Michigan 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
malcolminthemiddle

New

Re: Michigan 2012

Post by malcolminthemiddle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:56 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
Chewbacca Defense wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:Pretty sure that is a premise directly from a whole slew of pre-teen-targeted movies aimed at boosting self confidence in early-adolescent girls.
Aww, you caught me. I over exaggerated my high school experience, which wasn't nearly as exciting as that. I’M SUCH A FRUAD! The only memorable experience I have from high school is that time I made the sports team but I was the only minority there and the all white team and small conservative town was not pleased with it, but my coach believed in me and pushed me and eventually through my hard work and team bonding we were able to come together as a team. My worst enemy became my best friend and I was able to melt away the prejudice of the town. We would have won the state championship too if it wasn’t for the opposing racist team purposely injuring me. It was fine though because as I was carried off a slow clap started which evolved into a full out ovation and I made my point that Asians could in fact play curling.
Simply beautiful.
thats gold

e_ticket

New

Post by e_ticket » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:23 pm

USC2009 wrote:
2. Anyone here interested in regularly going to a gym together? I've been going alone to the gym all summer and for most of last semester after my last partner quit, and I really find it much more enjoyable when you go with someone. Let me know.
I was just about to ask the same thing. I am definitely going to try to keep a regular exercise schedule. I'm game 8)

USC2009

Bronze

Post by USC2009 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:39 pm

malcolminthemiddle wrote:I am down to go to the gym. Been trying to get into better shape all summer. I am moving in on aug 15, anyone else moving in early?
August 10th.

itzjulz

Bronze

Post by itzjulz » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:17 pm

You could always use the sad excuse for a fitness room that we have at Woodbury until you're able to get your MCard :D

USC2009

Bronze

Post by USC2009 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:22 pm

itzjulz wrote:You could always use the sad excuse for a fitness room that we have at Woodbury until you're able to get your MCard :D
Haha, yeah. I might just go to some 24 hour fitness or whatever is nearby and try and get a week pass, then move on to the next gym and do the same...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

spencer26

New

Post by spencer26 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:31 pm

USC2009 wrote:
itzjulz wrote:You could always use the sad excuse for a fitness room that we have at Woodbury until you're able to get your MCard :D
Haha, yeah. I might just go to some 24 hour fitness or whatever is nearby and try and get a week pass, then move on to the next gym and do the same...
There aren't any 24 hour fitness gyms close. I checked, and I had to cancel my membership of six years! But I'd like to workout with someone else as well...
Last edited by spencer26 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexandria

Silver

Post by Alexandria » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:01 pm

After a midnight HP showing and work tomorrow, I'm not sure I'm going to be up to the DC reception!

Anhimal

New

Post by Anhimal » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:18 am

Alexandria wrote:After a midnight HP showing and work tomorrow, I'm not sure I'm going to be up to the DC reception!
I am so going to Harry Potter tomorrow, already got my tickets online. Wish I could go to the midnight show but I got work in the morning! Lucky you =)

jackassjim

Bronze

Post by jackassjim » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:27 am

Question for current students:

If you are a summer starter, do you get mostly visiting professors, or do you get to study with the top profs too?

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

just a girl

Bronze

Post by just a girl » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:31 am

Right now we have Professor Croley, who's kind of awesome, and Clark, who is really awesome. We definitely aren't given visiting profs just because we're summer starters. Last year the summer starters had JJ White, who's pretty much a God of contracts, and this year the summer starters have him in the fall.

jackassjim

Bronze

Post by jackassjim » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:31 am

just a girl wrote:Right now we have Professor Croley, who's kind of awesome, and Clark, who is really awesome. We definitely aren't given visiting profs just because we're summer starters. Last year the summer starters had JJ White, who's pretty much a God of contracts, and this year the summer starters have him in the fall.
That's great! Thanks a lot for the info.

dmreust

New

Post by dmreust » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:07 pm

USC2009 wrote:
malcolminthemiddle wrote:I am down to go to the gym. Been trying to get into better shape all summer. I am moving in on aug 15, anyone else moving in early?
August 10th.

August 17 here.

tcortez

New

Post by tcortez » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:07 pm

dmreust wrote:
USC2009 wrote:
August 10th.

August 17 here.
August 14th. I want to go too because I def can't go by myself. Also, is anyone a dancer? I love taking dance classes or pilates instead of just going to the gym alone so i'd love a buddy for that as well.

Btw, TLS stopped sending me email updates so I was gone forever. Hi again everyone.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:29 pm

tcortez wrote: August 14th. I want to go too because I def can't go by myself. Also, is anyone a dancer? I love taking dance classes or pilates instead of just going to the gym alone so i'd love a buddy for that as well.
I'd definitely be up for this, I was wondering if there were any places where we could take classes like these. I won't be moving in until the very last minute, though (Aug 22), but after that I'm all for it. Seems like it'd be an excellent stress reliever in addition to the health benefits.

snotrocket

Bronze

Post by snotrocket » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:31 pm

summertimechi wrote:I'd definitely be up for this, I was wondering if there were any places where we could take classes like these. I won't be moving in until the very last minute, though (Aug 22), but after that I'm all for it. Seems like it'd be an excellent stress reliever in addition to the health benefits.
I see people doing various sorts of dance classes in the CCRB every time I go in there. Check out the recreational sports website.

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:42 pm

snotrocket wrote:
summertimechi wrote:I'd definitely be up for this, I was wondering if there were any places where we could take classes like these. I won't be moving in until the very last minute, though (Aug 22), but after that I'm all for it. Seems like it'd be an excellent stress reliever in addition to the health benefits.
I see people doing various sorts of dance classes in the CCRB every time I go in there. Check out the recreational sports website.
thanks! here is the schedule from this summer's classes

http://www.umich.edu/~umove/Spring_Summ ... ochure.pdf

hopefully they'll have some good offerings for fall semester as well! :)

Chewbacca Defense

New

Post by Chewbacca Defense » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:00 pm

The classes look pricey and doesn’t look like a good way to display my manly prowess, that’s why I’m officially creating the official Michigan Law fight club once I get there as a means to show off our infinitely attractive masculine aggression and also a great way to get some cardio in. We’ll fight, laugh, meet new people, fight, exercise, fight, and generally have a good time, and there’ll only be one rule for the club: don’t talk about the club……shit :cry:

P.S. anyone know how I can get school funding for a club that I can’t talk about?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Chewbacca Defense wrote:The classes look pricey and doesn’t look like a good way to display my manly prowess, that’s why I’m officially creating the official Michigan Law fight club once I get there as a means to show off our infinitely attractive masculine aggression and also a great way to get some cardio in. We’ll fight, laugh, meet new people, fight, exercise, fight, and generally have a good time, and there’ll only be one rule for the club: don’t talk about the club……shit :cry:

P.S. anyone know how I can get school funding for a club that I can’t talk about?
I'm in for this.

USC2009

Bronze

Post by USC2009 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:53 pm

I feel like a pussy for admitting this, but I've never been in a full-on fight. A punch thrown here or there, but even those were relatively weak. I feel like I need to experience a fight before I'm like... 25.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 pm

USC2009 wrote:I feel like a pussy for admitting this, but I've never been in a full-on fight. A punch thrown here or there, but even those were relatively weak. I feel like I need to experience a fight before I'm like... 25.
Law Quad. MAP. You wanna ring the bell, Apollo?

USC2009

Bronze

Post by USC2009 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:52 am

PKSebben wrote:
USC2009 wrote:I feel like a pussy for admitting this, but I've never been in a full-on fight. A punch thrown here or there, but even those were relatively weak. I feel like I need to experience a fight before I'm like... 25.
I don't want you to look bruised and battered before we even start classes :wink:

Although a nice backyard brawl seems like a good way to relieve some of the stress of 1L...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BigBlockofCheeseDay

New

Post by BigBlockofCheeseDay » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:13 am

USC2009 wrote:
PKSebben wrote:
I don't want you to look bruised and battered before we even start classes :wink:

Although a nice backyard brawl seems like a good way to relieve some of the stress of 1L...
This is weird...last night my friends and i got a little drunk and decided to blow off some steam by fighting it out MMA style in a random front yard. i look (and feel) like a wreck at work this morning, but it was actually a good time. i have to say though, i couldn't stomach punching any of my friends in the face, so our "fighting" basically turned into "wrestling". but i guess if it goes down at MAP, i won't have that problem-- fight first, icebreakers later.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:12 am

USC2009 wrote:
PKSebben wrote:

Good point, we should wait until there are 2 foot snowbanks and then have the First Annual Michigan Law School Snow Pants Battle Royale (tm).

Around New Years, the 1Ls play the 2L / 3L's in tackle football in the snow. Good times.

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:07 pm

PKSebben wrote: Good point, we should wait until there are 2 foot snowbanks and then have the First Annual Michigan Law School Snow Pants Battle Royale (tm).

Around New Years, the 1Ls play the 2L / 3L's in tackle football in the snow. Good times.
Awesome.

Chewbacca Defense

New

Post by Chewbacca Defense » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:09 pm

I agree that most of us probably have never beem involved in a full on fight and that's why I picture our fights at law school are going to be like this:

--ImageRemoved--

Hopefully we'll be able to evolve into something a bit more organized and choreographed kinda like this:

Oh man, I can't wait to rumble with some sharks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”