Michigan 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
chikalicious

New

Re: Michigan 2012

Post by chikalicious » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:47 am

Has anyone been able to download the tentative orientation schedule? The page is not loading for me for some reason and the email to the student affairs Deans bounced back. :?

Also, how hard is it to get a locker? If I get to Mich on the 22nd, do I have a chance?

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:25 pm

spencer26 wrote: What is the best idea for summer work for a 1L who is planning on doing big law?
I don't think it really matters. Just get legal experience. If you don't get a firm job, my advice to you is to do a judicial internship/public interest job that you are actually interested in and don't do it just for the name on your resume. I did this, and I regret it.

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:34 pm

LongRifle wrote:Anyone know how long it takes the financial aid office to process grad plus applications? I faxed my application about three weeks ago, and haven't heard anything or seen anything on wolverine access.
If you haven't hear anything by the end of this week, I'd call.

I received an e-mail at my umich account letting me know my award package had been updated about 3 weeks after I sent in my request for gradplus loans, and was able to sign in to wolverine access and see them. A few days later I got the request to sign the Master Promissory Note for those (there's a separate MPN for these even if you've already done the one for the Stafford loans).

SWilson

New

Post by SWilson » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:14 pm

jackpot.
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safa ... e&resnum=5
giant weight lifted off my shoulders.

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:28 pm

I think I honestly rather eat at BTB than Chipotle.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Chewbacca Defense

New

Post by Chewbacca Defense » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:52 pm

vidhartha wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
PKSebben wrote:first to call this the breakfast club.
It was right in front of my face the whole time, but I just couldn't see it. Perfect.
Oh man, it was so obvious, I blame it on this memo I'm trying to finish. Its got me all screwed up in the head. Can we make t-shirts?
I’m so glad that we’re all on the same page here. We’ll have secret handshakes and cereal based nicknames and secret meetings and eventually engage in clandestine domestic and international activities with our alumni in high positions of power building our influence, and gradually gain global influence. The Breakfast Club will come to secretly control the world! Then I’ll show her, I’LL SHOW ALL OF THEM!!!! Oh, and we’ll definitely have t-shirts with some fun designs.

Also all cereals are welcome….except special K, that’s a grown up cereal that does not meet the sugar threshold of the club. So if you’re going to be eating Special K you’re going to need to add at least 7.25 spoons of sugar per bowl, THIS I COMMAND!!!

SWilson

New

Post by SWilson » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:56 pm

tl wrote:I think I honestly rather eat at BTB than Chipotle.
burrito joints are so polarizing. :lol:

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:58 pm

SWilson wrote:
burrito joints are so polarizing. :lol:
lol. I dinged Chipotle awhile ago because they refuse to have any kind of cheese sauce for their chips. The nerve.

vidhartha

Bronze

Post by vidhartha » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:09 pm

BTB is only good after a night of drunken festivities, I tried it once while sober, and it definitely was not as good as I recall it being.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Chewbacca Defense wrote:
vidhartha wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
PKSebben wrote:first to call this the breakfast club.
It was right in front of my face the whole time, but I just couldn't see it. Perfect.
Oh man, it was so obvious, I blame it on this memo I'm trying to finish. Its got me all screwed up in the head. Can we make t-shirts?
I’m so glad that we’re all on the same page here. We’ll have secret handshakes and cereal based nicknames and secret meetings and eventually engage in clandestine domestic and international activities with our alumni in high positions of power building our influence, and gradually gain global influence. The Breakfast Club will come to secretly control the world! Then I’ll show her, I’LL SHOW ALL OF THEM!!!! Oh, and we’ll definitely have t-shirts with some fun designs.

Also all cereals are welcome….except special K, that’s a grown up cereal that does not meet the sugar threshold of the club. So if you’re going to be eating Special K you’re going to need to add at least 7.25 spoons of sugar per bowl, THIS I COMMAND!!!
since i'm indecisive can i hereby claim the title of corn popped apple jacked frosted flake-y girl? can i get that on a t-shirt?

