Nice.
--ImageRemoved--


Corsair looks just like this...

User avatar
EarlCat
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:04 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby EarlCat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:46 pm

N2012 wrote:I can not find the apex file for legal reasoning on the blackboard site. Any ideas? It is supposed to be in the law school pre-arrival folder. This file seems no where to be found on my blackboard. Is apex blackboard separate from the general one?


ProTip: Apex is worthless.

User avatar
TTT-LS
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby TTT-LS » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:05 am

.
Last edited by TTT-LS on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:10 am

Lizface killah wrote:
rayiner wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:TLSin' in Class. Taking Questions.


I managed to keep TLS blocked all weekend and today. Taking a cheating break as a "cookie" to make up for burning myself making dinner. :(


ooo how do you block yourself? I really need to. Though, in my defense, it was intro to shit everyone who has ever spent time in a law firm already knows day in Civ Pro.


If you're on a Mac, try Glimmer Blocker. You can block websites by host name.

Or, just edit /etc/hosts and add the line:

127.0.0.1 http://www.top-law-schools.com

Or both for multiple layers of protection. :lol:

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:02 am

..

User avatar
TTT-LS
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby TTT-LS » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:05 pm

.
Last edited by TTT-LS on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:29 pm

..

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:29 pm

My CLR section is like 20% engineers. I'm gonna try and gauge if we have sufficient numbers to get away with making "international animal rights law" jokes...

User avatar
TTT-LS
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby TTT-LS » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:42 pm

.
Last edited by TTT-LS on Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:38 pm

Has anyone who signed up for direct deposit received their funds yet? I'm still waiting on mine and am getting impatient...

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Our civ pro prof keeps getting philosophical and I have to resist the inclnation to be in a constant state of eye rolling. Is the moral justification for common law systems really going to be on the exam? Will I be required to analyze natural law as such a possible justification for the Illinois bar?

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:48 pm

rayiner wrote:Our civ pro prof keeps getting philosophical and I have to resist the inclnation to be in a constant state of eye rolling. Is the moral justification for common law systems really going to be on the exam? Will I be required to analyze natural law as such a possible justification for the Illinois bar?


Are you talking about Conley?

That shit does go deep.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
rayiner wrote:Our civ pro prof keeps getting philosophical and I have to resist the inclnation to be in a constant state of eye rolling. Is the moral justification for common law systems really going to be on the exam? Will I be required to analyze natural law as such a possible justification for the Illinois bar?


Are you talking about Conley?

That shit does go deep.


I get the pedagogical purpose I just resent the submarine philosophy class. I'm a big fan of answering "why?" with "just because!"

I love Friedman though. He's all "law and economics." It makes me happy.
Last edited by rayiner on Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:55 pm

rayiner wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:
rayiner wrote:Our civ pro prof keeps getting philosophical and I have to resist the inclnation to be in a constant state of eye rolling. Is the moral justification for common law systems really going to be on the exam? Will I be required to analyze natural law as such a possible justification for the Illinois bar?


Are you talking about Conley?

That shit does go deep.


Allen. I get the pedagogical purpose I just resent the submarine philosophy class. I'm a big fan of answering "why?" with "just because!"



Conley v. Gibson...

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:59 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
rayiner wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:
rayiner wrote:Our civ pro prof keeps getting philosophical and I have to resist the inclnation to be in a constant state of eye rolling. Is the moral justification for common law systems really going to be on the exam? Will I be required to analyze natural law as such a possible justification for the Illinois bar?


Are you talking about Conley?

That shit does go deep.


Allen. I get the pedagogical purpose I just resent the submarine philosophy class. I'm a big fan of answering "why?" with "just because!"



Conley v. Gibson...


If our prof would quit with the philosophical tangents maybe we wouldve gotten to discussing some cases... Or, um, law...

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Friedman is great, but my favorite prof is Lupo. He's funny when he's walking around fishing for points...

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:01 pm

rayiner wrote:
If our prof would quit with the philosophical tangents maybe we wouldve gotten to discussing some cases... Or, um, law...

It wasn't even in the context of a case. :shock:

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm

hmlee wrote:Friedman is great, but my favorite prof is Lupo. He's funny when he's walking around fishing for points...


Lupo got philosophical today but there was actually a point to it: to help us understand the complexity of the law surrounding damages. That I can understand...

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
rayiner wrote:
If our prof would quit with the philosophical tangents maybe we wouldve gotten to discussing some cases... Or, um, law...

It wasn't even in the context of a case. :shock:


No, were just exploring the nature of common and from whence it derives it's moral justification. I don't see cases in our future for awhile, though they certainly are in the reading which I do dutifully if futiley.

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Elms » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:13 pm

rayiner wrote:Our civ pro prof keeps getting philosophical and I have to resist the inclnation to be in a constant state of eye rolling. Is the moral justification for common law systems really going to be on the exam? Will I be required to analyze natural law as such a possible justification for the Illinois bar?

Someone told me that "What do lions, wolves and water have to do with Civil Procedure?" was an actual exam question in the past. :?

I think Friedman is my favorite so far, but I really like Lupo as well. I think he's a really meaningfully engaging professor and I like that.

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Elms » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 pm

hmlee wrote:Has anyone who signed up for direct deposit received their funds yet? I'm still waiting on mine and am getting impatient...


I'm still waiting on mine. The email I got said within 48 hours and it has now been 49 1/2. I want my money! :(




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests