Michigan 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
tl

Re: Michigan 2012

Postby tl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:17 am

USC2009 wrote:
Good. I've seen you around here posting, and I was hoping you'd be a Wolverine in the fall. Be prepared to suffer the wrath of my MK skills.

I need to get on this MK action. I have NEVER lost a MK race to another human being. I wanna see how good you guys are.

tl

Postby tl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:19 am

PKSebben wrote:
tetrisd wrote:If anyone wants to play some Smash Bros (64, Gamecube, or Wii) in the summer/fall, let this 2L know message. I will PWN you.

I'm in. Now: what I offer to party with.

A Xbox360 with ever single game ever made for it. That's not a lie. I have them all. 4 controllers. The Rock Band Drums / Guitars. Two good Street Fighter / Tekken sticks. I have a 50dlp TV.

I have a mame cocktail arcade cabinet. It has every arcade game ever made until like 2006 and I'm working on that.

I also have (playable through emulation) every sega master system, NES, SNES, Genesis, TG16, NeoGeo, N64, colecovision, Atari 2600 / 7200 game ever made. If you ever played it, I have it.

I also have PSP & Nintendo DS with every game ever made.

I have a bar in the basement.

Whatcha guys think? Dorks and drinks?

WTF? How come you have never had a videogame party?

macjags07

Postby macjags07 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:42 am

summertimechi wrote:Just posted this in the TLS Class of 2012 thread to increase our, as flightoftheearls so eloquently puts it, "street cred."

summertimechi wrote:Oooh, and alow me to enter the following since they've confirmed in the Michigan 2012 thread, but not here. you guys can thank me later :wink:

e_ticket
thefinalcut
rightthat
spencer26
twinkletoes
WIdan
macjags07
LSATbunny

Confirmation from Mich 2012 thread is as follows:

e_ticket wrote:Just sent my deposit! Count me in!

Very excited to join you all in AA :mrgreen:

thefinalcut wrote:I am officially part of the Michigan 2012 crowd. Just sent in my deposit and withdrew from NU. Man, that was a tough decision. Back to the Midwest for me.

rightthat wrote:Mailed my deposit to Michigan today. Go Blue!

spencer26 wrote:I just sent in my deposit as well..... I have a question that is most likely going to make me look very ignorant, but oh well, how do we/when can we register for classes for the Fall '09 term?

twinkletoes wrote:add me to the list! san diego, one year out, and scrubs...though Lost is a close second.

i'm signed up for MAP as well, and i also hate my uniqname. it was so limiting!!!

WIdan wrote:You can add me to the 2012 list as well. I mailed my deposit last week.

Currently living in Madison, WI (originally from PA), five years out, The West Wing/The Wire/Lost

macjags07 wrote:I sent in my deposit to UMich today. See you all in the fall!

LSATbunny wrote:I submitted my seat deposit last week. Can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

LOL. Thanks Summertimechi!

FlightoftheEarls

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:31 am

summertimechi wrote:Just posted this in the TLS Class of 2012 thread to increase our, as flightoftheearls so eloquently puts it, "street cred."

summertimechi wrote:Oooh, and alow me to enter the following since they've confirmed in the Michigan 2012 thread, but not here. you guys can thank me later :wink:

e_ticket
thefinalcut
rightthat
spencer26
twinkletoes
WIdan
macjags07
LSATbunny

Confirmation from Mich 2012 thread is as follows:

e_ticket wrote:Just sent my deposit! Count me in!

Very excited to join you all in AA :mrgreen:

thefinalcut wrote:I am officially part of the Michigan 2012 crowd. Just sent in my deposit and withdrew from NU. Man, that was a tough decision. Back to the Midwest for me.

rightthat wrote:Mailed my deposit to Michigan today. Go Blue!

spencer26 wrote:I just sent in my deposit as well..... I have a question that is most likely going to make me look very ignorant, but oh well, how do we/when can we register for classes for the Fall '09 term?

twinkletoes wrote:add me to the list! san diego, one year out, and scrubs...though Lost is a close second.

i'm signed up for MAP as well, and i also hate my uniqname. it was so limiting!!!

WIdan wrote:You can add me to the 2012 list as well. I mailed my deposit last week.

Currently living in Madison, WI (originally from PA), five years out, The West Wing/The Wire/Lost

macjags07 wrote:I sent in my deposit to UMich today. See you all in the fall!

