Michigan 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
e_ticket
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:15 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby e_ticket » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 pm

All of this cereal talk has me thinking:

For those who have lived in the LC, is it easy enough to rent a mini-fridge so I can store milk etc.?

User avatar
vidhartha
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby vidhartha » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:22 pm

PKSebben wrote:
vidhartha wrote:
tl wrote:
vidhartha wrote:BTB is only good after a night of drunken festivities, I tried it once while sober, and it definitely was not as good as I recall it being.


I can see this. Though, I never said it was "good", but it's still better than Chipotle.

I still have never had Chipotle so I cannot compare.


now taking apps for burrito club, held immediately after breakfast club.

If there is no consensus on the best burrito in a2 we might just have to do this burrito club. I love how we went from fight club to breakfast club and now burrito club.

User avatar
Chewbacca Defense
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Chewbacca Defense » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:31 pm

vidhartha wrote:If there is no consensus on the best burrito in a2 we might just have to do this burrito club. I love how we went from fight club to breakfast club and now burrito club.


No it totally works out, the burrito club and the breakfast club membership will be mutually exclusive, therefore we'll be able to rumble with each other. Second, I'm so setting up the breakfast club no matter what, I don't even care if they assign me a new roommate, and if he gets in the way I will murder him (don't tell him I said that, because if there's anything that everyone loves it's surprises).

06072010
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby 06072010 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:22 pm

Chewbacca Defense wrote:
vidhartha wrote:If there is no consensus on the best burrito in a2 we might just have to do this burrito club. I love how we went from fight club to breakfast club and now burrito club.


No it totally works out, the burrito club and the breakfast club membership will be mutually exclusive, therefore we'll be able to rumble with each other. Second, I'm so setting up the breakfast club no matter what, I don't even care if they assign me a new roommate, and if he gets in the way I will murder him (don't tell him I said that, because if there's anything that everyone loves it's surprises).


You are right! This is quickly devolving to the beat it fight scene! Damn your eerie premonitions!

MLaw11
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby MLaw11 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:09 pm

vidhartha wrote:If there is no consensus on the best burrito in a2 we might just have to do this burrito club. I love how we went from fight club to breakfast club and now burrito club.


There is no consensus. Some foolish people (and some who are otherwise sensible like tl) insist that BTB is better than Chipotle. Thank you all for not nominating Panchero's though.

snickersnicker
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby snickersnicker » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Big Ten Burrito is the best in A2 simply for its price-point and hours. One of the girls who works there is totally incompetent and a wicked bitch, though, but that's balanced out by the cute athletic girl who sometimes works during the day.

Now, when it comes to best Middle Eastern food, there is plenty of room for debate, but I pick Jerusalem Garden.

(BTW, I'm not going to UM in the fall. I would like to go there next fall, though, so if anyone wants to look over my Why Michigan? essay it would be greatly appreciated. :wink: )

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:51 pm

MLaw11 wrote:There is no consensus. Some foolish people (and some who are otherwise sensible like tl) insist that BTB is better than Chipotle. Thank you all for not nominating Panchero's though.


I can see where people would think Chipotle is better. Maybe I just have fond memories of BTB, because everytime I go there I've had a good time with friends. And my taste buds might also be a little TTT. For instance, I think NYPD is really good and would much rather eat there than Cottage Inn.

I've only been to Panchero's once. That was Halloween night. I was wasted. I didn't eat anything. It's the sort of place that you just kinda always walk-by.

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:53 pm

snickersnicker wrote:Now, when it comes to best Middle Eastern food, there is plenty of room for debate, but I pick Jerusalem Garden.


Is Ali Baba considered Middle Eastern food? I can't really remember. If it is, then Ali Baba >>>>>>>>>>> Jerusalem Garden.

I'm also a big fan of Charley's, Cupcake Station, and Red Hawk.

Merriweather
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Merriweather » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Chipotle >>>> BTB >>>>>>>>> Panchero's

J-Garden >>>>>> Ali Baba

oh and yeah you guys are fucked re: OCI. just like us. and don't bother w/ firm jobs, it's a waste of postage.

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Can someone who has access to the orientation schedule post the schedule for August 26th? Is Service Day on the 27th?

User avatar
tralinds
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tralinds » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Pancheros is by far the worst of all the burrito places on campus.

