Northwestern 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
69sofine
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby 69sofine » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:14 am

Corsair wrote:So who is already in Chicago?

Not me, but I did just book a one-way flight for August 11th. Only 3 weeks away.

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby enygma » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Aug 4, here i come.

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby enygma » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 pm

so it says that a domestic partner can get a gym membership too. is there any reason my girlfriend would be unable to take advantage of this since we're living together?

TheHammer24
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby TheHammer24 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:11 pm

As far as I know domestic partnership refers to a couple living together who are neither married or in a legal civil union. So I guess, technically speaking, you should be able to.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Corsair wrote:So who is already in Chicago?


I'm here. Living the unemployment lifestyle.

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Going apartment hunting tomorrow. Anyone know of good deals within walking distance?

fstuff
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby fstuff » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:34 pm

enygma wrote:so it says that a domestic partner can get a gym membership too. is there any reason my girlfriend would be unable to take advantage of this since we're living together?
I was just looking into this myself. http://www.univsvcs.northwestern.edu/fitness/#faq says:
# Do I have to send a copy of my marriage certificate if I am including my spouse in my membership?
We cannot process your application unless you provide us with a copy of the marriage certificate when applying for spousal membership. Certificates in a foreign language are acceptable as well.
# Is my same-sex domestic partner eligible for membership?
Yes, if you're eligible and you have completed a Declaration of Same Sex Domestic Relationship forms on file with Benefits in Human Resources.


If I were you, I wouldn't tell your girlfriend...she might make you get married just so she can go to the gym too ;P

fstuff
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby fstuff » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:36 pm

Lizface killah wrote:Going apartment hunting tomorrow. Anyone know of good deals within walking distance?

I used craigslist and had good luck finding a roommate situation. Are you looking to rent your own place or rent a room with some roommates? I'd be happy to pass along a few leads on places that I thought were nice but didn't go for, if you are looking to share a place with 1 or 2 people.

User avatar
69sofine
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby 69sofine » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Lizface killah wrote:Going apartment hunting tomorrow. Anyone know of good deals within walking distance?

The Onterie is the closest to school and the cheapest. That's where I'm living. If you like I can PM you the details of the person I worked with there.

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Corsair » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 pm

..

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:08 pm

69sofine wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:Going apartment hunting tomorrow. Anyone know of good deals within walking distance?

The Onterie is the closest to school and the cheapest. That's where I'm living. If you like I can PM you the details of the person I worked with there.


+1 on the Onterie for a single unit ... McClurg has some attractive openings available, but really only for 2 bd / 2 ba. Onterie has a couple of spacious studios and with in the NU Student Discount of $500 - $750, you can get monthly rent somewhat close to $900.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 pm

Sadly, I will not be there until August 22nd.

By the way, I am currently in Japan and will be here for the next 2 weeks? Anyone going to be around?

User avatar
on_ne_sait_jamais
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:20 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby on_ne_sait_jamais » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:18 am

chadwick218 wrote:Sadly, I will not be there until August 22nd.

By the way, I am currently in Japan and will be here for the next 2 weeks? Anyone going to be around?


You going to be in Japan only for the next two weeks? Or are you hopping around a little bit?

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:35 am

on_ne_sait_jamais wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:Sadly, I will not be there until August 22nd.

By the way, I am currently in Japan and will be here for the next 2 weeks? Anyone going to be around?


You going to be in Japan only for the next two weeks? Or are you hopping around a little bit?


I will be in Tokyo all of next week and then "Shinkansening" around for a bit.

User avatar
Spor
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:31 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Spor » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Good news everyone! I finally sold my car. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to sell in time, and that would have been very annoying.

I think I'm mostly ready for my August 3rd arrival in Chicago. Couldn't be more excited.

User avatar
Elms
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Elms » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Spor wrote:Good news everyone! I finally sold my car. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to sell in time, and that would have been very annoying.

I think I'm mostly ready for my August 3rd arrival in Chicago. Couldn't be more excited.


Congrats! I'm trying to sell my car and it hasn't happened yet, but we've sold my husbands car and motorcycle, so hopefully mine will go soon. I'm set to be in Chicago on August 1st.

Today was my last day of work, so I'm now officially unemployed... feels a little scary!

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Elms wrote:
Spor wrote:Good news everyone! I finally sold my car. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to sell in time, and that would have been very annoying.

I think I'm mostly ready for my August 3rd arrival in Chicago. Couldn't be more excited.


Congrats! I'm trying to sell my car and it hasn't happened yet, but we've sold my husbands car and motorcycle, so hopefully mine will go soon. I'm set to be in Chicago on August 1st.

Today was my last day of work, so I'm now officially unemployed... feels a little scary!


It's not that scary. You get used to it. :) I'm so excited about school starting soon... which makes me wonder if I'm a little bit weird.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Being a u of c alum, you're almost certainly a little bit weird hmlee...

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby enygma » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:01 pm

hmlee wrote:
Elms wrote:
Spor wrote:Good news everyone! I finally sold my car. I was beginning to think it wasn't going to sell in time, and that would have been very annoying.

I think I'm mostly ready for my August 3rd arrival in Chicago. Couldn't be more excited.


Congrats! I'm trying to sell my car and it hasn't happened yet, but we've sold my husbands car and motorcycle, so hopefully mine will go soon. I'm set to be in Chicago on August 1st.

Today was my last day of work, so I'm now officially unemployed... feels a little scary!


It's not that scary. You get used to it. :) I'm so excited about school starting soon... which makes me wonder if I'm a little bit weird.


i'm definitely excited, myself. there are few things in the world quite so great as starting something totally new.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:08 pm

rayiner wrote:Being a u of c alum, you're almost certainly a little bit weird hmlee...


Aw, thanks Rayiner... I guess?

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 pm

hmlee wrote:
rayiner wrote:Being a u of c alum, you're almost certainly a little bit weird hmlee...


Aw, thanks Rayiner... I guess?

Hey, there is nothing wrong with being a bit weird. Otherwise yours truely would be in trouble...

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:07 am

chadwick218 wrote:
69sofine wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:Going apartment hunting tomorrow. Anyone know of good deals within walking distance?

The Onterie is the closest to school and the cheapest. That's where I'm living. If you like I can PM you the details of the person I worked with there.


+1 on the Onterie for a single unit ... McClurg has some attractive openings available, but really only for 2 bd / 2 ba. Onterie has a couple of spacious studios and with in the NU Student Discount of $500 - $750, you can get monthly rent somewhat close to $900.


I have an apartment! And the view is breathtaking!

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:25 am

Lizface killah wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:
69sofine wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:Going apartment hunting tomorrow. Anyone know of good deals within walking distance?

The Onterie is the closest to school and the cheapest. That's where I'm living. If you like I can PM you the details of the person I worked with there.


+1 on the Onterie for a single unit ... McClurg has some attractive openings available, but really only for 2 bd / 2 ba. Onterie has a couple of spacious studios and with in the NU Student Discount of $500 - $750, you can get monthly rent somewhat close to $900.


I have an apartment! And the view is breathtaking!


Fantastic ... what bldg did you go with?

User avatar
Corsair
Posts: 3997
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 1981 12:25 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Corsair » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:14 am

..

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Chicago meetup before school starts!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80765

Plz to attend, thx!




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest