Michigan 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
USC2009

Bronze

Re: Michigan 2012

Post by USC2009 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:46 am

**** me. Went to sleep around like 4:30 - 5 and I woke up half an hour ago. No more drinking tonight. Instead i'm hoping to go see Inglorious Basterds later.

itzjulz

Bronze

Post by itzjulz » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:15 am

USC2009 wrote:**** me. Went to sleep around like 4:30 - 5 and I woke up half an hour ago. No more drinking tonight. Instead i'm hoping to go see Inglorious Basterds later.
agreed. our livers need a night off :?

Anhimal

New

Post by Anhimal » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:45 am

Do we have assignments due tomorrow or for any day during orientation? Tell me no please...

vyelps

New

Post by vyelps » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:59 am

Anhimal wrote:Do we have assignments due tomorrow or for any day during orientation? Tell me no please...
i really hope not...

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:28 pm

There are no orientation assignments! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Chewbacca Defense

New

Post by Chewbacca Defense » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm on the 3rd floor of building D, so I'm living in that main tower of the lawyer's club overlooking the gate. I wonder if I can extort some sort of entrance fee for passing through the gate (or at least three riddles). Either way, it's Sunday afternoon before orientation and I still haven't been assigned a roommate yet, so I'm going to recklessly jump to the conclusion that I won't have a roommate and that the Breakfast club is open for business in my extra room in the tower at D36, anyone with any cereals or disney movies are welcome (except they will have to answer riddles three).

dlindqui

New

Post by dlindqui » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Last edited by dlindqui on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Chewbacca Defense wrote:I'm on the 3rd floor of building D, so I'm living in that main tower of the lawyer's club overlooking the gate. I wonder if I can extort some sort of entrance fee for passing through the gate (or at least three riddles). Either way, it's Sunday afternoon before orientation and I still haven't been assigned a roommate yet, so I'm going to recklessly jump to the conclusion that I won't have a roommate and that the Breakfast club is open for business in my extra room in the tower at D36, anyone with any cereals or disney movies are welcome (except they will have to answer riddles three).
Do Grape Nuts count as a cereal, or are they in the pebbles food group?

Chewbacca Defense

New

Post by Chewbacca Defense » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 pm

e_ticket wrote:
Chewbacca Defense wrote:I'm on the 3rd floor of building D, so I'm living in that main tower of the lawyer's club overlooking the gate. I wonder if I can extort some sort of entrance fee for passing through the gate (or at least three riddles). Either way, it's Sunday afternoon before orientation and I still haven't been assigned a roommate yet, so I'm going to recklessly jump to the conclusion that I won't have a roommate and that the Breakfast club is open for business in my extra room in the tower at D36, anyone with any cereals or disney movies are welcome (except they will have to answer riddles three).
Grape nuts are okay only if you add more sugar, and answer one more riddle.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Chewbacca Defense wrote:
e_ticket wrote:
Grape nuts are okay only if you add more sugar, and answer one more riddle.
Bah, fine. As long as the riddles aren't Logic Games in disguise.

PS: I have to resurrect the N64 issue. Who was the one who has an N64 and MK64?

Flowah

New

Post by Flowah » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Smash brothers is better :P

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Flowah wrote:Smash brothers is better :P
Noooope. Mariokart is better because I am the worst Smash player ever, bar none.

Lawlcat

Bronze

Post by Lawlcat » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:42 pm

So is there no UM law message board? If not, we should start one on some free service (locked up and private, of course).

Also: I'm also in D. I might have to start asking random passerby about the planet Kashyyyk and three foot tall Ewoks.

I just finished lugging a huge microwave back to my room. I'll be here a while. Anyone want to go get food sometime? It seems like there's a ton of interesting places around.

And Mario Kart is lame. Smash! Although I'm not one of those crazy elite players you hear about.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:10 pm

I'd be up for some food, despite your MK comment :x

Chewbacca Defense

New

Post by Chewbacca Defense » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Yeah, I'd be down for food too, figuring that the DC isn't open yet and fending for myself alone sounds like a horribly scary thought

seychelles

New

Post by seychelles » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Add me to the list as well, otherwise I'm hitting up Wendy's. ;)

vyelps

New

Post by vyelps » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:24 pm

where's the nearest wendys?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:25 pm

time and place to meet? I like on the first floor of H in the LC.

Lawlcat

Bronze

Post by Lawlcat » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:26 pm

e_ticket wrote:I'd be up for some food, despite your MK comment :x
Chewbacca Defense wrote:Yeah, I'd be down for food too, figuring that the DC isn't open yet and fending for myself alone sounds like a horribly scary thought
seychelles wrote:Add me to the list as well, otherwise I'm hitting up Wendy's. ;)
Very well! What time should we meet? I'll put 7 out there just as an idea.

Erie Doctrine

New

Post by Erie Doctrine » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:28 pm

Son of Cicero wrote:
Lawlcat wrote:Though I did see one pretentious/SERIOUSBIZNESS guy standing on the steps of a law review building in a polo, shorts, and sandals, frowning distractedly as he worked the scrollwheel on his Blackberry, for which he did indeed have a plastic holster on his hip. I kind of did a double-take at that. It was like he was playing dress-up, but instead of a princess or a firefighter he was doing a burnt-out attorney from my firm.
Law students love playing dress up. I'm convinced that at least a quarter of my classmates enrolled solely because they like the idea of wearing suits everyday.
I'm kind of confused about what was so "pretentious" about a polo shirt, sandals, shorts and cell phone in mid-August?

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Lawlcat wrote:
e_ticket wrote:I'd be up for some food, despite your MK comment :x
Chewbacca Defense wrote:Yeah, I'd be down for food too, figuring that the DC isn't open yet and fending for myself alone sounds like a horribly scary thought
seychelles wrote:Add me to the list as well, otherwise I'm hitting up Wendy's. ;)
Very well! What time should we meet? I'll put 7 out there just as an idea.

7 is fine by me. Now location! I know you Chewy and I all live in the LC, what about Seychelles?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

seychelles

New

Post by seychelles » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:36 pm

vyelps wrote:where's the nearest wendys?
In the Michigan Union, easily walkable from the LC.

And I live in the LC too! I'm up for eating anything, anybody have any preferences?

Flowah

New

Post by Flowah » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:38 pm

Lawlcat wrote:Smash! Although I'm not one of those crazy elite players you hear about.
Yay Smash \o/
7 is fine by me. Now location! I know you Chewy and I all live in the LC, what about Seychelles?
Mind if I join you? I promise I won't wear a polo, and I don't even own a Blackberry.

Chewbacca Defense

New

Post by Chewbacca Defense » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:40 pm

seychelles wrote: In the Michigan Union, easily walkable from the LC.

And I live in the LC too! I'm up for eating anything, anybody have any preferences?
Nope, I'm sure we can find something by wandering around aimlessly and picking a place out of frustration....yeah, I like that plan

And everyone invited.....as long as they can answer riddles

Zuckerkorn

New

Post by Zuckerkorn » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Hey guys, glad I caught this. Still unpacking and trying to settle in but dinner and a chance to meet some fellow 1Ls sounds too good to pass up. I'm in M @ the LC but can meet you all at 7 wherever.

And already I regret not bringing any consoles... I love me some Mario Kart.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”