Northwestern 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
chadwick218

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:25 am

Spor wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:Received enrollment certification survey today via emial from NU. The deadline to complete the survey is Friday of next week. For those who remain on the WL, hopefully the survey will prompt any students who do not plan to attend NU in the fall to withdraw and we'll see some action in the followings weeks.

That post is from the waitlist thread, but did everyone else get said email? I didn't :/

Spor, just in case, try checking your junk mail ... that's where I found it and generally where all critical messages tend to go for me ... fortunately, all emails advertising self enhancement products go right to my inbox :wink:

Spor

Postby Spor » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:15 am

Looks like I've had it all along. :oops:
I thought all important emails were now going to our nlaw accounts; I guess I didn't check the email I used for law school admissions. I thought I did, but I guess not.

So no worries everyone, they didn't forget about me.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:15 am

Spor wrote:Looks like I've had it all along. :oops:
I thought all important emails were now going to our nlaw accounts; I guess I didn't check the email I used for law school admissions. I thought I did, but I guess not.

So no worries everyone, they didn't forget about me.

:lol:

I can tell you and me are going to have fun next year.

enygma

Postby enygma » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:21 pm

anyone wanna go see phish and/or porcupine tree with me in august?

Lizface killah

Postby Lizface killah » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:22 pm

enygma wrote:anyone wanna go see phish and/or porcupine tree with me in august?

No, but I want Arctic Monkeys tickets.

hmlee

Postby hmlee » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Anyone thinking of going to Lollapalooza this year? I'm considering going to the Friday day of it, but not sure if any of my current friends are up for the price of the ticket...

Lizface killah

Postby Lizface killah » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:45 pm

hmlee wrote:Anyone thinking of going to Lollapalooza this year? I'm considering going to the Friday day of it, but not sure if any of my current friends are up for the price of the ticket...

I saw the line up and I was all :shock: :mrgreen: :twisted:

And then I saw the price and I was all :cry:

on_ne_sait_jamais

Postby on_ne_sait_jamais » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
hmlee wrote:Anyone thinking of going to Lollapalooza this year? I'm considering going to the Friday day of it, but not sure if any of my current friends are up for the price of the ticket...

I think last year's line up was much more :shock: :mrgreen: :twisted:
where as this years line up is more blah...

Lizface killah

Postby Lizface killah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:51 pm

on_ne_sait_jamais wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:

I did pay attention to last year's line up. But Depeche Mode, Arctic Monkeys, TV on the Radio, Lou Reed, Beastie Boys and Snoop got my attention.

enygma

Postby enygma » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
on_ne_sait_jamais wrote:
Lizface killah wrote:

I did pay attention to last year's line up. But Depeche Mode, Arctic Monkeys, TV on the Radio, Lou Reed, Beastie Boys and Snoop got my attention.

ALSO atmosphere, jane's addiction, animal collective, ra ra riot, band of horses, dan auerbach, bunches more. i think i'm gonna go all three days.

anyone get the e-mail about summer prep? do you basically have to be a disadvantaged minority to do it? anyone thinking about doing it?

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:46 pm

I also received the Sonnenschein email. Given that I'll be working right up until orientation, I will be unable to attend. I have heard very good things from those who have attended similar programs in the past.

enygma

Postby enygma » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 pm

also, it makes no mention of cost. is it free?

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:57 pm

enygma wrote:also, it makes no mention of cost. is it free?

free

enygma

Postby enygma » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:08 pm

anyone else get a facebook solicitation from the husband of a 2011 student? let's just say that if your name rhymes with fartin' you haven't put out a good first impression...

animalcrkrs

Postby animalcrkrs » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Renting at Lakeshore Plaza and just crossing my fingers that the Section 8 stuff is not a big deal...anyone with experiences there or heard stuff good or bad? I've seen mixed reviews about it but figure I can break lease and move if it is bad...

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:36 pm

enygma wrote:anyone else get a facebook solicitation from the husband of a 2011 student? let's just say that if your name rhymes with fartin' you haven't put out a good first impression...

Me too.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:50 pm

rayiner wrote:
enygma wrote:anyone else get a facebook solicitation from the husband of a 2011 student? let's just say that if your name rhymes with fartin' you haven't put out a good first impression...

Me too.

