Michigan 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
vidhartha
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby vidhartha » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Alexandria wrote:I don't mean tough in terms of grading. I mean in terms of how she conducts class. Or at least con law. I've heard the opposite about her crim pro. I find that the profs who are demanding are the ones I learn the most from.


I dunno, nothing against her, but I just cannot focus in her class for some reason. Will have to force my way through it, maybe have to turn of gchat/the internet.

User avatar
vidhartha
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby vidhartha » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:43 pm

Come on, this thread should not just die out like this. Anyone going to the flag football game tomorrow? I'd like to, but I put off all the reading I should have done until tomorrow and am now regretting it. We had an IM softball team during the summer and I'm looking to put one together for the fall if anyone is interested. It was a blast during the summer and we are looking to repeat, all are welcome. PM me if you're interested.

User avatar
vidhartha
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby vidhartha » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:01 pm

Does anyone have an outline for Property with Krier or ConLaw with Larsen? I've been looking around for one but have not been able to find one for either. It helps me focus on the big picture while reading if I have one to look at, so if you do, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby awesomepossum » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:06 am

vidhartha wrote:Does anyone have an outline for Property with Krier or ConLaw with Larsen? I've been looking around for one but have not been able to find one for either. It helps me focus on the big picture while reading if I have one to look at, so if you do, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.



if you join APALSA you can pull one from our outline bank. :wink:

User avatar
vidhartha
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby vidhartha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:33 am

awesomepossum wrote:
vidhartha wrote:Does anyone have an outline for Property with Krier or ConLaw with Larsen? I've been looking around for one but have not been able to find one for either. It helps me focus on the big picture while reading if I have one to look at, so if you do, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.



if you join APALSA you can pull one from our outline bank. :wink:


Sweeet.. then I will be joining APALSA. (was gonna join it anyway) When is the first meeting, I missed out on Student Org day due to IKEA having crappy customer service/home delivery.

User avatar
USC2009
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby USC2009 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:54 am

Apalsa meets Wednesday at 6 in 120 hh. Bring 20 bucks and an appetite.

User avatar
vidhartha
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby vidhartha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:18 am

USC2009 wrote:Apalsa meets Wednesday at 6 in 120 hh. Bring 20 bucks and an appetite.

thanks!

User avatar
just a girl
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 6:39 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby just a girl » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Why do we need to bring $20?

Alexandria
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:41 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Alexandria » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Dues, probably.

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby awesomepossum » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:58 pm

Alexandria wrote:Dues, probably.



correct. that's pretty much the standard going rate for club dues across the board.

User avatar
USC2009
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby USC2009 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:18 pm

Man, had the BLSA and ALS meetings today. This food is going to lead to the 1L 15 fast. Brown bagging it is.

06072010
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby 06072010 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:08 pm

awesomepossum wrote:
Alexandria wrote:Dues, probably.



correct. that's pretty much the standard going rate for club dues across the board.


You can join my personal club for $15. Capitalism FTW. I don't have an outline bank or cottage inn pizza. Or any food. Basically the club is giving me $15.

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby awesomepossum » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:09 pm

PKSebben wrote:
awesomepossum wrote:
Alexandria wrote:Dues, probably.



correct. that's pretty much the standard going rate for club dues across the board.


You can join my personal club for $15. Capitalism FTW. I don't have an outline bank or cottage inn pizza. Or any food. Basically the club is giving me $15.



15 bucks for your TLC?

scary.

06072010
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby 06072010 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 pm

I don't recall offering TLC.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:09 pm

I'm planning an Ann Arbor trip in a few weeks. Anyone mind throwing me some suggestions for hotels?

06072010
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby 06072010 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:18 pm

are you visiting campus and do you have a car?

User avatar
Carnertine
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Carnertine » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:19 pm

PKSebben wrote:are you visiting campus and do you have a car?


PK drives the rainbow armored gunner tank.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Carnertine wrote:
PKSebben wrote:are you visiting campus and do you have a car?


PK drives the rainbow armored gunner tank.


Fred, my car, will not be making the trek to Michigan...but I will be visiting campus. Pretty much the point of the trip.

PK should be fairly easy to spot (I hope).

tingles
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tingles » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:05 pm

.
Last edited by tingles on Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
itzjulz
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby itzjulz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Pearalegal wrote:I'm planning an Ann Arbor trip in a few weeks. Anyone mind throwing me some suggestions for hotels?


Near campus, your options are limited

Campus Inn and the Bell Tower are nice, but around $200/night. Check out the Inn at the Michigan League. I think that's $125/night or so

Otherwise, there are some cheaper options (Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, etc) south of campus near I-94, but you'd have to cab it or take the bus to campus.

User avatar
vidhartha
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby vidhartha » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:29 am

Does anyone have an idea of when the first SALSA meeting is? I can't seem to find any info on that and would like to attend. Thanks.

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby awesomepossum » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:41 am

itzjulz wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:I'm planning an Ann Arbor trip in a few weeks. Anyone mind throwing me some suggestions for hotels?


Near campus, your options are limited

Campus Inn and the Bell Tower are nice, but around $200/night. Check out the Inn at the Michigan League. I think that's $125/night or so

Otherwise, there are some cheaper options (Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, etc) south of campus near I-94, but you'd have to cab it or take the bus to campus.


I've stayed at the 4 points sheraton. It's pretty decent.

User avatar
Zuckerkorn
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Zuckerkorn » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Chief Justice Roberts just casually walked into our Torts class today and chatted with us for 20 minutes. :shock: BEST DAY EVER.

User avatar
Anhimal
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Anhimal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Zuckerkorn wrote:Chief Justice Roberts just casually walked into our Torts class today and chatted with us for 20 minutes. :shock: BEST DAY EVER.


Agreed, I think it was awesome that he came into a bunch of 1L classes =)

He came to our Properties too, totally unexpected... what a day.

User avatar
itzjulz
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby itzjulz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:08 pm

Zuckerkorn wrote:Chief Justice Roberts just casually walked into our Torts class today and chatted with us for 20 minutes. :shock: BEST DAY EVER.


+1 AMAZING.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest