Michigan 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Re: Michigan 2012

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:57 am

PKSebben wrote:
Alexandria wrote:I actually find street parking harder in the evenings than I do for morning classes.
I just park in the lot across the street or in front of the school. Don't you get here hella early?
PK - are you Bay?

Pumpkin

Bronze

Post by Pumpkin » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:12 pm

ack i am probably not going to Michigan but getting Dean Z's email just now reminding me about the deadline and talking about the "gruesome" possibility of my picking another law school just gave me a pang of regret about how awesome she and the school are.

don't think it's quite right for me but you guys should be so psyched!!!!!

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:39 pm

Just sent my deposit! Count me in!

Very excited to join you all in AA :mrgreen:

Zuckerkorn

New

Post by Zuckerkorn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Should I bring some extra GC controllers? Prepare to eat red shells, sir.

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm

Has everyone already gotten their fin aid packets? Like with loan info and stuff? I hadn't submitted any fin aid info to Mich until after preview wkd because I honestly never thought in a million yrs that I'd end up there. I didn't submit those forms until a couple days after preview. I was notified of my scholarship via email but have yet to receive anything else w/ regards to financial aid. Do you guys have all that info already or am I jumping the gun and being paranoid for no reason? :P

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:50 pm

If you haven't already, sign up for MAP! Hopefully, I'll be a leader and will get to meet some of you.

Anhimal

New

Post by Anhimal » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Pumpkin wrote:ack i am probably not going to Michigan but getting Dean Z's email just now reminding me about the deadline and talking about the "gruesome" possibility of my picking another law school just gave me a pang of regret about how awesome she and the school are.

Lol what did it say? Care to share? Sounds funny.

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:52 pm

summertimechi wrote:Has everyone already gotten their fin aid packets? Like with loan info and stuff? I hadn't submitted any fin aid info to Mich until after preview wkd because I honestly never thought in a million yrs that I'd end up there. I didn't submit those forms until a couple days after preview. I was notified of my scholarship via email but have yet to receive anything else w/ regards to financial aid. Do you guys have all that info already or am I jumping the gun and being paranoid for no reason? :P
If you got a scholarship (depending on how big it is), your chances of getting need-based aid is very slim. I don't know of anyone who got a scholarship and need-based aid, but I'm sure there are a few. If you just submitted your forms after preview weekend, it's probably not that big of a deal that you haven't heard yet.

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:54 pm

don't hate on the Yeazell tl.

:P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:18 pm

The Yeazell and the FRCP both deserve all the hate they get.

To Future LC Residents: This is a warning. BRING YOUR OWN MODEM AND ROUTER (or whatever you need to make a wireless network) BECAUSE THE WIRELESS INTERNET IN THE LC SUCKS!

nicoz

New

Post by nicoz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm

tl wrote:
summertimechi wrote:Has everyone already gotten their fin aid packets? Like with loan info and stuff? I hadn't submitted any fin aid info to Mich until after preview wkd because I honestly never thought in a million yrs that I'd end up there. I didn't submit those forms until a couple days after preview. I was notified of my scholarship via email but have yet to receive anything else w/ regards to financial aid. Do you guys have all that info already or am I jumping the gun and being paranoid for no reason? :P
If you got a scholarship (depending on how big it is), your chances of getting need-based aid is very slim. I don't know of anyone who got a scholarship and need-based aid, but I'm sure there are a few. If you just submitted your forms after preview weekend, it's probably not that big of a deal that you haven't heard yet.

I got both. Initially only the scholarship but I called the finaid office and they had me submit additional info. Just got the grant added to my package last night (bout a week after submitting).
Call and ask it can’t hurt. I spoke to Dean Gottschalk for about 20 min. and she was really cool (and obviously helpful!)

topsome

New

Post by topsome » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Yep! I got my financial aid packet in March, I applied mid January. The scholarship should show up immediately though.

How long does it take for them to confirm getting MAP for those of you who sent it in?

nicoz

New

Post by nicoz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:49 pm

Anhimal wrote:
Pumpkin wrote:ack i am probably not going to Michigan but getting Dean Z's email just now reminding me about the deadline and talking about the "gruesome" possibility of my picking another law school just gave me a pang of regret about how awesome she and the school are.

Lol what did it say? Care to share? Sounds funny.
And finally, there's always the gruesome possibility that you've settled on some other law school. That will make us sad, of course, but we try to be realistic about these things; we recognize that there are a few other law schools out there with something to offer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tcortez

New

Post by tcortez » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:12 pm

nicoz wrote:
tl wrote:

I got both. Initially only the scholarship but I called the finaid office and they had me submit additional info. Just got the grant added to my package last night (bout a week after submitting).
Call and ask it can’t hurt. I spoke to Dean Gottschalk for about 20 min. and she was really cool (and obviously helpful!)
Just curiously, how much was your grant money? If you don't want to say it on here, you can pm me. I'm just curious because I had to fight to get grant money even though I def deserved to get it and I'm wondering if its the same for everyone.

thefinalcut

New

Post by thefinalcut » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:25 pm

I am officially part of the Michigan 2012 crowd. Just sent in my deposit and withdrew from NU. Man, that was a tough decision. Back to the Midwest for me.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:29 pm

thefinalcut wrote:I am officially part of the Michigan 2012 crowd. Just sent in my deposit and withdrew from NU. Man, that was a tough decision. Back to the Midwest for me.
Congrats man, welcome!

tralinds

New

Post by tralinds » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 pm

Anyone send a request for scholarship reconsideration via email to the finaid department? How long did it take to receive a response?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thefinalcut

New

Post by thefinalcut » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:41 pm

tralinds wrote:Anyone send a request for scholarship reconsideration via email to the finaid department? How long did it take to receive a response?
I sent my email around midnight PST and woke up to my crackberry's buzz. I got the NO in less than 4 hours.

tralinds

New

Post by tralinds » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:50 pm

thefinalcut wrote:
tralinds wrote:Anyone send a request for scholarship reconsideration via email to the finaid department? How long did it take to receive a response?
I sent my email around midnight PST and woke up to my crackberry's buzz. I got the NO in less than 4 hours.
Hmm, I'm guessing since it has been 24 hours for me that they are actually considering it? Haha.

Just noticed one of your old posts re: taking the LSAT in Washington--I took the LSAT at Seattle U too! I'm from MI, but living in Seattle right now. You didn't happen to be at SeattleU for the June test, did you? There was a landline telephone in my test room that started ringing with 5 minutes left in Section 1--threw me off for the rest of the test. :(

tcortez

New

Post by tcortez » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Well I did that for scholarships and grants. I did receive the Teach for America Scholarship but that's about it. Grants was a fight to get those.

thefinalcut

New

Post by thefinalcut » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:04 pm

tralinds wrote:
thefinalcut wrote:
Hmm, I'm guessing since it has been 24 hours for me that they are actually considering it? Haha.

Just noticed one of your old posts re: taking the LSAT in Washington--I took the LSAT at Seattle U too! I'm from MI, but living in Seattle right now. You didn't happen to be at SeattleU for the June test, did you? There was a landline telephone in my test room that started ringing with 5 minutes left in Section 1--threw me off for the rest of the test. :(
Man, that is too bad. I did take the test at SeattleU but I guess my room wasn't within the range of that damn phone. Hope you get a favorable response. Sometimes, I feel like there are so many Michigan-ites(?) in Seattle. Personally, I have at least 4 friends who are from Michigan.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Zuckerkorn wrote:Should I bring some extra GC controllers? Prepare to eat red shells, sir.
I have always been more of an N64 guy, myself. But I have been known to play the Wii version :P

mightydinosaur

New

Post by mightydinosaur » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:23 pm

e_ticket wrote:
Zuckerkorn wrote:Should I bring some extra GC controllers? Prepare to eat red shells, sir.
I have always been more of an N64 guy, myself. But I have been known to play the Wii version :P
I have the Wii version! Never actually play it, but it's coming to AA with me, along with various other games.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm

mightydinosaur wrote:
e_ticket wrote:
I have the Wii version! Never actually play it, but it's coming to AA with me, along with various other games.
I should hold a video game party next year. I got all the cool toys.

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Last edited by summertimechi on Thu May 13, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”