LSATbunny wrote:I submitted my seat deposit last week. Can't wait to meet you all in the fall!

Thata girl! Those UVA kids haven't seen shit yet. :wink:

Nietzsche

Postby Nietzsche » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:32 am

So... which is a better mail system.... Blue or Maize?

Vail67

Postby Vail67 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 am

Nietzsche wrote:So... which is a better mail system.... Blue or Maize?

TCR is routing it to Gmail, but I think Maize is probably better. "Blue" is the one they had for years, and they just rolled Maize out last year in response to student suggestion/criticism. It also looks prettier.

See: http://www.michigandaily.com/content/20 ... 9D-webmail

Postby 06072010 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:41 am

Alexandria wrote:PK.. I wanna play Super Mario Brothers. I like 1, 3, and 4.

And to the person who asked, it's a mix in here. PK is a 2L.

By 4 you mean Super Mario World on the SNES? And why the Mario 2 hate -- I thought it was great!

itzjulz

Postby itzjulz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:46 am

Can I still join in on the video game shenanigans if my only claims to fame are beating Zelda: Ocarina of time, and all of the Guitar Heroes on medium? :mrgreen:

Postby 06072010 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:52 am

itzjulz wrote:Can I still join in on the video game shenanigans if my only claims to fame are beating Zelda: Ocarina of time, and all of the Guitar Heroes on medium? :mrgreen:

Zelda: OoT was pretty much the best game ever, so of course! Hopefully I can put together a little bit after the beginning of the semester / oci for the 2Ls.

jones620

Postby jones620 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:56 am

how do you route e-mail to Gmail?

tralinds

Postby tralinds » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:21 pm

thefinalcut wrote:
tralinds wrote:
thefinalcut wrote:
tralinds wrote:Anyone send a request for scholarship reconsideration via email to the finaid department? How long did it take to receive a response?

I sent my email around midnight PST and woke up to my crackberry's buzz. I got the NO in less than 4 hours.

Hmm, I'm guessing since it has been 24 hours for me that they are actually considering it? Haha.

Just noticed one of your old posts re: taking the LSAT in Washington--I took the LSAT at Seattle U too! I'm from MI, but living in Seattle right now. You didn't happen to be at SeattleU for the June test, did you? There was a landline telephone in my test room that started ringing with 5 minutes left in Section 1--threw me off for the rest of the test. :(

Man, that is too bad. I did take the test at SeattleU but I guess my room wasn't within the range of that damn phone. Hope you get a favorable response. Sometimes, I feel like there are so many Michigan-ites(?) in Seattle. Personally, I have at least 4 friends who are from Michigan.

I believe it is "Michiganders." :)

tobey2

Postby tobey2 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:00 pm

add me to the list, folks. its been a long 7 months, and here i am. sending in the deposit tomorrow!

MLaw11

Postby MLaw11 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:16 pm

jones620 wrote:how do you route e-mail to Gmail?

You can't do it in your Michigan mail account settings. For some reason they have you go through a separate page (the student directory) and do it there. Here you go: http://www.itd.umich.edu/itcsdocs/s4279/

USC2009

Postby USC2009 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:18 pm

tl wrote:
USC2009 wrote:
Good. I've seen you around here posting, and I was hoping you'd be a Wolverine in the fall. Be prepared to suffer the wrath of my MK skills.

I need to get on this MK action. I have NEVER lost a MK race to another human being. I wanna see how good you guys are.

I frequently lose races! But battle mode... I only lose once I'm blinded from getting a controller thrown at my face by my frustrated opponents.

Non-videogame question: Will I get an email from Michigan to make my email? How long does that take to arrive? It says they sent my deposit received letter out yesterday. I ask because I want to add Michigan Grad '12 to my facebook profile and it requires a university email.

itzjulz

Postby itzjulz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:46 pm

USC2009 wrote:Non-videogame question: Will I get an email from Michigan to make my email? How long does that take to arrive? It says they sent my deposit received letter out yesterday. I ask because I want to add Michigan Grad '12 to my facebook profile and it requires a university email.

