Northwestern 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
spankercheese
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby spankercheese » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:30 pm

23

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:32 pm

26 1/2

TheHammer24
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby TheHammer24 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 pm

rayiner wrote:25. Average age at NU is allegedly 26, which is awesome.

Haha, I don't know. It was actually one of the bigger turnoffs for me. I'm only 23, but feel my interests match up pretty closely with those still in undergrad.

I'm fearful of your mature interests! People still go out drinking to let loose once in a while right?

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:34 pm

FWIW, working / professional experiences aside, I am less mature now than when I was 21 so I think that you'll be fine.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:36 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:
rayiner wrote:25. Average age at NU is allegedly 26, which is awesome.

Haha, I don't know. It was actually one of the bigger turnoffs for me. I'm only 23, but feel my interests match up pretty closely with those still in undergrad.

I'm fearful of your mature interests! People still go out drinking to let loose once in a while right?


Mature interests like drinking beer and watching Dexter on DVD. :P

I was more going for the fact that people a few years out of college tend to be a bit more interesting and also more grounded. Paying bills does wonders for someone's outlook on life.

User avatar
hmlee
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby hmlee » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:39 pm

23 here as well. I feel like a munchkin!

User avatar
gus
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby gus » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:06 pm

going on 24, and i found plenty of other below-median admits to mingle with at DANL

Raison d'être
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Raison d'être » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:44 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:
rayiner wrote:25. Average age at NU is allegedly 26, which is awesome.

Haha, I don't know. It was actually one of the bigger turnoffs for me. I'm only 23, but feel my interests match up pretty closely with those still in undergrad.

I'm fearful of your mature interests! People still go out drinking to let loose once in a while right?


I'm 24 and I will be happy to go out drinking...But yeah, I actually like that the student body is older. I think once you're out of college age doesn't really mean much anymore.

User avatar
69sofine
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby 69sofine » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:34 pm

I'm 27, but I'm always down for a beer.

User avatar
69sofine
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby 69sofine » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:35 pm

chadwick218 wrote:FWIW, working / professional experiences aside, I am less mature now than when I was 21 so I think that you'll be fine.

Didn't you mention that you toured the Onterie? Are the studios big enough? The price there seems too good to pass up.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:31 pm

69sofine wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:FWIW, working / professional experiences aside, I am less mature now than when I was 21 so I think that you'll be fine.

Didn't you mention that you toured the Onterie? Are the studios big enough? The price there seems too good to pass up.


For the price, I like Onterie. I looked at a studio on the 29th floor that faced downtown (no lakeview) that was approximately 500 square feet priced at $925 with incentives and a convertible unit on the 56th floor with an amazing view of the lake and downtown that was approximately 550+ square feet priced at $1,100. If you are planning to bring a car, parking was an additional $250 / month.

Although the floor plans were a little awkward, IMO, I thought that the studios were surprisingly open / spacious.

User avatar
69sofine
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby 69sofine » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:52 am

chadwick218 wrote:
69sofine wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:FWIW, working / professional experiences aside, I am less mature now than when I was 21 so I think that you'll be fine.

Didn't you mention that you toured the Onterie? Are the studios big enough? The price there seems too good to pass up.


For the price, I like Onterie. I looked at a studio on the 29th floor that faced downtown (no lakeview) that was approximately 500 square feet priced at $925 with incentives and a convertible unit on the 56th floor with an amazing view of the lake and downtown that was approximately 550+ square feet priced at $1,100. If you are planning to bring a car, parking was an additional $250 / month.

Although the floor plans were a little awkward, IMO, I thought that the studios were surprisingly open / spacious.

Good to know. Have you decided on a place yet?

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby chadwick218 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:10 am

Good to know. Have you decided on a place yet?


Not yet ... hopefully soon.

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby enygma » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:03 am

will be 25 by the time any of you guys meet me. and btw, i'll drink every last one of you under the table.

User avatar
on_ne_sait_jamais
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:20 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby on_ne_sait_jamais » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:55 am

enygma wrote:will be 25 by the time any of you guys meet me. and btw, i'll drink every last one of you under the table.


That means you'll be going home in cab while everyone else is heading to a 4 o'clock.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:57 am

enygma wrote:will be 25 by the time any of you guys meet me. and btw, i'll drink every last one of you under the table.


I should note that I'm a lightweight. I'll fall asleep under the table by 11pm. :oops:

User avatar
69sofine
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby 69sofine » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:41 pm

rayiner wrote:
enygma wrote:will be 25 by the time any of you guys meet me. and btw, i'll drink every last one of you under the table.


I should note that I'm a lightweight. I'll fall asleep under the table by 11pm. :oops:

Well, if you're planning on being an attorney, that will change pretty soon... :D

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:44 pm

69sofine wrote:
rayiner wrote:
enygma wrote:will be 25 by the time any of you guys meet me. and btw, i'll drink every last one of you under the table.


I should note that I'm a lightweight. I'll fall asleep under the table by 11pm. :oops:

Well, if you're planning on being an attorney, that will change pretty soon... :D


I don't know if my liver can handle all the NU bar nights. :oops:

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:46 pm

rayiner wrote:
69sofine wrote:
rayiner wrote:
enygma wrote:will be 25 by the time any of you guys meet me. and btw, i'll drink every last one of you under the table.


I should note that I'm a lightweight. I'll fall asleep under the table by 11pm. :oops:

Well, if you're planning on being an attorney, that will change pretty soon... :D


I don't know if my liver can handle all the NU bar nights. :oops:


That's okay Ray, if you drink with me you'll look all manly and alcoholic in comparison.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
rayiner wrote:
69sofine wrote:
rayiner wrote:
I should note that I'm a lightweight. I'll fall asleep under the table by 11pm. :oops:

Well, if you're planning on being an attorney, that will change pretty soon... :D


I don't know if my liver can handle all the NU bar nights. :oops:


That's okay Ray, if you drink with me you'll look all manly and alcoholic in comparison.


I'll also look 2 inches shorter in comparison. :(

User avatar
Lizface killah
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby Lizface killah » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:47 pm

rayiner wrote:
I'll also look 2 inches shorter in comparison. :(


That's only if I wear flats. :wink:

User avatar
69sofine
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby 69sofine » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:48 pm

Teetotaling will not be tolerated.

User avatar
enygma
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby enygma » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:51 pm

on_ne_sait_jamais wrote:
enygma wrote:will be 25 by the time any of you guys meet me. and btw, i'll drink every last one of you under the table.


That means you'll be going home in cab while everyone else is heading to a 4 o'clock.


i don't hit it that hard anymore, thankfully.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby rayiner » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:55 pm

Lizface killah wrote:
rayiner wrote:
I'll also look 2 inches shorter in comparison. :(


That's only if I wear flats. :wink:


Sandals (thin-sole) plz. Thx.

User avatar
windycityblues
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:28 am

Re: Northwestern 2012

Postby windycityblues » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:10 pm

I'll be 24...but I'm with rayiner, special occasions aside, 11pm hits and its all downhill. Thank goodness Conan moved earlier ; )


...but :cry: ...I'm deferred, so I won't meet you all at school until 2010. Can we still be friends? (read: can I have your outlines?)




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest