Michigan 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
snotrocket

Bronze

Re: Michigan 2012

Post by snotrocket » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:51 pm

MLaw11 wrote:I didn't, but the general consensus (from what I heard) was that the program and activities were kinda stupid, but the chance to meet other students (especially those not in your section) was fantastic. I've heard people recommend it.
Everyone that I know who did it said that the social events were the good part, and that their best law school friends so far are the people that they met at MAP.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 pm

All I know is that, should I end up at Michigan, I'm certainly doing MAP. I can't really see any downside to it at this point...

itzjulz

Bronze

Post by itzjulz » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:19 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:All I know is that, when I end up at Michigan, I'm certainly doing MAP. I can't really see any downside to it at this point...
fixed that for ya ;)

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:33 pm

itzjulz wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:All I know is that, when I end up at Michigan, I'm certainly doing MAP. I can't really see any downside to it at this point...
fixed that for ya ;)
Haha, thanks hun. I just laughed out loud at work, and my boss gave me a sly look.

Awk. Ward.

lilybbloom

Bronze

Post by lilybbloom » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:08 pm

yeah MAP sounds really cool, I'm definitely going to do it.
Also, possum, I looked up woodbury gardens and it looks really nice! and they emailed me back right away when I asked about move-in dates. it's so cheap to live there! I hope I can find a roommate who is willing to live a bit farther out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:16 pm

That's awesome. If you have any questions, let me know!

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:47 pm

As a matter of approximate percentages, what would you say is the breakdown of people going to MAP viewing it as a "diversity" program vs. those who just want to meet new classmates, regardless of their "diversity" or lack thereof?

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:57 pm

I don't know how you would ever know that.

Nobody I knew saw it as a diversity thing....but it's not like I took a poll.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:26 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:As a matter of how the program felt, what would you say is the breakdown of people going to MAP viewing it as a "diversity" program vs. those who just want to meet new classmates, regardless of their "diversity" or lack thereof?
Fixed.
awesomepossum wrote: Nobody I knew saw it as a diversity thing....but it's not like I took a poll.
And answered. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tetrisd

New

Post by tetrisd » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:16 pm

The Rumor Mill on Auto-Admit has Michigan climbing to #6 in USNWR. Can it be true? We can only hope.

--LinkRemoved--

This has been a Public Service Announcement.

prelaw

Bronze

Post by prelaw » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Is that true? If so, does it matter? Should it?

doyleoil

Silver

Post by doyleoil » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:28 pm

tetrisd wrote:The Rumor Mill on Auto-Admit has Michigan climbing to #6 in USNWR. Can it be true? We can only hope.

--LinkRemoved--

This has been a Public Service Announcement.
if you're gonna link, you should link to the good stuff - "rigorous lulz" :lol: - you gotta hand it to them - they're cynical, but occasionally it's worth it

--LinkRemoved--

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:30 pm

prelaw wrote:Is that true? If so, does it matter? Should it?
After the mindless torrent of baseless speculations about Michigan declining due to state economy (to speak nothing of the shitshow that was HP's "Is Ken Hating on Michigan" thread) that we've witnessed in recent times? Heck yes. If it's true, I'll be the first person to start the celebratory thread in HP's honor. I'm so sick and tired of disinformation surrounding the extent to which Michigan is (not) tied to state's economy. Nothing like a healthy rankings rise to get the point across. :twisted:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Margarets

New

Post by Margarets » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:36 pm

It isn't happening. Even if it does, it won't mean anything (just like Penn and Boalt's recent (and ephemeral) ascensions meant nothing). Only anal pre-law students care, and what's sad is that when we enroll, we'll start interpreting as seismic the most trivial changes in the vault rankings. It never ends. Welcome to misery.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Margarets wrote:It isn't happening. Even if it does, it won't mean anything (just like Penn and Boalt's recent (and ephemeral) ascensions meant nothing). Only anal pre-law students care, and what's sad is that when we enroll, we'll start interpreting as seismic the most trivial changes in the vault rankings. It never ends. Welcome to misery.
Tbh, I am really not as hung up on rankings as it might seem. I just want the opportunity to snicker with glee at all those 'Michigan is on a slow decline' prophecies.

Margarets

New

Post by Margarets » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:41 pm

oh i wasn't accusing you of anything. it was just a general post.

I have a feeling that if ken and Dean Z met, dean z would give him a piece of her mind.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Margarets wrote:oh i wasn't accusing you of anything. it was just a general post.

I have a feeling that if ken and Dean Z met, dean z would give him a piece of her mind.
I certainly don't disagree with you, to note. Can you imagine us three years down the road? "Oh, Latttham is on the decline in Vault rankings, I sure hope I don't work there!" etc.

And :lol: at the thought of Dean Z meeting Ken. Though I gotta say, I more so envision Dean Caminker giving his piece of mind as far as rankings are concerned. :wink:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Margarets wrote:oh i wasn't accusing you of anything. it was just a general post.

Mmmm... knowing Dean Z, I think she would just laugh at him.

Margarets

New

Post by Margarets » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm

i guess.

i dont know, i feel like michigan law admissions is above all this bs. i mean, admissions probably read this forum and laugh, especially at the people who take themselves so seriously.respect mah authoritah and what-not.

Margarets

New

Post by Margarets » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Alexandria wrote:

Mmmm... knowing Dean Z, I think she would just laugh at him.

haha great minds....

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 pm

And speak of AutoAdmit threads, I just found an interesting thread related to Michigan. Not sure what to make of it.

http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?threa ... forum_id=2

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:40 am

I can't believe it took this long for the Poirier story to make it online. I thought for sure it would be on Above the Law.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:52 am

Alexandria wrote:I can't believe it took this long for the Poirier story to make it online. I thought for sure it would be on Above the Law.
So it's really true? :shock: I take stuff on that board with a huge grain of salt. I am not terribly familiar with it either - I just started looking at it this past week.

Jesus, what a mental case. Is he gone for good now? And is it true that there was a gunner at an ASW that people wrote to Dean Z. about? :shock:

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:31 am

Yeah, both stories are true (but the 0L gunner was not at an ASW... just a regular class day he visited, earlier this week). I don't know about every minor thing that poster said about Poirier, but the major points are true, and I have a few minor things of my own I could add but won't. I hadn't heard anything about him coming back at any point after the last day of finals of our 1L year. There was clearly either mental illness or drug use.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:39 am

Alexandria wrote:Yeah, both stories are true (but the 0L gunner was not at an ASW... just a regular class day he visited, earlier this week). I don't know about every minor thing that poster said about Poirier, but the major points are true, and I have a few minor things of my own I could add but won't. I hadn't heard anything about him coming back at any point after the last day of finals of our 1L year.
Whoa. It would suck to be that gunner right now, then. I cannot believe people actually wrote to Dean Z. about him. He'll probably never get off that WL. I cannot imagine what he might have done to annoy current students thus, but I feel a measure of pity for him either way.

And Poirier story makes me wish applicants could be screened for mental soundness/sanity before getting admitted. That's pretty damn creepy.

And that prostitution story too...quite the collection of characters at Michigan.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”