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:14 pm

vidhartha wrote: BTB is only good after a night of drunken festivities, I tried it once while sober, and it definitely was not as good as I recall it being.
I can see this. Though, I never said it was "good", but it's still better than Chipotle.

jxk

New

Post by jxk » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:21 pm

sorry if this has been asked already but what banks are around/near campus? i currently use citibank but if there aren't any branches near campus, i would like to transfer my money to another bank. anyone?

Chewbacca Defense

New

Post by Chewbacca Defense » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:25 pm

summertimechi wrote:
Chewbacca Defense wrote:
vidhartha wrote: Oh man, it was so obvious, I blame it on this memo I'm trying to finish. Its got me all screwed up in the head. Can we make t-shirts?

since i'm indecisive can i hereby claim the title of corn popped apple jacked frosted flake-y girl? can i get that on a t-shirt?
Sure.....as soon as you conquer the Balkan Peninsula

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

awesomepossum

Silver

Post by awesomepossum » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 pm

jxk wrote:sorry if this has been asked already but what banks are around/near campus? i currently use citibank but if there aren't any branches near campus, i would like to transfer my money to another bank. anyone?

I suggest Bank of America if you want to go with a national bank, otherwise TCF bank.

jxk

New

Post by jxk » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:39 pm

awesomepossum wrote:
jxk wrote:sorry if this has been asked already but what banks are around/near campus? i currently use citibank but if there aren't any branches near campus, i would like to transfer my money to another bank. anyone?

I suggest Bank of America if you want to go with a national bank, otherwise TCF bank.
thanks!

thefinalcut

New

Post by thefinalcut » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Not as exciting as the "Breakfast club" topic, but what would be our mailing address for those of us who will be living in LC?

tcortez

New

Post by tcortez » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:08 pm

I dunno what BTB is but I love Chipotle.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SWilson

New

Post by SWilson » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:10 pm

tcortez wrote:I dunno what BTB is but I love Chipotle.
burrito club ftw.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:29 pm

Big Ten Burrito. Overrated.

vidhartha

Bronze

Post by vidhartha » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:58 pm

tl wrote:
vidhartha wrote: BTB is only good after a night of drunken festivities, I tried it once while sober, and it definitely was not as good as I recall it being.
I can see this. Though, I never said it was "good", but it's still better than Chipotle.
I still have never had Chipotle so I cannot compare.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:02 pm

vidhartha wrote:
tl wrote:
I still have never had Chipotle so I cannot compare.
now taking apps for burrito club, held immediately after breakfast club.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:30 pm

thefinalcut wrote:Not as exciting as the "Breakfast club" topic, but what would be our mailing address for those of us who will be living in LC?
Your Name
551 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109

scarletmuse

New

Post by scarletmuse » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:31 pm

awesomepossum wrote:

I'm a big fan of the University of Michigan Credit Union, fwiw.

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Chewbacca Defense wrote:
summertimechi wrote:since i'm indecisive can i hereby claim the title of corn popped apple jacked frosted flake-y girl? can i get that on a t-shirt?
Sure.....as soon as you conquer the Balkan Peninsula
hmmm....well....while i have no proof that i am indeed a direct descendant of a member of the ottoman empire*... i do own an ottoman...that should be enough, right? therefore i hereby request that my t-shirt be labeled 'Corn-Popped Apple-Jacked Frosted Flakey Girl of Constantinople*.' tyia

* to be honest, i'm not entirely sure the ottoman empire conquered all of the balkan peninsula, but i do vaguely remember from AP world history some discussion of them having a part of it, including the city of constantinople. this may, however, very well be a large geography/world history fuck up on my part. and yes, i am indeed too lazy to google the details. please don't kick me out of the breakfast club if i'm wrong. kthxbuhbye

just a girl

Bronze

Post by just a girl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:53 pm

I live across the street from BTB and believe me when I say that Chipotle is infinitely better.

As far as banks, I kept my regular bank at home and opened a checking account with TCF. It's where I put "fun money" so I can easily access cash with my Mcard for going out, etc. Plus, they gave me a free $50 for opening up an account with them. If you're interested let me know and I can "refer" you and then I think we both get a few bucks free.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”