You should get an e-mail pretty soon with instructions. Mine came a few days after I mailed my deposit, and definitely before I received the letter from Dean Z confirming receipt of the deposit

USC2009

Postby USC2009 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:50 pm

I just got it. All of the Uniqnames I want are taken... lame! It's so hard to get this to work within 8 letters

tcortez

Postby tcortez » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:54 pm

Mailed off my deposit today...finally. Cant wait to create new email. Ahh the small things in life bring so much joy. Is it bad that i'm still a little apprehensive about living in a small town, even though it is supposedly really cool?

itzjulz

Postby itzjulz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:56 pm

USC2009 wrote:I just got it. All of the Uniqnames I want are taken... lame! It's so hard to get this to work within 8 letters

Yeah, mine is not quite as "professional" as I'd have liked, but everything practical was taken already. Makes me wish I had a super unique name

USC2009

Postby USC2009 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:05 pm

itzjulz wrote:
USC2009 wrote:I just got it. All of the Uniqnames I want are taken... lame! It's so hard to get this to work within 8 letters

Yeah, mine is not quite as "professional" as I'd have liked, but everything practical was taken already. Makes me wish I had a super unique name

Check your PMs :P

USC2009

Postby USC2009 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Yes! I managed to incorporate "SC" into my username :P

lilybbloom

Postby lilybbloom » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:48 pm

tcortez wrote:Mailed off my deposit today...finally. Cant wait to create new email. Ahh the small things in life bring so much joy. Is it bad that i'm still a little apprehensive about living in a small town, even though it is supposedly really cool?

I'm worried about living in Ann Arbor, too... but it's only 3 years, and we'll be spending summers elsewhere (at least 2L summer, if not 1L summer as well), so it shouldn't be too bad.

summertimechi

Postby summertimechi » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:04 pm

tcortez wrote: Is it bad that i'm still a little apprehensive about living in a small town, even though it is supposedly really cool?

You and me both. I keep wondering if I made the right decision, not for my professional life but for my personal life. Can I really be happy in Ann Arbor? Am I about to spend 3 years of my twenties, arguably the best decade of one's life, in a place where I'll be completely miserable? Anywho, I'm sure the jitters will go away and I'll love it, but...for now that little nagging feeling is always there...

mightydinosaur

Postby mightydinosaur » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm not worried about Ann Arbor in terms of having things to do. My family moved to AA a couple of years ago and they keep themselves really busy with talks and concerts and football games and eating out. I live in a bigger city now, but I figure that with a regular law school course load and the various things to do at the Law School and in AA in general, I won't mind the change.

I imagine that by the end of four years (I'm doing a joint degree) I'll be ready to leave, but I think that anybody but die-hard New Yorkers should be pretty happy in the meantime.

As a winter hater, I am a little concerned about the weather, but I did undergrad in Chicago, so I know I can handle it, albeit with gritted teeth.

tcortez

Postby tcortez » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:56 pm

summertimechi wrote:
tcortez wrote: Is it bad that i'm still a little apprehensive about living in a small town, even though it is supposedly really cool?

You and me both. I keep wondering if I made the right decision, not for my professional life but for my personal life. Can I really be happy in Ann Arbor? Am I about to spend 3 years of my twenties, arguably the best decade of one's life, in a place where I'll be completely miserable? Anywho, I'm sure the jitters will go away and I'll love it, but...for now that little nagging feeling is always there...

yea that's how i feel too. i'm a city girl all the way and the main reason i had such a hard time deciding on schools was because I went to visit Penn and I loved Philly. I feel like Mich offered me more academically which is why I chose it but that nagging feeling has been with me every time I think of the city I didn't choose...

glad i'm not the only one.

tcortez

Postby tcortez » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:57 pm

mightydinosaur wrote:I'm not worried about Ann Arbor in terms of having things to do. My family moved to AA a couple of years ago and they keep themselves really busy with talks and concerts and football games and eating out. I live in a bigger city now, but I figure that with a regular law school course load and the various things to do at the Law School and in AA in general, I won't mind the change.

I imagine that by the end of four years (I'm doing a joint degree) I'll be ready to leave, but I think that anybody but die-hard New Yorkers should be pretty happy in the meantime.

As a winter hater, I am a little concerned about the weather, but I did undergrad in Chicago, so I know I can handle it, albeit with gritted teeth.

yea and i'm terrified of the weather. i have never lived outside of So Cal except for the 3 months I studied abroad...and even that was tropical. So yea, snow is not exciting me. But i hear it def helps u focus on studying because it's so cold. :oops:

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”