MLaw11
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby MLaw11 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:08 pm

tralinds wrote:Pancheros is by far the worst of all the burrito places on campus.

Well at least we can all agree on that. And I take back what I said about tl after his mention of Red Hawk; I love their burgers.

User avatar
FlightoftheEarls
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:30 pm

Merriweather wrote:Chipotle >>>> BTB >>>>>>>>> Panchero's

J-Garden >>>>>> Ali Baba

oh and yeah you guys are fucked re: OCI. just like us. and don't bother w/ firm jobs, it's a waste of postage.

:shock:





:cry:

linhvo
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby linhvo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Edit: Someone asked for the service day schedule?

August 27th is service day.
7:15-9 - Breakfast
3-3:30 - Return
5:30-7 - BBQ

Merriweather
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Merriweather » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:47 pm

panchero's only use is to watch the frat boys try and desperately spit game at sorostitutes they didn't close the deal with at rick's before 2.

snickersnicker
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby snickersnicker » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:29 am

Merriweather wrote:panchero's only use is to watch the frat boys try and desperately spit game at sorostitutes they didn't close the deal with at rick's before 2.


I see you know my roommates.

180 for use of the term sororistutes (or sorostitutes, if you will), too, even if my girlfriend is an AGD.

User avatar
USC2009
Posts: 199
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 6:37 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby USC2009 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:55 am

Is there good sushi in A2? Please say yes. Also, any places with good prices?

I'll cry without my sushi :(

User avatar
vidhartha
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby vidhartha » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:10 am

USC2009 wrote:Is there good sushi in A2? Please say yes. Also, any places with good prices?

I'll cry without my sushi :(

there are definitely a couple good sushi places. I like Sadako, though that may be due to the fact that it is across the street from me. Sushi.com is also pretty good. As to prices, they tend to be pricier than places I'm used to, but its not overly pricey if you get there for lunch special.

User avatar
tralinds
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tralinds » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:48 am

USC2009 wrote:Is there good sushi in A2? Please say yes. Also, any places with good prices?

I'll cry without my sushi :(


Miki is good, or at least they were 3 years ago! They were located over near Main Street, west of campus, but I heard that are opening a new place on S. University?

Now, "good" is all relative, of course. The sushi in Ann Arbor isn't as good as you are used to on the west coast, I'm sure.

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby awesomepossum » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:34 am

Ann Arbor has Totoro which is pretty good. If you're willing to drive 20-30 minutes out, there are a few places I know that are run by Japanese folks that are really really good. Outside of AA there are some pretty big pockets of Japanese folks because of the car and car parts companies. Because of that, there are some really good Japanese restaurants in this part of Michigan but they're not in Ann Arbor but a relatively short drive out.

User avatar
summertimechi
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby summertimechi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 am

...
Last edited by summertimechi on Thu May 13, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merriweather
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby Merriweather » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 am

summertime, i feel sorry for you if you're in chicago. it's so sad leaving that great place to go to a2.

seriously, firm mailings 12/1 were the biggest waste of time of my entire 1L year. (other than briefing cases.)

and burgers - quickie > blimpie > red hawk > everywhere else.

oh, and btb's shredded chicken quesadilla is delicious.

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tl » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am

Quickie is trash.

User avatar
tl
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:04 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tl » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am

linhvo wrote:Edit: Someone asked for the service day schedule?

August 27th is service day.
7:15-9 - Breakfast
3-3:30 - Return
5:30-7 - BBQ


Thanks. Do you have the schedule for the 26th too?

User avatar
itzjulz
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby itzjulz » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:23 am

tl wrote:Do you have the schedule for the 26th too?


For the 26th:

Orientation Program
1:00 p.m. (100 Hutchins Hall) Opening remarks: Sarah Zearfoss, Assistant Dean of Admissions
1:05-1:25 (100 Hutchins Hall) Welcome Address: Dean Evan Caminker
1:25-1:40 (100 Hutchins Hall) The Orientation Program and the Law School Experience: David Baum, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
1:40-1:55 (100 Hutchins Hall) Introduction to First Year Programs: Christine Gregory, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
1:55-2:15 BREAK
2:15-7:00 (approx) Refer to group room assignment sheets posted outside Room 100. Orientation meetings with group leaders, tour of Law School and Central Campus. Dinner to be arranged with orientation group.




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest