Michigan 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
awesomepossum

Silver

Re: Michigan 2012

Post by awesomepossum » Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 pm

So I went to the Mrs. Fields across the street and the girl behind the counter was crying.

I thought "woah...somebody has it worse than a law student at exam time!"

airlineraddict

New

Post by airlineraddict » Sat May 02, 2009 10:41 pm

Guys, no more pity party. We've been through this in the fall. It's just like ripping off a band-aid.

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Sat May 02, 2009 10:48 pm

airlineraddict wrote:Guys, no more pity party. We've been through this in the fall. It's just like ripping off a band-aid.
It was NOT this bad in the fall. I can't imagine having to do this 4 more times after this semester.

Merriweather

Bronze

Post by Merriweather » Sun May 03, 2009 12:48 am

2 to go....

airlineraddict

New

Post by airlineraddict » Sun May 03, 2009 1:49 am

After fall's exams, I'm not really scared anymore. I'm not saying im going to do well or that I did well. I'm just happy that I've taken 5 exams now and haven't freaked out during the middle of any of them, and that my computer didn't freeze, and that generally I haven't been stumped. Beyond that, I don't think I care for much more :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Sun May 03, 2009 7:38 am

tl wrote:
airlineraddict wrote:Guys, no more pity party. We've been through this in the fall. It's just like ripping off a band-aid.
It was NOT this bad in the fall. I can't imagine having to do this 4 more times after this semester.
Finals aren't nearly as bad 2L and 3L year. I mean no fun, but not as bad. For one thing, you're usually pass/failing something, so you don't have to work hard. For another, it's usually a mix of finals and papers and sometimes take-homes that you can take anytime you want, so at least you have some choice in how to allocate the workload. And some papers aren't due during finals. Plus, if you take any classes that end early, you can get a final out of the way early, which is really nice.

scarletmuse

New

Post by scarletmuse » Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 am

airlineraddict wrote:After fall's exams, I'm not really scared anymore. I'm not saying im going to do well or that I did well. I'm just happy that I've taken 5 exams now and haven't freaked out during the middle of any of them, and that my computer didn't freeze, and that generally I haven't been stumped. Beyond that, I don't think I care for much more :mrgreen:
T, my friend, is the mother-effing CR. :mrgreen:

tetrisd

New

Post by tetrisd » Sun May 03, 2009 8:46 am

Just pulled an all-nighter for Contracts :-/

As of midnight I was woefully unprepared for it. Now, I'm just regular unprepared.

airlineraddict

New

Post by airlineraddict » Sun May 03, 2009 9:49 am

Fuck 2L and 3L! I just to make sure I'm good for EIW. If I have a job after that, I very much intend to check out of law school.

Well, the overachiever in me won't let that happen. Whatever it is, I'll have less of a flame under my ass.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tl

Bronze

Post by tl » Sun May 03, 2009 9:54 am

airlineraddict wrote:After fall's exams, I'm not really scared anymore. I'm not saying im going to do well or that I did well. I'm just happy that I've taken 5 exams now and haven't freaked out during the middle of any of them, and that my computer didn't freeze, and that generally I haven't been stumped. Beyond that, I don't think I care for much more :mrgreen:
It's not even about being scared of the exams, the grades, etc. It's about having to study almost impossible to comprehend material for 12+ hours a day for two weeks. It's a miserable existence.
airlineraddict wrote:Fuck 2L and 3L! I just to make sure I'm good for EIW. If I have a job after that, I very much intend to check out of law school.
ITE, with offers getting rescinded and deferrals being given out like candy, I don't even know if it's safe to do this anymore.

Merriweather

Bronze

Post by Merriweather » Sun May 03, 2009 10:19 am

tl wrote: ITE, with offers getting rescinded and deferrals being given out like candy, I don't even know if it's safe to do this anymore.
titcr

vidhartha

Bronze

Post by vidhartha » Sun May 03, 2009 8:28 pm

When do my fellow summer starters plan on moving to AA?

BigBlockofCheeseDay

New

Post by BigBlockofCheeseDay » Sun May 03, 2009 9:40 pm

Alright, I've officially joined the family, so i guess its time to join the thread. Looking forward to meeting everyone at MAP/Orientation!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vidhartha

Bronze

Post by vidhartha » Sun May 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Congrats and welcome to the family!

nicoz

New

Post by nicoz » Sun May 03, 2009 11:32 pm

BigBlockofCheeseDay wrote:Alright, I've officially joined the family, so i guess its time to join the thread. Looking forward to meeting everyone at MAP/Orientation!
Good call!!!! and welcome

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:05 am

tl wrote:
It's not even about being scared of the exams, the grades, etc. It's about having to study almost impossible to comprehend material for 12+ hours a day for two weeks. It's a miserable existence.
airlineraddict wrote:Fuck 2L and 3L! I just to make sure I'm good for EIW. If I have a job after that, I very much intend to check out of law school.
ITE, with offers getting rescinded and deferrals being given out like candy, I don't even know if it's safe to do this anymore.
I'm incapable of checking out. I was going to pass / fail First Amendment and I read every friggin word assigned. I figured I'd might as well take it. I think 2L is every bit as sucky as 1L. Sure you have the job, but now you chase the elusive clerkship, then something else, then something else. I'd like to just open up a bar.

At the center of the earth.

Anhimal

New

Post by Anhimal » Mon May 04, 2009 12:10 am

PKSebben wrote:
tl wrote:
I'm incapable of checking out. I was going to pass / fail First Amendment and I read every friggin word assigned. I figured I'd might as well take it. I think 2L is every bit as sucky as 1L. Sure you have the job, but now you chase the elusive clerkship, then something else, then something else. I'd like to just open up a bar.

At the center of the earth.
Maybe you can stop chasing all that stuff, I know easier said than done.

I hope going to law school won't be a life long chase you know? Getting to the right law school, then getting to the right firm (or getting that elusive clerkship) and then getting partner and yada yada yada. I just want to enjoy the ride, is that naive of me to say? I hope I'm not a disillusioned 0L but I'm really looking forward to Michigan, finals and all.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

granitemuse

New

Post by granitemuse » Mon May 04, 2009 12:23 am

Anhimal wrote: I hope I'm not a disillusioned 0L but I'm really looking forward to Michigan, finals and all.
me too! I'm super excited, exams and all.

rightthat

New

Post by rightthat » Mon May 04, 2009 12:32 am

granitemuse wrote:
Anhimal wrote: I hope I'm not a disillusioned 0L but I'm really looking forward to Michigan, finals and all.
Same here. Here's to having the fortitude to maintain this enthusiasm through the rough patches we are virtually certain to encounter!

vidhartha

Bronze

Post by vidhartha » Mon May 04, 2009 12:40 am

granitemuse wrote:
+1

mightydinosaur

New

Post by mightydinosaur » Mon May 04, 2009 12:56 am

Anhimal wrote:I'm really looking forward to Michigan, finals and all.
Not quite there with you, though I am looking forward to just about everything but finals!

Good luck to all the current students who are still finishing up!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Mon May 04, 2009 10:23 am

I feel like PK is a little extreme. I'm definitely not checked out... I'm ambitiously pursuing my personal goals. But I believe in picking your goals with life balance in mind (not that he doesn't), and I am definitely capable of checking out of small segments of law school... like a P/F class.

tcortez

New

Post by tcortez » Mon May 04, 2009 11:40 am

mightydinosaur wrote:
Anhimal wrote:I'm really looking forward to Michigan, finals and all.
Not quite there with you, though I am looking forward to just about everything but finals!

Good luck to all the current students who are still finishing up!
+1

I am definitely afraid of exams but I also look forward to everything else to come.

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Mon May 04, 2009 12:07 pm

Law school is very awesome. You should be excited. :) (Note, I'm exceptionally perky.)

But seriously... I have really enjoyed law school... obviously there are rough patches. But I feel like law school has given me a lot of opportunities to accomplish little goals and little successes, and I find that very fulfilling. Every big Legal Practice assignment or finishing my first finals or competing in moot court or whatever... I end up doing things that loomed so large to me beforehand and make me very proud once I've done them.

vidhartha

Bronze

Post by vidhartha » Mon May 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Alexandria wrote:Law school is very awesome. You should be excited. :) (Note, I'm exceptionally perky.)

But seriously... I have really enjoyed law school... obviously there are rough patches. But I feel like law school has given me a lot of opportunities to accomplish little goals and little successes, and I find that very fulfilling. Every big Legal Practice assignment or finishing my first finals or competing in moot court or whatever... I end up doing things that loomed so large to me beforehand and make me very proud once I've done them.
See this is the attitude I would like to find myself with when classes start. Tho I feel I will probably end up with something closer to my tar.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”