Yeah, that was not cool ... instant loss of credibility IMO.

on_ne_sait_jamais

Postby on_ne_sait_jamais » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:52 pm

ALSO atmosphere, jane's addiction, animal collective, ra ra riot, band of horses, dan auerbach, bunches more. i think i'm gonna go all three days.

anyone get the e-mail about summer prep? do you basically have to be a disadvantaged minority to do it? anyone thinking about doing it?[/quote]

Beastie Boys, Snoop, and atmosphere will be off the hook... Everyone else??? not so sure

And last year's lineup... just to name a few!!
Radiohead, Blues Traveler rage against the machine, NIN, Gnarls Barkely, Bloc Party, Girl Talk, Lupe fiasco, Kanye!!!
2008>>>>>2009

Spor

Postby Spor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Well now I'm curious if I got the facebook message. It's a shame my employer views facebook as a potential hindrance to my productivity and blocks it. If only they would realize it doesn't matter; there is a plethora of shit on the internet to keep me entertained without facebook. Nah, but it all seriousness, I'm too busy at work to even have time to waste on facebook. Just let me check it for 5 minutes, ya damn Nazis.

Lizface killah

Postby Lizface killah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:30 pm

on_ne_sait_jamais wrote:

anyone get the e-mail about summer prep? do you basically have to be a disadvantaged minority to do it? anyone thinking about doing it?

Beastie Boys, Snoop, and atmosphere will be off the hook... Everyone else??? not so sure

And last year's lineup... just to name a few!!
Radiohead, Blues Traveler rage against the machine, NIN, Gnarls Barkely, Bloc Party, Girl Talk, Lupe fiasco, Kanye!!!
2008>>>>>2009[/quote]

I dunno. I would only rewind to 2008 for Radiohead, BT and Rage. Gnarls and Bloc Party would be nice but they don't have me reaching for my wallet.

I would call it about even, with Radiohead pulling more than their fair share of the 2008 appeal.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:07 pm

I'll be in Chicago for the next couple of days trying to finalize housing ... I have a double header at Wrigley to attend tomorrow, but let me know if anyone else will be in town.

On a another note, despite living in a hotel for almost three years of work, I used priceline for the first time today! 4-star hotel within immediate walking distance of the Miracle Mile for $64 which includes taxes (they actually excepted my ridiculously low bid of $50) ... sweet! :)

tome

Postby tome » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:20 am

chadwick218 wrote:
rayiner wrote:

Me too.

Wow. That is super-harsh. All he said was that he knew of some deals with apartments and a better health insurance.

I met him at DANL, and he was a really nice, interesting guy. I really don't get what about his message invoked this response. I guess I am the only one who thought it was reasonable, so maybe I am missing something.

(I think he is involved with running co-council, and assumed that it was only sent to those who asked that group to send them messages. Did you guys not sign up? Either way, I still dont get what is so terrible.)

tome

Postby tome » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:22 am

chadwick218 wrote:I also received the Sonnenschein email. Given that I'll be working right up until orientation, I will be unable to attend. I have heard very good things from those who have attended similar programs in the past.

I dont think I will do this. I am trying to get in as much time with my wife as possible. Also, I am not sure if you will learn anything you could not learn from Getting to Maybe. It might be cool so you could meet people not in your section, but that is what orientation is for, right?!

enygma

Postby enygma » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:01 pm

tome wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:
rayiner wrote:

Me too.

Wow. That is super-harsh. All he said was that he knew of some deals with apartments and a better health insurance.

I met him at DANL, and he was a really nice, interesting guy. I really don't get what about his message invoked this response. I guess I am the only one who thought it was reasonable, so maybe I am missing something.

(I think he is involved with running co-council, and assumed that it was only sent to those who asked that group to send them messages. Did you guys not sign up? Either way, I still dont get what is so terrible.)

i guess it's because he's not a student, and is using the 2012 group to send out advertisements. he wasn't doing anyone a favor, he was advertising his business.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:09 am

enygma wrote:i guess it's because he's not a student, and is using the 2012 group to send out advertisements. he wasn't doing anyone a favor, he was advertising his business.

+1 ... it wasn't so much what was said as it was the forum in which it was said ... i am sure that he is a great guy ... i just felt that it was a shameless plug to some extent.

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”