GULC '12

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
User avatar
SubmarineChaser
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby SubmarineChaser » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:16 am

Come on people, I know more than three of us are going to Gtown next year (unless everyone else was regular decision and y'all are waiting for ASW in a few weeks to decide). Where my Hoyas at???

User avatar
StCuervo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby StCuervo » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:44 am

I'm going to ASW next week. I'd be happy to meet any TLS folks for a beer...

User avatar
SubmarineChaser
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby SubmarineChaser » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:19 pm

I'll be there, Cuervo, and I'm super excited to see the school. According to the admitted students' website they have a "night on the town event" on the Thursday night, and I'll be driving home Friday afternoon. So I'll probably have to take a raincheck on the beer, but I'm sure we'll both be able to use it once classes start anyway.

I know these boards love to shit on GULC, but there have GOT to be more people as souped as we are to be headed there...WHERE ARE YOU?!

marburger06
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby marburger06 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 am

I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'll be at ASW next week. Damn not being 21 though...I'll have to spend my "night on the town" with the rest of my UG friends across town :(

User avatar
SubmarineChaser
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby SubmarineChaser » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:17 pm

According to the event schedule the "night on the town" is really just playing pool and watching the Hoya hoops team in the lounge of the on-campus dorms. I don't think they'll card you for either of those haha.

User avatar
TrampsLikeU$
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby TrampsLikeU$ » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:58 pm

Got the letter today :D- I'll go if I don't get into UPenn, Columbia, NYU or Harvard
Can't get into the admitted student website yet- when is the ASW?

User avatar
StCuervo
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby StCuervo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:20 am

ASW is the 22 and 23 of next week but they are having another one in March (?)...

green
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby green » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:12 pm

I'll be at the ASW next week. Does anyone know what the Supreme Court thing is on the schedule?

User avatar
SubmarineChaser
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby SubmarineChaser » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:25 pm

No idea...it just says "discussion of Supreme Court case" so my best guess is that it will be some sort of panel discussion? I mean there's really no time in the schedule for us to be researching a case enough to speak intelligently about it. I guess we'll see. I'm more concerned with the FinAid presentation and the campus tour.

brytniku
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby brytniku » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:16 am

No one has posted in here for over a month? Really?

I'm pretty sure I'm set to go to GULC, but I'm visiting at the end of this month before I commit. Has anyone visited yet? What did you think and can you recommend a nice/not too pricey hotel on the red line?

ama25
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby ama25 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:51 am

brytniku wrote:No one has posted in here for over a month? Really?

I'm pretty sure I'm set to go to GULC, but I'm visiting at the end of this month before I commit. Has anyone visited yet? What did you think and can you recommend a nice/not too pricey hotel on the red line?


I'm prolly gonna go.. I don't want to visit schools till I hear back from everybody..

User avatar
SubmarineChaser
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby SubmarineChaser » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Anyone going to the Boston accepted students reception on April 6?

omg
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby omg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:50 pm

me! probably...

User avatar
SubmarineChaser
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby SubmarineChaser » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Nice nice...any idea what these out-of-town receptions entail?

omg
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby omg » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:36 pm

If it's like the GW one, an open bar :D , lots of schmoozing, and a brief speech by a dean or two, haha

User avatar
SubmarineChaser
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby SubmarineChaser » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:32 pm

omg wrote:If it's like the GW one, an open bar :D , lots of schmoozing, and a brief speech by a dean or two, haha


That's what I like to hear!

omg
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby omg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:46 pm

I'm in and visiting Georgetown Monday. For anyone else who has visited, is there anything you'd recommend I specifically try to see or ask questions about? Anything positive I should try to find out more about or negative that I should be aware of?

(Sorry for using prepositions incorrectly so often, haha...It sounds unbearably pretentious to make them correct.)

User avatar
gilchristh
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby gilchristh » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Housing question: are any of you really familiar with D.C. neighborhoods? I'm looking for a place off-campus where I can have my large dog, but I'm looking on craigslist to get a headstart and I'm not really sure where to begin. I want to be pretty close to school, but I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount in rent. I've lived in LA and San Francisco, so I'm used to higher rent... just don't want to pay anything absurd. Any neighborhood tips?

DEKOCARDS
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby DEKOCARDS » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:22 pm

gilchristh wrote:Housing question: are any of you really familiar with D.C. neighborhoods? I'm looking for a place off-campus where I can have my large dog, but I'm looking on craigslist to get a headstart and I'm not really sure where to begin. I want to be pretty close to school, but I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount in rent. I've lived in LA and San Francisco, so I'm used to higher rent... just don't want to pay anything absurd. Any neighborhood tips?


Check out Takoma or Silver Spring. They are about 12-15 minutes up the Red Line, and many of the apartment complexes allow pets, also they have more convenient access to amenities (grocery, dry cleaning, shopping) than most of the neighborhoods around the school.

Disclosure: I'm a GULC 1L.

User avatar
gilchristh
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby gilchristh » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:24 pm

DEKOCARDS wrote:Check out Takoma or Silver Spring. They are about 12-15 minutes up the Red Line, and many of the apartment complexes allow pets, also they have more convenient access to amenities (grocery, dry cleaning, shopping) than most of the neighborhoods around the school.

Disclosure: I'm a GULC 1L.

Awesome. Thanks!

User avatar
sba314
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:12 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby sba314 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:12 pm

bump :D

whiteballea
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:50 am

Re: GULC '12

Postby whiteballea » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Am I the only person who is ridiculously excited about the prospect of attending GULC in the Fall? Maybe it's just my reaction to how completely underwhelming my undergraduate school was.

I think that attending one of the nation's top law schools, and living in DC right now can not be beaten.

Please pardon my over-enthusiasm.

User avatar
SubmarineChaser
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby SubmarineChaser » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:18 pm

whiteballea wrote:Am I the only person who is ridiculously excited about the prospect of attending GULC in the Fall? Maybe it's just my reaction to how completely underwhelming my undergraduate school was.


I'm with you :D I just submitted my housing application for Gee-whiz today. Can't wait for August!

monstermasher
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:26 am

Re: GULC '12

Postby monstermasher » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:38 pm

ba-bump

this thread needs some more activity...

Mark71121
Posts: 132
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Re: GULC '12

Postby Mark71121 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:42 pm

gulc 1l feel free to ask Qs




Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest