Northwestern 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
katester
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby katester » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Hey all,

New to the site, but very much looking forward to meeting you all in a few short weeks. Heading out from San Francisco August 15th and living in McClurg. Looking forward to going out as much as possible before school starts and, having been to Chicago twice in my life, seeing what the next few years has in store. Any get-togethers been planned yet??

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Corsair » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:51 pm

..

katester
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby katester » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Corsair wrote:As Rayiner just said on the previous page: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80765


thanks!

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:06 am

So, this is sort of random but... Is anyone on here a fan of college football such that they'll be following Northwestern this year (even though we're going to law school)? And does anyone like blogging? Ideally both but...

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:45 am

hmlee wrote:So, this is sort of random but... Is anyone on here a fan of college football such that they'll be following Northwestern this year (even though we're going to law school)? And does anyone like blogging? Ideally both but...


big-time college football fan ... i'm down

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:06 am

Also a college football fan, but there is no way I'm rooting for any big-10 teams...

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:14 am

rayiner wrote:Also a college football fan, but there is no way I'm rooting for any big-10 teams...


My only allegiance in the big-10 will be towards NU ...

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Elms » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm in Chicago!!!! Moved in yesterday... now I just have to get to unpacking all my junk :(

I love the city and I'm so excited! :mrgreen:

User avatar
tome
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby tome » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Any of those of you in town at the moment going to take advantage of cheap Sox tickets ($9) in honour of Buehrle's perfect game?

User avatar
tome
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby tome » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Talking of baseball, anyone notice that they seem to have taken the Cubs game off the orientation? Weak.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:27 pm

tome wrote:Talking of baseball, anyone notice that they seem to have taken the Cubs game off the orientation? Weak.


Aw. When did that happen? I've been looking forward to that all summer.

User avatar
tome
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby tome » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:32 pm

hmlee wrote:
tome wrote:Talking of baseball, anyone notice that they seem to have taken the Cubs game off the orientation? Weak.


Aw. When did that happen? I've been looking forward to that all summer.


I remember reading about it, I thought on the carefully titled 'tentative' orientation schedule. I don't see it now. I am guessing it has been canceled. :'(

... either that or I read about it somewhere else and it is all still good. Ha.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:50 pm

tome wrote:
hmlee wrote:
tome wrote:Talking of baseball, anyone notice that they seem to have taken the Cubs game off the orientation? Weak.


Aw. When did that happen? I've been looking forward to that all summer.


I remember reading about it, I thought on the carefully titled 'tentative' orientation schedule. I don't see it now. I am guessing it has been canceled. :'(

... either that or I read about it somewhere else and it is all still good. Ha.


I just confirmed with the admissions office who called student affairs. The game outing has been cancelled. Anyone want to get a group together and go on our own at some point?

TheHammer24
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby TheHammer24 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm Down for a cubs game. I've always wanted to go to Wrigley

User avatar
Dick Whitman
Posts: 232
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:55 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Dick Whitman » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:42 pm

Going to see the Sox play in a couple days. Still need to check out a Cubs game.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:04 pm

hmlee wrote:
tome wrote:
hmlee wrote:
tome wrote:Talking of baseball, anyone notice that they seem to have taken the Cubs game off the orientation? Weak.


Aw. When did that happen? I've been looking forward to that all summer.


I remember reading about it, I thought on the carefully titled 'tentative' orientation schedule. I don't see it now. I am guessing it has been canceled. :'(

... either that or I read about it somewhere else and it is all still good. Ha.


I just confirmed with the admissions office who called student affairs. The game outing has been cancelled. Anyone want to get a group together and go on our own at some point?


I am certainly down for this ... Wrigley is a shrine!

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Got the email that that Stephanie will be leaving Northwestern ... very sad. She was awesome! :(

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby enygma » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:00 pm

moved in at the new place. loving chicago so far. hating comcast, but that was expected.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:05 pm

enygma wrote:moved in at the new place. loving chicago so far. hating comcast, but that was expected.


I am stuck with RCN ... IMO, Comcast wins out ... I can't wait to move to chicago although I have two more weeks until the windy city can "blow me away" :wink:

User avatar
69sofine
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby 69sofine » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:03 am

Less than a week away for me. I can't wait.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:23 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
enygma wrote:moved in at the new place. loving chicago so far. hating comcast, but that was expected.


I am stuck with RCN ... IMO, Comcast wins out ... I can't wait to move to chicago although I have two more weeks until the windy city can "blow me away" :wink:


Dude, RCN = way better than Comcast. I had Comcast for 3 years and have now had RCN for 1... cheaper and faster and easier to deal with!

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:26 pm

chadwick218 wrote:Got the email that that Stephanie will be leaving Northwestern ... very sad. She was awesome! :(


I saw that too and it made me sad... :(

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:54 pm

hmlee wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:
enygma wrote:moved in at the new place. loving chicago so far. hating comcast, but that was expected.


I am stuck with RCN ... IMO, Comcast wins out ... I can't wait to move to chicago although I have two more weeks until the windy city can "blow me away" :wink:


Dude, RCN = way better than Comcast. I had Comcast for 3 years and have now had RCN for 1... cheaper and faster and easier to deal with!


Okay, this makes me :D. As for Comcast, I always thought that the product was satisfactory, but the customer service abysmal.

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Elms » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:37 pm

hmlee wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:Got the email that that Stephanie will be leaving Northwestern ... very sad. She was awesome! :(


I saw that too and it made me sad... :(


I didn't get this email. Did it go to your personal or nlaw account? I feel like I haven't heard anything from NU for a while and I'm wondering if somehow their emails are not getting through to me.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Elms wrote:
hmlee wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:Got the email that that Stephanie will be leaving Northwestern ... very sad. She was awesome! :(


I saw that too and it made me sad... :(


I didn't get this email. Did it go to your personal or nlaw account? I feel like I haven't heard anything from NU for a while and I'm wondering if somehow their emails are not getting through to me.


It went to my personal account, not my NU one...




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest