dresden doll wrote:^To join the discussion of oddball CA schools' admissions patterns, I got into UCLA after a little over three months of waiting but still haven't heard squat from USC. And the interesting part is, I called a few days ago and was told a decision had been made and mailed out. You'd think Chicago was eons away from L.A. because it's Thursday now and nothing's come yet.
UCLA package took forever to come after Dean's call and when it did arrive, it was spoiled. (!)
But, anyhow, I really think I won't go to either. I've been wanting to relocate to Cali forever now but I'd feel pretty ridiculous if I turned down Michigan just because I don't appreciate cold weather.
Woah, I think I've found my twin!? Living in Chicago, wanted to relocate to Cali - I'm still waiting on USC and UCLA but I also feel like it'd be pretty ridiculous to turn down Michigan for either (unless there's big money involved, but we know the rumors about the CA schools' lack of funding, so I don't see that happening)
See you in April! Glad to hear you got off the waitlist for the weekend. How are you getting to Ann Arbor from Chi? I'm megabus-ing it, since it turned out to be the cheapest option
Oh, wow, really? I'm actually considering the megabus myself but SO wants to drive me instead. I might still end up doing that, though -dunno how much trouble it would be for him to take off work for all this.
It's all further complicated by the fact that I kinda have some plans to try and make NU's DANL on Sunday, if at all possible. However, I will not sweat it - I've visited that campus before and can go visit it again easily on my own time if I want to.
Heh, we're doomed to crappy weather, aren't we? I really wanted three years in Cali - I'm originally from Mediterranean cost and SoCal weather matches the climate I grew up in perfectly. (My hometown had palm trees!) But I got stuck in Midwest the moment I stepped foot in the U.S. and it seems that will continue - for the worse even, since Michigan is colder than Illinois.